Sign in to follow this  
Lange_666

FS 2020 hangs for over 6 minutes on loading

Since the last (small) update FS 2020 hangs for well over 6 minutes while loading and always on the same spot (at around 85% loaded).

spacer.png

Game load blazingly fast from an NVMe drive but hangs at the spot in screenshot for well over 6 minutes, then continues to the main screen.
While it hangs there, the CPU activity goes to a minimum and in Task Manager Flightsimulator goes into a Non Responding state.
This last part made me think something was wrong/corrupt after the last small update yesterday, making me uninstalling with lots of MS Store throubles to get it back installed.
After the re-install (on a fresh formatted drive), same thing happened.
By accident i left it there, was away from the computer for a bit, and when i returned i looked at the main screen.
Same things happens on each load.

Anybody else seeing this. If not i wonder what happens because before the update it was fine and after a fresh re-install (pure clean, nothing 3th party added) it does the same thing.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Question: Is it possible to check a log file being written during load to check where it hangs?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Try to change to windowscreen not fullscreen when loading (alt+enter)...maybe it helps...or placebo in my case...

Mine is at 11 minutes from clicking run to reaching the main menu. I figured it was because of my huge AIG folder. Dedicated NVMe SSD.

Is this not the norm?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

My sim takes a very short time to load since SU10 with an average of about 3 minutes. It only takes 5 seconds to get from halfway loaded to on the main menu. 6 Minutes isn't bad, when you consider how many mods you may have in your community folder. For instance - when I left the beta (I know you dont have to but I did) my sim automatically deleted everything, that was over 250GB of mods in the community folder...however, the sim was taking atleast 10 to 15 minutes to load so I am very much glad the sim deleted itself eventhough it took me several days to get it back to how it was.

Do you use EDGE browser, maybe?

Want to check if you have the same issue:

MSFS freezes during load with EDGE Browser and HW Accel - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

when you consider how many mods you may have in your community folder.

As stated in my original post. None !

My sim fully loaded with loads of addons, every single AIG model on a rusty old spinney drive from icon double click to main menu is about 14 mins

Thomas Derbyshire

3 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Game load blazingly fast from an NVMe drive but hangs at the spot in screenshot for well over 6 minutes, then continues to the main screen.

That's because you probably have hundreds of add-ons in your community folder. You should also consider the amount of files you probably have for AIG, and now for the new FSLTL, that adds hundreds of models and minutes to the count.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sometimes mine loads normally then other times it takes longer, but it usually loads.  Sometime the splash screens don't show up and the screen is black from half way til it loads.

Yesterday I had two occasions where after loading from the World Menu and hitting FLY, it would go to about the 80% mark and just quit.  I had to use the Task Master to close it and start over again.  Then it would load properly, but would ask for the Safe screen or Normal.  Very aggravating.

Also yesterday the FBW would come up with the plane all white except the Rudder and engines were green.  Seems like there is always some issue to deal with.

Roy

29 minutes ago, edpatino said:

That's because you probably have hundreds of add-ons in your community folder. You should also consider the amount of files you probably have for AIG, and now for the new FSLTL, that adds hundreds of models and minutes to the count.

Pfff, as mentioned in my orignal post and again a few posts above yours in response of someone else, i have NOTHING in my community folder. It's a clean install, nothing added. Do people actually read something before they post?

What bugs me the most is that during the "hang" process, Task Manager considers the program as "not responsive".

Edited by Lange_666

22 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

What bugs me the most is that during the "hang" process, Task Manager considers the program as "not responsive".

Had the same a few days ago (sim not responding), but in my case I did have a full community folder (around 250 items on it) and a "bad" aircraft livery repaint on it recently installed.

Hopefully you'll get around the issue.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I did experience this yesterday and day before as well.  Loading the PMDG 737 800 it would just stay stuck at 80% after hitting FLY.  As usual worked fine day before BUT I have been experiencing gremlins since I installed GSX which I’ll be honest doesn’t work more than it should - but that’s another thread all by itself.

Thomas Derbyshire