Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Pmdg update 09 October 2022

Thanks everyone for summarizing the "update" so quickly for me!  Same 'ol junk.

• Like 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Unable to sayanything nice, as usual. What kind of life do you all have?

• Like 2

Rob Jones.

28 minutes ago, jonesrob said:

I could tell you about it in a „news“ update with 2500 words. Are you interested? You wouldn‘t believe what happened the last time I went out for dinner…!

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Having said that, I fully expect the 777 to release next year.  I would be very surprised if the 777 released this year.  If my memory is correct, the PMDG 737 took almost 3 months of beta testing, so the 777 would have to enter beta testing about now, for the 777 to have any chance of releasing this year.

Next year for sure, you have to factor in the 6 months of PMDG hype machine pre release. 

• Like 3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

7 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Don't bring the English into the US daftness - dd/mm/yy here !!...

G

Interesting, didn't know that. Germany / Austria is dd mm yy as well... just for info. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, jonesrob said:

To be fair, almost all of us own multiple PMDG products. We're allowed to poke fun at a company we all love and support.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

i wish they had a rough release date for the 777

If my memory is correct, Randazzo estimated the 737 could possibly release in the fall of 2020, back in 2020, before he changed course.  And then in 2021 around June, he estimated the 737 could release between September to December of 2021.

The PMDG 737 released in May of 2022. Randazzo's estimates are sometimes pointless and way off.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 hours ago, micstatic said:

This was an interesting update. The max hint was cool but left me wondering when.  The tablet thing also didn’t really tell us how far out it is. Nonetheless, it’s nice to hear from him 

Was it?  Lots of words without actually saying anything, with the exception they took some vacation.  In fact, they literally made a statement about not making statements.  You wont see a MAX for years as we know know the 777 and 747 are next; that will probably take at least 1.5 years.  I guess GFO is dead? 

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

51 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Interesting, didn't know that. Germany / Austria is dd mm yy as well... just for info. 😄

I had assumed most were ddmmyy and it was one of the things the US did in it's unique way... never checked though...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

30 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

You wont see a MAX for years as we know know the 777 and 747 are next; that will probably take at least 1.5 years.

Nah.  I think the 737 MAX code is probably done or close to done for PMDG.  The only reason Randazzo won't release it is because Randazzo said in the radio interview that the MSFS market is "fatigued" with the 737 lately.

If iFly are about to release their 737 MAX for MSFS though, you can bet PMDG will release their 737 MAX before iFly.  I expect the 737 MAX from PMDG to release between the end of this year, to sometime next year, and most importantly, it will release before the iFly 737 MAX for MSFS.

The 777 and 747 from PMDG can probably be pushed back a little, because there isn't any competition from PMDG at the moment (well, Just Flight is making the older 747 variant so that may influence PMDG a bit). But for the 737 MAX, I expect PMDG will release their 737 MAX before iFly does, and most likely, Randazzo will pick a time when he feels the MSFS market is not so "fatigued" by the 737.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

I had assumed most were ddmmyy and it was one of the things the US did in it's unique way... never checked though...

G

Yeah, I thought GB was definitely mm/dd/yy as you guys also use imperial units.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

10 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Were Imperial about the 70's, we have been metric ever since.... Only the old hats remember Imperial now.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 minutes ago, tweekz said:

OK I'm weak, looked it up and it is more or less just the US.

We use metric and imperial, in a very weird mix and match fashion. If you asked me my height & weight I'd tell you in imperial, but if I'm cooking it would be 100% metric. Most road signs are in imperial, but I drive my truck in metric (in terms of speed & distances)...

Beer is still pints though! 

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

48 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Was it?  Lots of words without actually saying anything, with the exception they took some vacation.  In fact, they literally made a statement about not making statements.  You wont see a MAX for years as we know know the 777 and 747 are next; that will probably take at least 1.5 years.  I guess GFO is dead? 

18 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The 777 and 747 from PMDG can probably be pushed back a little, because there isn't any competition from PMDG at the moment (well, Just Flight is making the older 747 variant so that may influence PMDG a bit). But for the 737 MAX, I expect PMDG will release their 737 MAX before iFly does, and most likely, Randazzo will pick a time when he feels the MSFS market is not so "fatigued" by the 737.

RSR said he anticipates the MAX to be released in between the 777 variants, so it's as far off as the 777 is. Of course plans may change.

33 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

G

AFAIK the US date format is adapted to the way the date is spoken in the US - "October 9th" = 10/09/2022.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD