Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

SWS Kodiak 100 Hotfix Out

What's really frustrating at this point is that Hot Fix 1.3.6 is out. Others have it but ORBX, for some reason does not show any fix available yet. I'm going to start dealing directly with the dev's. This is BS and isn't the first time this has happened. It was only released two days ago by SWS. Short rant complete.

Edited by Wblackret

6 minutes ago, Wblackret said:

What's really frustrating at this point is that Hot Fix 1.3.6 is out. Others have it but ORBX, for some reason does not show any fix available yet. I'm going to start dealing directly with the dev's. This is BS and isn't the first time this has happened. It was only released two days ago by SWS. Short rant complete.

Contrails doesn't have it either

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Simmarket has always been quick with the SWS updates.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

On 10/17/2022 at 6:54 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Been flying the Kodiak wheeled version, and it is flying great. I find that rudder trim is only needing about 1 click to he right and elevator trim, is just slightly forward of straight up on takeoff. Taxiing is much easier now, in controlling taxi speed with low idle.  

I haven't had a chance to try it, but this sounds off... I'm fairly sure the real plane needs a lot of rudder trim.  The fact it requires less now and not more seems wrong.

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Contrails doesn't have it either

Flightsim.com still doesn't have 1.3.5 posted. 

Last time I buy from them.

I got 1.3.8 from Just Flight today.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

53 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I got 1.3.8 from Just Flight today.

Ver 1.3.8?  Interesting. I usually get an email directly from SWS on updates, and the last I've seen is version 1.3.6;  no 1.3.7 or 1.3.8.

What is the change log info for ver 1.3.8?

Al

EDIT: Just occurred to me, I only have the wheel version of the Kodiak, maybe the 1.3.8 update was only for the float plane version.

Edited by ark

23 minutes ago, ark said:

Ver 1.3.8?  Interesting. I usually get an email directly from SWS on updates, and the last I've seen is version 1.3.6;  no 1.3.7 or 1.3.8.

What is the change log info for ver 1.3.8?

Al

EDIT: Just occurred to me, I only have the wheel version of the Kodiak, maybe the 1.3.8 update was only for the float plane version.

I have the wheel version also.

Latest Update: 2022/10/20

v1.3.8

-Fixed throttle issues reported with previous version

-Improved Ng effect on engine cooling, dry-motoring is faster

-Added missing glareshield and ice light effects

-Increased propeller thrust

-Modified G1000 screens to make use of new auto-brightness logic

-Fixed missing heat effect on right exhaust of some variants

-Adjusted Amphibian drag

-Removed selectable AI Amphibian

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

By the time hot fix make it to other online stores it will be cold fix LOL 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

simMarket is still showing 1.3.6 and that was posted on the 19th.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

simMarket is still showing 1.3.6 and that was posted on the 19th.

I have 1.36 for the wheeled version and for the add on Float version. 1.36

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

According to the devs on the official forums. 1.3.8 is a typo. The current version is 1.3.6. 

I just re-downloaded the Kodiak wheels version from the SWS site, and after reinstalling the manifest.json file shows ver 1.3.6.

Al

On 10/16/2022 at 5:35 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I have sent a fix for that to the author, and this may come in another hotfix..

Here is the fix (better performance as well)... unzip into your Community folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khb7wgiw6ez2b1l/sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels-ESI500.zip?dl=0

I read today on the Discord page that his fix is not needed after SU10. Is that correct?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I read today on the Discord page that his fix is not needed after SU10. Is that correct?

Try it!  I still get the broken speed readout on the ESI500 without it.. apart from which it cleans up the gauge and improves performance..

Bert