Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

AI Traffic Improvement SU11

On 10/16/2022 at 10:57 AM, Car147 said:

Not seen that either since Su10  was released. You seem very unlucky with the issues you seem to have.

I guess i am unlucky, too. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

13 hours ago, Noncon said:

My guess is, it has to do with the stuck aircraft logic, which starts a timer to remove non-moving (stuck) AI from the sim.

Absolutely. In the early days of MSFS I saw an aircraft at EGLL moving around in circles (not the rotating we currently see, but taxiing with the nose wheel hard over) attempting to 'find' a route on the taxiway to get it moving after it had pushed back. It did that for ages, until I gave up watching, without ever being correctly lined up to join the taxiway. I assume the behaviour we now see is an attempt to avoid that by rotating in place so that it will always be able to point directly at the outgoing route. The problem is that this behaviour is triggered whenever the aircraft is 'stuck', such as waiting in-line for take-off, waiting for other traffic to move off the intended route etc.

Ian Box

I honestly preferred the old way they handled inbetween Airports live traffic where it translated Flightaware tracking data into movement.

(some of you have heard this story before, forgive me) For example a year or so ago I watched a NavCanada flight do ILS tests at a local airport, and the aircraft in sim followed its movements almost exactly. It would approach the runway at glide scope, pull up, loop around and repeat until finished. Then it flew off to its final destination airport once the tests were over. 

You could also follow random GA aircraft that were just flying about doing some sight seeing or instruction or whatever.

With the new system that won't happen, the aircraft will just fly and land at the destination airport as it's just following a generated flight plan that goes point to point..

Maybe this new system has advantages, I don't know, really haven't seen any. I've seen more issues than positives. Like the sim spawning aircraft that haven't even taken off yet, almost up to an hour before.

Edited by Tuskin38

Can anyone tell Me using FSLTL

1.) why when I use default online traffic, with FSLTL liveries, does atc not use proper call signs, ie speedbird for BA etc..

2.) fixed

3.) fixed

4.) why does atc not operate for AI if I use the injector, rather than msfs real-time online traffic?

thanks!! 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

With the new system that won't happen, the aircraft will just fly and land at the destination airport as it's just following a generated flight plan that goes point to point..

Bit of a bummer... It's so cool in SU10 to see aircraft land at 34R instead of 34L in KDEN as an example as per real world as they're on approach to that runway IRL. If it now just looks at the real world flights to inject but otherwise just makes them fly from A to B with no position updating according to flightaware data this won't happen anymore.

39 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Bit of a bummer... It's so cool in SU10 to see aircraft land at 34R instead of 34L in KDEN as an example as per real world as they're on approach to that runway IRL. If it now just looks at the real world flights to inject but otherwise just makes them fly from A to B with no position updating according to flightaware data this won't happen anymore.

flights that are injected already on approach should use the correct runway according to the patch notes.

Pre-SU11 live traffic would could use the wrong runways if descending from cruise as once on approach they're switched to internal AI control.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

But the most essential question is, do they finally FLARE?

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Can anyone tell Me using FSLTL

1.) why when I use default online traffic, with FSLTL liveries, does atc not use proper call signs, ie speedbird for BA etc..

2.) fixed

3.) fixed

4.) why does atc not operate for AI if I use the injector, rather than msfs real-time online traffic?

thanks!! 

What did you do to fix those 2 points?

Just now, kkbelos said:

What did you do to fix those 2 points?

Just used the injector options. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kkbelos said:

It used to, looks like this is a new bug with SU11 Beta.

I noticed the same.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

32 minutes ago, Alvega said:

It used to, looks like this is a new bug with SU11 Beta.

I noticed the same.

Ahhhh I thought I was going crazy! 

do you also have the issue that if you use the injector that they don’t communicate at all with atc? 

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

do you also have the issue that if you use the injector that they don’t communicate at all with atc? 

I didn't try with the injector yet. Will try tomorrow.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Me too, as they keep referring to Ryanair as romeo yankee romeo. Terrible. Didn’t notice it before the beta. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

15 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Just tried the injector, I hear no comms from AI except the GA traffic. SU11 beta bugged FSLTL injector. Also planes never land.

• Like 1

Alvega

24 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Just tried the injector, I hear no comms from AI except the GA traffic. SU11 beta bugged FSLTL injector. Also planes never land.

I think we just have to wait until either Asobo or FSLTL can manage to get past this beta issue. Apparently it's something to do with changes in simconnect in SU11, according to FSLTL. Sorry, don't have a reference for that right now, but it's in one of my posts here on Avsim 🙂

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f