Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Beta build 1.29.5.0 is now available for testers!

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone notice poor zigzag lines in the clouds in this beta? 

I didn't, can you post a screenshot?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone notice poor zigzag lines in the clouds in this beta? 

So far all good here.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I’ve had a lot of CTDs, freezes and instabilities with this update. I’ve opted out of the beta for now. It’s probably due to my addons.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

45 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I’ve had a lot of CTDs, freezes and instabilities with this update. I’ve opted out of the beta for now. It’s probably due to my addons.

Didn't expect that from you. Why didn't you try to find which addons were causing the issues as you did with GAIST with the other beta build? Quitting is not going to help Asobo or the 3rd party devs fix the problems.

And by the way, no crashes or freezes here with this build yet.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

52 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

So not taking one for the team this time😉 I skipped the previous and current beta because I did not have the time and patience to report the issues.
Hopefully not everyone thinks so because we will only end up with these CTD's in the released version.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 minute ago, lupedelupe said:

Are the helis available in the Beta?

No. Not until official release.

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

52 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

When you opted out did you have to do a full re-install?

32 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Didn't expect that from you. Why didn't you try to find which addons were causing the issues as you did with GAIST with the other beta build? Quitting is not going to help Asobo or the 3rd party devs fix the problems.

And by the way, no crashes or freezes here with this build yet.

Well it was pretty bad, and I just wanted to do some flying without troubleshooting all the time 🙂 Can't really blame me for that, can you? Or I guess you can, but I don't think that's fair. I've done my fair share of beta testing since June 🙂

I know quitting is not going to help Asobo. Let's just say I'm just taking a short break to enjoy the sim a little more. Ok with you?

Sorry for the sharp reply, but I think you were a bit unreasonable there, Alvega. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

26 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

When you opted out did you have to do a full re-install?

No as I had a backup of the SU10 Official folder. I usually do that as a complete reinstall is so time-consuming. 

• Like 3

Well, with this update I can now run the beta without any loading CTD's. So that's good. Can I notice any difference between SU10 and SU11? None that I can detect. FPS the same.  Everything else the same. I'm guessing SU11 isn't aimed at the likes of me because nothing has changed?

Edited by jarmstro

23 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

No as I had a backup of the SU10 Official folder. I usually do that as a complete reinstall is so time-consuming. 

This can't be overstated! Make a backup of the official folder! 

This way you can simply copy it back when reverting, instead of re-downloading the entire official folder.

That's all there is to it. The MSFS installer has had its issues in the past, but there's one thing that has always worked reliably: it accepts the files in the official folder without a hitch after copying from a different location. Thanks to this, I didn't even have to do a re-install in the early days when switching from MS Store to Steam (after using the 1 EUR month of GamePass). Simply moved the folder to the new location of my Steam install. 

Edited by pstrub
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

43 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well it was pretty bad, and I just wanted to do some flying without troubleshooting all the time 🙂 Can't really blame me for that, can you? Or I guess you can, but I don't think that's fair. I've done my fair share of beta testing since June 🙂

I know quitting is not going to help Asobo. Let's just say I'm just taking a short break to enjoy the sim a little more. Ok with you?

Sorry for the sharp reply, but I think you were a bit unreasonable there, Alvega. 

Ok, sorry, I probably deserved it. But I was surprised and had to say it. Hope you get back soon because I like the way you usually help troubleshooting issues with the betas. 😉

• Like 4

Alvega

7 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Ok, sorry, I probably deserved it. But I was surprised and had to say it. Hope you get back soon because I like the way you usually help troubleshooting issues with the betas. 😉

No worries. Maybe I just need a break for today, and I'll be back troubleshooting tomorrow, who knows? 🙂 Just had an excellent flight in the HJet without any issues at all which was a very welcome change. 

It was quite fun the way we resolved the issue with GAIST though 🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 5