Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

KMCO Taxi2Gate Terminal C

Hi...

Does anyone know if Taxi2Gate are going to update KMCO to add terminal C? They've practically modelled it...it just needs gates etc adding.

Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

One can only hope they do but like most scenery makers, everything is MSFS anymore so they will probably update for MSFS and skip P3d when all they literally have to do is add jetways.......

Look at how many developers have updated their P3D products in the past year, and that should answer your question. 

Pete Locascio

According to their FB page, they do intend to update TFFR to P3Dv5 (I believe this is currently supported  upto P3D v3 ) but then they plan to turn their attention to MSFS. This was according to their post on Sept 21st.

So for KMCO, I doubt there will be an update for P3Dv5 or beyond.

I personally dont have the scenery, but if the terminal building itself is present in the scenery, you could probably use a combination of ADE to add the appropriate parking gates to Terminal C and GSX Level 2 to add the jetways to make the airport more complete.

Of course this would require your own time and effort to take this on and modify the appropriate AFCAD .BGL file, but these tools are relatively straightforward to use after the initial learning curve.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 11/8/2022 at 5:22 AM, Danthepilot77 said:

One can only hope they do but like most scenery makers, everything is MSFS anymore so they will probably update for MSFS and skip P3d when all they literally have to do is add jetways.......

I’m working on it! 

Removing the construction related objects that are scattered around Terminal C was pretty straightforward. Now I am adding the taxi lines to the ramp and working on the GSX L2 configuration for each of the gates. 

Early preview, I am going to try and replace the ramp texture as well.

https://imgur.com/a/VM93SnO

Long live P3D 😀

Edited by PinkPony
  • Like 8

I often go to KMCO in P3D, would love to see this also.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

This update sounds great, please keep us posted!

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

That's awesome! Thank you

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Update, I have completed the North side of Terminal C - Gate: 230/231/232/233/234/235/266/237/238/241/243/245)
Next up is working on the (currently) three operational South side Gates: 240/242/244 - The remaining South side gates are a W.I.P. in the real world.

Features:

• Taxi/Apron lines (Google Maps is still out of date so I will need to wait for more recent imagery before further improving the layout of each taxi/apron line and the gates.
  • GSX Level 2 integration(Gate 230/231/232/233/234/235/266/237/238/241/243/245). Currently only Gate 241 - 243 have VGDS (still unsure what the real world setup is). 
    I will update the GSX.ini once additional real world reference is available. 

Bugs:

• No taxi lights on Terminal C apron. Although I added lights to the AFCAS and layer the MOD above the T2G scenery entry, I have not been able to get the AFCAD taxi lights to appear above the ramp texture (If anyone knows how to, please reach out to me).
  • There is a texture gap in the middle of a Terminal C taxiway (see bottom left corner of my preview screenshot). This is a T2G bug which is present in the scenery. I should be able to fix this soon (once I figure out how to use Blender). 

• NOTE: As fare as I could tell, the only way to remove the construction crates that surround Terminal C is to modify the T2G Terminal C model file. While doing so was very easy, without written permission from T2G, I cannot share the modification of their Terminal C model. I will contact T2G to ask for their permission to share the MOD of their Terminal C model (the only change is the removal of the construction crates). 

Previews: 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwugkkvm9rr8ah6/Overview_Day.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zias10fkj603xlb/Overview_Night.jpg?dl=0

Linked to MOD* https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ebironq87307up/AAAxpu68R9D7t6Mg0UWFUEFLa?dl=0

*The MOD does not contain any T2G files (see above NOTE).

Edited by PinkPony
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

PinkPony,

This is awesome work! Thank you. Do you know if the baracades/fences for the taxiways should be there? They're still showing on mine