Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Maybe it's not meant to be...

We have a beauty college here in Roswell and I go there for my haircuts.  It's easy for them to cut my hair because it's #2 all the way around no sideburns.  When they are done the instructor lady comes over to inspect and do the touchups.  7.50 for the haircut and a 10.00 tip and I still come out ahead.  Some are good looking and some just so-so but either way I win.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

When I lived in NW Indiana, my local barber would cut my hair for $8. Here in Hot Springs the cheapest haircut is $20. I feel truly "cheated!"

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, martin-w said:

You are saying that just "taking it all off" would do the trick? How would I handle the flocks of babes that would follow me around though? Where would I get the stamina?

Do you have a secret supplement formula to handle the physical demands? Is it that testosterone cream stuff? Do you slather it on? 🤔

All I can say is... some of us have it...and some of us don't.

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

17 hours ago, n4gix said:

When I lived in NW Indiana, my local barber would cut my hair for $8. Here in Hot Springs the cheapest haircut is $20. I feel truly "cheated!"

I pay about 25 quid, something like that. What's that? About $30. 

Yikes! That's highway robbery!  🤑

Fr. Bill    

This is how I save money on barbers:

7Aj1B0C.jpg

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

2 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I too have a Wahl clipper with attachments, but I mainly use it to mow my face prior to applying my Norelco triple-head shaver for a closer trim... 😂

Fr. Bill    

Maybe spacefaring life has not shown up because their technology tends to kill them before they get very far.....

https://www.euronews.com/next/amp/2022/11/15/sperm-count-drop-is-accelerating-worldwide-and-threatens-the-future-of-mankind-study-warns

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

7 hours ago, dave2013 said:

Same here. Only took 2 haircuts for it to pay for itself. I don’t have to wait for a chair to open up and can do it while only wearing underwear 🤪

4 hours ago, Mike A said:

Same here. Only took 2 haircuts for it to pay for itself. I don’t have to wait for a chair to open up and can do it while only wearing underwear 🤪

How do you reach the back of your neck to achieve a proper trimline?

Fr. Bill    

My wife.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

23 hours ago, n4gix said:

Yikes! That's highway robbery!  🤑

I suspect most things are cheaper in the US though. You guys have a better standard of living and pay less than UK. Or am I wrong?  🤔 How much is a loaf of whole meal bread in the US, not posh stuff, basic? I paid £1,75 the other day. Many things are even dearer where I am, as it has to come over on the boat. A full weeks shopping costs a bomb. 

Edited by martin-w

I just asked my wife how much we pay for a load of bread.  She said anywhere between $2.00 and $3.00.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

You can get the cheap loaf at Walmart for $1.10, that's 20 ounces or 567 grams.

The better stuff, still Walmart brand, costs $2.12 for 24 ounces or 680 grams.

The name brand stuff is considerably more expensive.

Thank God for Walmart.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I've found over the years that the bread of my youth is no longer available. In the past (50's to 70's) bread was finer grained and soft. Today's breads, even the major brands, are coarser grained, and not nearly as soft. The closest I found to the bread of my youth is "Mother's" and it is not available here in Hot Springs, AR. 😢

Fr. Bill