Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

A380 FBW Test Flight

The sounds when he landed (touchdown/reversers/shake) were just sensational.  They seem to be further along than I thought.

Is this upload approved by FBW?

very strange to see this from a random account. 

Apart from that the aircraft looks amazing. 

Edited by espent
  • Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Before anyone gets too excited - the A380 is still a year or two away, minimum. I heard that from a FBW dev.

• Like 1

Wow those take off and landing sounds are beautiful

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

43 minutes ago, espent said:

Is this upload approved by FBW?

very strange to see this from a random account. 

Apart from that the aircraft looks amazing. 

It's not exactly endorsed, but it was a public stream on the fbw discord and it's not like you can stop people from sharing it.

The main streamer literally asked for it not to be put on YouTube and speaks for nearly two minutes to say that further A380 demonstrations to the Discord group would stop if the stream went public. 🤷‍♂️
https://youtu.be/tzqHARYIvUA?t=1275

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Before anyone gets too excited - the A380 is still a year or two away, minimum. I heard that from a FBW dev.

It does look like there's a fair bit of work left to do. The EFIS wasn't displaying data correctly and the A/P and A/T weren't used either either, suggesting that they're not reliable for use yet.

Great to see the level of detail being put into this.
I think it will be my long-haul aeroplane of choice once it becomes available - I'll just have to continue waiting impatiently for it!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Looks like they have made some great progress since the last info was posted, It's going to be a stunner...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Looking real good, man I hope they release something for public use by 1Q23 (I'll take alpha quality even), absolutely cannot wait for my most favorite heavy ever.

Looks like FBW are ok with this being posted given the the pinned/top comment on the YT video?, also FSElite posted this below where they said FBW ok'd the video, but who knows as some FBW'ers on their discord don't seem happy this was put out on YT

https://fselite.net/content/check-out-the-first-footage-from-the-flybywire-simulations-a380x-in-msfs/

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Figured that, people are getting way too excited too soon from one video, my guess was late 23 to mid 2024 for a release. These guys are not doing this full time.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Looking at the Video that aircraft is far from ready for prime time. It looks like it gonna be awesome in about 2 years.

Well, I got it in youtube page just as I oppened it and copied the link to paste it here.

Wasn't aware it was a private video 😕

Anyway, just clicked it and it is still available even without logging into my youtube account...

Sorry to the FBW team if this was unwanted, but all I can say is that it really looks promissing !!!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

it's incredibly naive of them to think something posted on the internet will remain private/under their control

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, jcomm said:

Well, I got it in youtube page just as I oppened it and copied the link to paste it here.

Wasn't aware it was a private video 😕

Anyway, just clicked it and it is still available even without logging into my youtube account...

Sorry to the FBW team if this was unwanted, but all I can say is that it really looks promissing !!!

This isn’t on you, as you merely found the video and reported on it here.  Perhaps FBW should more carefully vet who they invite to their discord accounts.

it’s also reported here in FSNews.

https://fsnews.eu/new-flybywire-a380x-for-msfs-in-game-footage/

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

In a year or two we will have a B777 and an A380 to play with

• Like 1