Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

LatinVFR sale now on - P3D and MSFS products

Hi,

I received an email advertising Latin VFR's Thanks Giving sale with up to 50%off on some products:

More info here: https://latinvfr.com/

Doesn't say when the sale finishes though so you may have to be quick!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

The sale is on again 😄
Are Barcelona and Miami worth it in MSFS? I had KMIA back in P3D but not enough VRAM so never really used it, even on my RTX3060 😞

happy hunting,

&

ugcx_banner.png

On 12/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, sholay said:

Are Barcelona and Miami worth it in MSFS? I had KMIA back in P3D

LEBL is definitely worth it, IMO.
Big airport, some great details in certain areas, good performance and has the city modelled also.

KMIA much less so.
Parts of it are good (apron textures, train animation, parts of the city, port and South Beach modelled).
Other parts aren't great (airport building textures are medium-res, some weird green textures on buildings at night, ground textures outside airfield perimeter are low)
Can't remember anything about performance as I haven't visited it in a while. Don't remember it being bad, e.g. their version of LEMD.

Overall, the usual mixed bag from LVFR.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Need to somewhat apologise for giving LatinVFR's LEMD a bit of a hard time.

Turned my TLOD down from 250 to 180 and I had no issue with FPS in all conditions (stayed solidly locked at 30 FPS). I was flying the PMDG 737 and ran RealTraffic + PSXT with about 45 AI aircraft in and around the airport.
I do use DLSS, but have modified my UserCfg.opt file (see spoiler below for the necessary changes to make glass cockpits look much better with DLSS turned on).

There are issues with aliasing on parts of the terminal buildings and the terminals are too dark at nighttime.
Otherwise though, it's worth it at $8.99, IMO.

Spoiler

Version 66
{Video
Adapter "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti"
    Monitor 0
    Windowed 1
    FullscreenBorderless 1
    WindowActive 0
    Resolution 3440 1377
    FullScreenResolution 3440 1440
    PosX 0
    PosY 23
    AntiAliasing DLSS
    DLSSMode QUALITY    (Change this)
    DLSSG 0
    Reflex OFF
FSRMode BALANCED
    PrimaryScaling 1.000000
    SecondaryScaling 1.500000    (Change this)
    SharpenAmount 1.000000
    ReprojectionMode 0

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

So, thanks for input.

I got both Miami and Barca. You’re spot on - LEBL looks great along with some 'elements' of the city. Full price is great deal too.

Miami indeed one tier lower. The discount makes it good deal though.

&

ugcx_banner.png

I just purchased KFLL, and in order to download it you have to install an app on your PC. Kind of a PIA. Now I can't figure out how to download it.. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Although not on sale but was wondering if anyone has used Airport Static  Aircraft and Airport Regional Environment? I am sick of watching the "pink, blue, orange aircraft. 

Bob I think you will have to download app "Contrail". I think LVFR mentions this when you pay for the download.  Hope this may help.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just purchased KFLL, and in order to download it you have to install an app on your PC. Kind of a PIA. Now I can't figure out how to download it.. 

If you are referring to the Contrail app, I love it. I have several airports from various developers running through Contrail, and it makes updating a breeze. They also have a shop that sells tons of flight sim ware. You should be able to get the app from the Contrail Webshop. 

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Title should probably be amended to include that the FSX airports, except Orange County are on sale.

Picked up KEYW to replaced a freeware version.

Ernest Pergrem