Sign in to follow this  
MikeH99

Majestic Q400 MSFS Announcement

They are going to have to compete with the two other regional turboprops in development - Asobo and Blackbird’s (Milviz) ATRs.  If it’s a port over without any major upgrades I think sales will be somewhat disappointing.  If the Maddog wasn’t the first one out of the gate I suspect they wouldn’t have done nearly as well either.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

As much as I like the Majestic Q400, a port over won't work. The 3d model is from 2013 and was never updated. I can't imagine that this will turn out well in MSFS.

Edited by Tim-HH
  • Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Not too long ago I had a session on a cae 7000 xr simulator. Have to say the textures were not that great and it had no simulated cabin!! (imagine that!)

Would have never passed the scrutiny of some of the folks here on the MSFS forum.... 

Really agree with the sentiment here--I loved the Q400 in P3D, but man, seriously..."port over"...? Majestic, it's really time to have a vc re-do that looks like 2022 (or 2025 when it finally gets released lol). Coding and systems without an update will be exactly the fate of the Maddog..."meh". I really wanted to fly the Maddog again in MSFS and bought it right away, but I don't fly it simply because it makes me feel like I'm stuck in an old version of P3D. Come on, Majestic, you guys are amazing! If you do this right there should be a good amount of $ in it for you!

How about Majestic does everything except vc textures, which can be left to...well...Carenado?? : )

My 2c

• Like 2

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

As tempting as it is I’m holding back on port overs. You can definitely see the difference and for the money we fork out we should have have something decent up to 2022 standards… Why you Maddog?

8 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

"MSFS 2020:
Flight Simulator 2020 has certainly made considerable strides over the last two years

This made me laugh. 

8 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

"MSFS 2020:
Flight Simulator 2020 has certainly made considerable strides over the last two years

This made me laugh. 

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

It will be ready in 2027

I would guess that could be an optimistic estimate.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I was kind of hoping a certain DASH 7 would land soon.. 

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Tough crowd ...

I would have thought people would be more excited about having the systems details in MSFS

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, level7 said:

Tough crowd ...

I would have thought people would be more excited about having the systems details in MSFS

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have it. I would probably end up getting it. I am more concerned WHEN I can get it, as I suspect it will take years. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

12 minutes ago, level7 said:

Tough crowd ...

Tough crowd? Most other devs delivered… even ones we never heard of before. We’re paying money right? 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

We’re paying money right? 

The idea that "paying money" entitles the customer to behave in any way that they wish is mistaken,
though in certain parts of the first world, apparently that is exactly what is perceived.

The idea that because the customer has "paid money", they are entitled to updates, free or otherwise,
to every future flight simulator and quickly too, is also mistaken, though in certain parts of the first world,
apparently that is exactly what is perceived.

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 3