Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Some nice black Friday deals!...

Ah word not allowed. I just bought all of my new PC parts for my move from P3d to msfs so I don’t even have anything setup but it’s the best time of year for addons. My poor credit card. 

Edited by sfgiants13
  • Like 2

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

9 minutes ago, Farlis said:

That has been going on for at least 5 years now and they turned it more into a week of sales instead of just a day.

Yes. It seemed to start last weekend.  Saves all the mad rush I suppose!  

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I would like a Varjo Aero but even with the $300 off I'm still not going to bite given the usual price is $2000

If it was 50% off I'd buy but my wife would still kill me! 🤣

Edited by FBW737
  • Like 1

Just picked up HPG Heli bundle with the hot air balloon and to complement it, Offshore Landmarks North Sea . Also ordered Buttkicker pro which was not discounted. Hopefully wont regret the impulse buy tomorrow morning.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sceadu said:

Huh?, its thursday

forgive me I've not got used to this latest American culture Import, is the Friday in Black Friday a very loosely defined Friday?

It's been a thing in the UK since 2010.

• Like 2

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Hmm 26€ for the Concorde ... I'll check the forums to see if there are any showstopping bugs on it first, but I'm tempted.

14 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Problem is, at this rate, I will have more aircraft than I can ever fly! 

It's a great problem for us to have.  Some really top-notch pay and freeware aircraft about now and there just isn't enough time to enjoy them all.  .  Not that I'd wish my life away, but its a good time to be a pensioner.

• Like 1

Regarding FS addons, is it me or there are not so many good deals as it used to be?

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

19 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I'm thinking about a Loupedeck as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9msdHeTxk&t=166s

I like the rotary controls down each side - they could be very useful in DCS too. Thirty quid off at the moment.

Oh no Paul!  Don't show me this.  £199 on Amazon - about £30 off as you say.  My credit card is already smouldering. :unsure:

• Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 hours ago, chickster25 said:

I’m tempted by the Real Taxiways USA & Europe from JustFlight, to add proper signage to airports as it’s down from £30 to £22, but I’m not sure it it’s recommended by others?

I had it (the USA version) but uninstalled it because you have to manually disable every addon airport in the install folder to prevent elevation and signage issues. 

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

16 hours ago, Sceadu said:

Huh?, its thursday

forgive me I've not got used to this latest American culture Import, is the Friday in Black Friday a very loosely defined Friday?

I noticed on Amazon Germany they had Black Friday Sales since Monday or so.

I don't even know what a Black Friday is, lol

I looked at the usual flightsim shops (simmarket, contrail, OrbX, flightsim.to) and today they all have Black Friday Sales. So it's propably a common term now.

As a consumer  I don't care what a sale is called, if I can save a buck or two.

Picked up two cheap planes at OrbX.

Edited by darshonaut
  • Like 2

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

11 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

I noticed on Amazon Germany they had Black Friday Sales since Monday or so.

I don't even know what a Black Friday is, lol

But then again Amazon is a US company so they propably just do this sale in every country where they have business.

I looked at the usual flightsim shops (simmarket, contrail, OrbX, flightsim.to) and today they all have Black Friday Sales. So it's propably a common term now.

As a consumer  I don't care what a sale is called, if I can save a buck or two, lol.

Picked up two cheap planes at OrbX.

Yes, I think it is more of a week long thing now.  It also seems to include 'Cyber Monday', which is another recently invented thing. 
I can't complain either as I have done well out of it.  I just added up that I have saved at least £110 - on things I wouldn't normally buy or need unfortunately!  :unsure:

They still need to catch up with my local Sofa and Carpet shops though - they have sales all year round!  :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Oh no Paul!  Don't show me this.  £199 on Amazon - about £30 off as you say.  My credit card is already smouldering. :unsure:

😂

Just ordered mine. It looks to be a useful item, not just for MSFS, but Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, and Blender too.

Go on, you know you want to. After all, what's £199 but a family shopping trip to Tesco and a tank full of petrol to get there ? You wouldn't balk at that, would you ? Only £199.... 😉

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

9 minutes ago, Paul K said:

😂

Just ordered mine. It looks to be a useful item, not just for MSFS, but Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, and Blender too.

Go on, you know you want to. After all, what's £199 but a family shopping trip to Tesco and a tank full of petrol to get there ? You wouldn't balk at that, would you ? Only £199.... 😉

Well...  It's done now.  After watching most of Mark's video (he is making some good MSFS content lately), I decided it was too good to miss.
I better get a second job!   Please everyone, don't show me anything else.  I don't care if the Fenix is a tenner, I'm not buying any more!  :unsure:

• Like 4