Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | Stable 0.9.0

9 hours ago, btacon said:

I hope that was poorly worded sarcasm. If not…grow up and quit acting like an entitled child.

-B

I can’t tell if that post about the LNAV is legit or not. As I have not flown this plane yet, is there something wrong with the LNAV?

Eric 

17 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I can’t tell if that post about the LNAV is legit or not. As I have not flown this plane yet, is there something wrong with the LNAV?

I'll soon be able to test 0.9.0 and will report back after an LEMD-LPPT flight.

Meanwhile and as usual, the FBW Team excels in providing a professional product at €0,00 !!!

What a GREAT EXAMPLE of commitment to the community!!!

Thank you Watsi & FBW!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

For some time now my FBW A32NX has been painted all white except the engines and the movable part of the rudder which are the original green.

The original paint scheme shows up correctly in the selection screen, but not when I load it.

I just installed the new version thinking it would now be corrected, but it still shows up all white.

Also when I escaped to return to the main menu I waited about 15 minutes and it never finished, so I had to close it with the Task Master.

I don't know what's going on here.  Any suggestions.

Roy

Do we know if there are any plans to move VNAV to more than just the experimental version?  It seems like it's been "in testing" there for more than a year now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

35 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

Do we know if there are any plans to move VNAV to more than just the experimental version?  It seems like it's been "in testing" there for more than a year now.

I'd also like to know.

56 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I'd also like to know.

Agree 100%. Took the HW A339 from LAX-HND last night. I haven't been in MSFS for a long time, and was shocked the VNAV wasn't in stable branch yet...

Edited by mspencer

2 hours ago, JDWalley said:

IS that right? I have been using Experimental for months but now switched to the stable again. Is VNAV still not in there? I must have a look.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I also want to say thank you for your great work! So we are coming closer to V 1.0 🙂 

Greets,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

8 hours ago, JDWalley said:

Real men don't use VNAV 😜

Joke apart... I was able to jumpseat quite a few times in airliners, including several Airbuses, and there were two aspects of their operation, at least in the two companies I used the most, that kind of surprised me because I was expecting VNAV to be used naturaly:

- on most descents from TOD down and before reverting to manual flight, FLC and even VS were used more often;

- in Airbus the AP **AND** AT being disengaged for the whole final approach;

I like to set my own descent rate, make some arythmetic and even trying to manually follow constraints to make me busy in a long flight where I would otherwise "leave the cockpit" and go playing with my cat - Kagarini...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

14 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Real men don't use VNAV 😜

Joke apart... I was able to jumpseat quite a few times in airliners, including several Airbuses, and there were two aspects of their operation, at least in the two companies I used the most, that kind of surprised me because I was expecting VNAV to be used naturaly:

- on most descents from TOD down and before reverting to manual flight, FLC and even VS were used more often;

- in Airbus the AP **AND** AT being disengaged for the whole final approach;

I like to set my own descent rate, make some arythmetic and even trying to manually follow constraints to make me busy in a long flight where I would otherwise "leave the cockpit" and go playing with my cat - Kagarini...

In my case, I want to be able to have the plane fly the glide slope on an RNAV approach, which I would expect is pretty common?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jcomm said:

An uneducated guess: maybe FLC/VS make it easier to comply with ad hoc ATC instructions?

Interesting!

• Like 3

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

I am a bit confused about the Simbridge option. I duly downloaded and installed it with the FBW installer but when I started up MSFS there was a "not yet downloaded" version showing in my Content Manager. Although selectable there was no download or update option so it just remains there in my Content Manager showing as not installed. Is this normal as I for one have not come across this sort of situation before?

Edited by Espana Pete

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

0.9.1 released

Main Simulation Rig:

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

0.9.1 released

Yepp!

We've released a small patch to fix the metadata found in MSFS content manager to properly reflect the stable version is installed. We've also contacted our ground staff to properly switch the INOP sticker to the correct colors. All flights are now cleared for departure.

Please read before flying: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/latest-release/

Note: Throttle calibration is now required.

Guide: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/throttle/

Happy Flying!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

FlyByWire Simulations

I haven’t flown this in a while, I’m wondering if anyone can comment on how support for Skalarki hardware has evolved?  Is the FCP still working well?  Has support for the MCDU materialized?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU