Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

This could/should have been x-plane 12 - more than plausible

1 minute ago, Daube said:

I thought the simheaven sceneries were only based on OSM data ? Did they change their data generation technology recently ?

Yes, I also didn't realize that XP now had dynamic streaming textures of the entire globe...  

Sure...  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just now, psolk said:

streaming textures of the entire globe

it compresses it enough you dont need to stream, with regions coming in around 13.6 GiB a pop.

AutoATC Developer

10 minutes ago, mSparks said:

No, what is going on unreal engine is a data renderer not disimmilar to google earth, xplane or MSFS.

yep and what is going on in Google is just a search tool no different than "ask Jeeves"   Blackshark.ai has nothing to offer the world.  They've only provided access to the entire globe digitally in accurate 3D representation at multi LOD in the UnReal Engine..

Seriously, why do you need to argue EVERYTHING in this forum?   

Edited by psolk
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

1 hour ago, soaring_penguin said:

I agree with the Colonel, why would you want X-Plane to be a replica of the other sim?

Mind you, I have nothing against nice, realistic scenery, in my opinion it is an important part of the immersion.

yeh why would you want a true representation of the world to fly in.. . silly idea lol

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, soaring_penguin said:

I agree with the Colonel, why would you want X-Plane to be a replica of the other sim?

Mind you, I have nothing against nice, realistic scenery, in my opinion it is an important part of the immersion.

Well iRacing, Project Cars, Race Room and Assetto Corsa all provide access to the same tracks.  The fact of the matter is if you want to end up with a realistic depiction of the globe they "should" end up looking pretty similar.  Then the devil is in the details of how the rest of the sim was implemented around the visuals... 

Not sure why you would want the world to look "different' from sim to sim if they are all trying to provide a photorealistic depiction of the same thing... 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

4 minutes ago, mSparks said:

what. HTH do you not know what google earth is? The download even includes a freeware flight simulator https://support.google.com/earth/answer/148089?hl=en

https://earth.google.com/web/

lGCXXj0.png

HTH do you not know sarcasm....  You are right I've never heard of Google Earth.  Dude, WHAT are you on about???

@mSparks We are good, no need to further interact, you are clearly incapable of having a discussion where any improvement or option is suggested.  XP is perfect, can't be improved and is the best scenery depiction out there even better than everything else available.  Is that what you want to hear?  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 8

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

16 minutes ago, psolk said:

if they are all trying to provide a photorealistic depiction of the same thing..

But they aren't, at least not yet, its all a matter of trade offs with different priorities. In terms of image processing & simulation current state of the art is based on this stuff from 4 years ago:

There is a HUGE difference between the capabilities X-Plane offers, vs that, vs a data visualiser for Unreal Engine vs what Asobo have done under Microsoft branding after a few of their employees did some basic flight training.

Like, not even remotely similar.

See also 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

15 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

Yeh, why would you want a true SIMULATION of the planes you FLY ... in a FLIGHT SIMULATOR? Silly idea - LOL

that's only half of flight simulation and you know it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

3D surface mesh doesn't even cover a whole number of percent of it and you should know it.

IF you want improvements there, you should look into importing more detailed DEM data (not really recommended tho, its a probably best left to third parties).

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

So bottom line.

XP is all good because us XP-simmers will have to continue to rely on good ol' Simheaven? Or can we find a more up-to-date visual-wise Toronto skyline somewhere? Because this is far cry from acceptable in 2022.
Toronto.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, UKflyer said:

So, why is this half (the most important one, i.e. the CORE) in a FLIGHT simulator so weak in "the competitor"TM? In a FLIGHT simulator, FLIGHT should be the most important part, whereas the scenery is a kind of an addon. In a "scenery simulator" the scenery should be the most important part, whereas a flight simulator is kind of an addon (see e.g. Google Earth with its "flight simulator").
And you know it ...

• Like 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.