Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

MSFS Marketplace/Steam purchase turned into a mess

29 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Hi Ray, the problem is to buy the plane in MSFS i had to do it through steam, but there i just added credits that MSFS redeemed. It was a two step process. From steam’s perspective i bought credits twice and redeemed them in MSFS twice. They have no idea how i used them. 

Same here. Even though I have an email from Microsoft confirming that I bought the same thing twice, Steam won't issue a refund because all they know is that I bought credits, not what I used them for. I think it is a lost cause really. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It still sounds like your contract is with Steam but I accept it’s complicated.

If you can provide evidence to Microsoft - a receipt showing the same product purchased twice - then they should refund your Steam account if that’s how things work. If they can take money from that account then there should be a procedure to issue a refund.

Ask them why you would buy the same product twice unless you had made a mistake or there was a glitch in the process. I’ve done the same with Flightbeam and they willingly refunded my credit card, not a credit note.

That is the problem. In steam it only shows i added funds to my wallet twice. No mention of what it was used for. In MSFS i looked but don’t see anywhere my purchase history is shown. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

No matter how this turns out I am definitely never using the marketplace again. This is ridiculous. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

10 minutes ago, RobJC said:

That is the problem. In steam it only shows i added funds to my wallet twice. No mention of what it was used for. In MSFS i looked but don’t see anywhere my purchase history is shown. 

Crikey! No receipt? So if you have an issue like now how do you prove you legally purchased something? That sounds legally dubious. You should raise a formal complaint that Microsoft have not provided any proof of purchase.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The marketplace provides a receipt which comes by email. The email shows date and amount. It does not show what was purchased. This is the same as purchases on an Xbox console. It's Microsoft's business plan to never show what was purchased only how much was paid on what date and that there was a purchase. 

It's almost like Bill Gates had a ne'er-do-well son in law that he put in charge of his purchase cart system decades ago. And his business has been suffering ever since. 

There is no way that Jeff Bezos would have ever set up a cart system so clunky on Amazon. He's always been very ambitious but not stupid. 

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This is how you fix the issue with marketplace purchases failing via Steam.  You have to run steam.exe and GameOverlayUI.exe as administrator as well as having the steam overlay enabled as discussed in this article: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016063399-Steam-Error-messages-Purchase-pending-and-Purchase-failed-  

I had multiple marketplace purchases fail through Steam until I figured this out.  Hope this helps.

I had the issue of not receiving my Vision Jet download after purchasing through Steam. I have never had a issue purchasing anything through Steam for many years and this was my first try at Marketplace. I contacted the Flight Sim Zendesk and after providing them with copies of my Steam wallet withdrawal, etc. they downloaded the Vision Jet to me. I had to start up MSFS and it was in my Content Manager ready for download. I was advised that Marketplace is having many download issues since the launch of SU11 and 40th Anniversary addition. Hope this helps anyone having issues.

• Like 1

What I usually do is wait about a min for the purchase to go through, which most of the time it doesn't. Then I click purchase again but then instead of confirming purchase once the steam window appears I hit cancel and it says purchase already in progress and then it immediately starts downloading successfully. This is a weird work around but the only way I can get it to work. Hopefully this helps others with there purchases.

FYI mine also always took the money from steam right away but would fail the in-game purchase far too often until discovering this trick. Why microsoft can't fix this is beyond me.  

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

12 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

Guys how do we/I request a refund from MSFS - anyone got a link pls?

Hi,

I went through here (had to sign in with my Microsoft Account (same one as used for MSFS))

Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Then on the drop-down list choose:

I have an issue with the Marketplace (Purchase is missing, the Buy & Download button is grayed out, etc...)

And fill out the details.

I took screenshots of the receipts from Steam to attach to prove what had occurred.

Good luck!

PS. I would rather they had provided the airport I was trying to purchase in the Market Place, but for some reason they only wanted to issue me a refund instead. I lost out on the time-limited 30% discount for that airport 😞

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft did their part. Now it is up to steam. 

12 hours ago, Viper714 said:

This is how you fix the issue with marketplace purchases failing via Steam.  You have to run steam.exe and GameOverlayUI.exe as administrator as well as having the steam overlay enabled as discussed in this article: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016063399-Steam-Error-messages-Purchase-pending-and-Purchase-failed-  

I had multiple marketplace purchases fail through Steam until I figured this out.  Hope this helps.

I performed this down to the T...and still had failed transaction error, while my Steam wallet was charged.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Update: I finally got the double charge refunded to my steam account. Not sure I would use the funds for a MSFS purchase after this fiasco. 

• Like 1

Just got notification that Paypal resolved the case and will be issuing me a refund. I had to forward the confirmation from Microsoft that I had been charged twice. It will have to be a very special aircraft, unavailable anywhere else before I consider using the Marketplace again. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog