Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Just Flight Previews FS Traffic for MSFS

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

These various "traffic addons" don't really do the job.

For me, a true "traffic addon" would need to do the following:

1. Nice-looking models.
2. Set-up is "set it and forget it"
3. Real-time traffic: what I see taking off and landing at my real airport is what I see (with delay) in the sim.
4. Planes behave realistically and not eratically
5. Not a fps killer

The likelihood of me marrying Kim Kardashian is by magnitudes higher than someone ever delivering this kind of "package". UT from Flight1 came close.

....Oh, hi Kim, so glad you called....

I never understood the Real-time traffic thing, what I want is a believable environment in my flightsim. I don't need a exact airline schedule simulator!

Especially not also when it is tanking my FPS!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

PSXT with RealTraffic achieves all but the models requirement. Of course, it has a fee, but the non-erratic behavior and correct patterns make a world of difference. You can choose to use AIG or FSLTL models or both. So, updating those models becomes the only part that isn't set and forget.

Totally agree, PSXT with RealTraffic is excellent.  Don't know what RealTraffic's data source is, but it appears to be better than FlightRadar24 - what you see is actually what's happening at the airport and in the cruise in real time (with a slight delay).  RealTraffic is a tad expensive, I imagine that's because they have to pay for the source of the real time data feed.  Models are great, from FSLTL and AIG.

• Like 1

It continues to amaze and confuse me that for so long we have not got a proper GA AI option.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

And I should add that if you have the Professional license for RealTraffic, you can time shift the realtime traffic. In other words, if it's nighttime in Europe, but you want to fly like it's 0900Z, you set the RT slider to the required offset (it'll show local time as well as Zulu time) and you start getting the traffic from that time on that day. I can't recall for sure, but I think you can go back 14 days.

You can then change the time in the sim to match (or not) and the weather (or not).

Also, it will "match" whatever you have models for. And you can vary the level of matching between exact registration to any generic plane (there are eight levels of matching options).

Edited by mmcmah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

how does this number compare

There's 270+ airlines, that part was in the video 🙂

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

So, this basically means that they fly just directly from departure to destination

That appears to be the case - bar the fact they should get assigned an approach. 

Regarding cruise traffic I'm not 100% certain on the logic there, this is something I will be speaking with JF in in due course for the follow up tutorial video. However what I can say for sure is that it isn't totally random.

What are the advantages of using FS Traffic over FSLTL? 

8 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Yeah I am also interested in that, currently FSLTL is working great and is constantly releasing updates to both the models and the injector. It also is super easy to configure and run. Just Flight would need to offer something special to get me to move across. 

Anthony Milner

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Performance?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

Performance?

Yes and I'm hoping that may be the case. But FS Traffic will not be an instant buy for me until this has been confirmed.

• Like 1

I’ll be irked to say the least if they don’t have a VMR file for Vatsim model matching.

Eric 

31 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

until this has been confirmed

I did a little comparison in my video further up in this thread if you want to check that out. 

30 minutes ago, B777ER said:

a VMR file for Vatsim model matching

One is included + you're able to create your own and add to it if you want using the control centre. It's quite nice! Similar functionality to model matching magic if you've seen that. 

• Like 1

What is that JF genius guy called who did the bulk of the programming for the miracle that was Traffic Global in XP? Derek I think. A pity he went to LR. He was always on the Org and the customer service he gave was outstanding.

Can't see this being the same without him. Needs that spark of enthusiasm from some one like him and I doubt this release will have it.

Edited by jarmstro

With my current setup of a mixture of high end/ ultra settings, Fenix A320 at Iniscene Heathrow with either AIG or FSLTL traffic I get around 30 fps in the cockpit at the gate and taxing, on take off and landing it drops to around 26fps.

For me, if this can give me a performance increase where I can take off and land at any airport with at least 30fps then it’ll be worth every penny to me

• Upvote 1

Pretty much an instant purchase. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

It just released. Tempted.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2