Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Just Flight Previews FS Traffic for MSFS

48 minutes ago, Car147 said:

If it works as well on MSFS as it does on XP12 you will all be happy.

What?!  And how would you know that?  Traitor!  :laugh:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

I'm starting to think that the main issue is on Microsoft/Asobo side

This has been confirmed by both AIG and FSLTL devs. We just have to wait for Asobo to fix stuff on their end. 

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

But another eye candy AI addon? No, but thanks, I'll pass and stick with the two free ones we already have...

I'm thinking exactly the same. 

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:
  • AIG is still a pain in the bum to update
  • FSTL is missing models/liveries

Agree with nr. 1 in a way. But once you've got all the AIG models and liveries downloaded, it will complement FSLTL as the latter will pull models and liveries from the former. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I always found it weird people expect adding a real world population of AI aircraft to your sim shouldn't dramatically affect performance and that  somehow this can be avoided. It's impossible. Set your expectations lower. 

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

48 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

That must make me a traitor as well Rob, however in my defense these days I tend to fly other sims through gritted teeth.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Lol, Cures the itch for long haul, as the ground looks all the same frorm 30k.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I really think that if the power of the minds between AIG and FSLTL merged forces and if Assobo fixes the glaring AI issues and works with these two on any new feature requests, there's no need for payware. The only positive from the payware product is that it potentially may put some pressure on Microsobo to fix and implement things quicker, but tbh I would be fully content if AIG and FSLTL worked together to deliver a bad a** freeware product. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

42 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I really think that if the power of the minds between AIG and FSLTL merged forces and if Assobo fixes the glaring AI issues and works with these two on any new feature requests, there's no need for payware. The only positive from the payware product is that it potentially may put some pressure on Microsobo to fix and implement things quicker, but tbh I would be fully content if AIG and FSLTL worked together to deliver a bad a** freeware product. 

The very fact they've been advertising to fill a position for AI Programmer for several months now shows that they don't know what they're doing exactly, I won't get drawn into the debate on jobs being filled as I've been down that road before (!), but you'd think they would at least try to take on outside help to aid this process in the form of a 3rd party dev. Ok Kai has mentioned that Asobo are "working" on AI stuff in the background, that much is evident from SU11 even though they made a balls up of it (oh yeah look another regression....) so whilst they may be struggling at least they are doing something - my main worry is they pull those staff away to work on a "higher priority" item and thusly leaving AI broken (they have history of this with areas of VR left broken....).

Even if they did magically find an AI Programmer, the guy/gal has then got to sit down and learn the MSFS code, integrate themselves etc etc so it could still be months & months away before anything noteworthy is released in an update. So until that person arrives it appears it could be a band aid fix for SU12 & beyond, unless Asobo have hit the jackpot and figured it all out by themselves - we live in hope.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This has been confirmed by both AIG and FSLTL devs. We just have to wait for Asobo to fix stuff on their end. 

I'm thinking exactly the same. 

Agree with nr. 1 in a way. But once you've got all the AIG models and liveries downloaded, it will complement FSLTL as the latter will pull models and liveries from the former. 

Yeah I have both installed so I get the benefit of both. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

There's one thing that needs to be said. Finally some appropriate music with the teaser video.

For once something different to the usual bombastic action movie music style that's more appropriate to a battefield scene in Lord of the Rings or something alike.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

22 hours ago, styckx said:

I always found it weird people expect adding a real world population of AI aircraft to your sim shouldn't dramatically affect performance and that  somehow this can be avoided. It's impossible. Set your expectations lower. 

I wouldn’t say it is impossible. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 12/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, bobcat999 said:

No, I hope there will be a selection of cheese and good coffee on offer in the cockpit!

Your vision is too avant-garde. For now we just want circle shaped heads through the windshield. We are only in 2022.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

I stopped using the AIG models for for 2 reasons. 1.) the sim load time is 4X longer with them in the community folder and 2.) square strobe lights on AI aircraft. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I stopped using the AIG models for for 2 reasons. 1.) the sim load time is 4X longer with them in the community folder and 2.) square strobe lights on AI aircraft. 

I deleted all the FAIB folders, apparently FSLTL can't use them anyway. That was 20GB or so. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just Flight has put some screenshots below that show the performance at London Heathrow Airport (EGLL) comparing FS traffic to the default MSFS traffic settings.

23012507465516140518101120.jpg

23012507465616140518101121.jpg

23012507465416140518101118.jpg

23012507465516140518101119.jpg

More news https://www.facebook.com/justflight

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

They recommend everything in the traffic menu, except ground vehicles, be set to zero. Might explain some of the FPS gain. They also require you to input your destination airport, so I wonder if ground traffic will only spawn at your departure and arrival airport.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2