Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Live Traffic

Oh, gotcha.  I listen to live atc. for the airport.  FSLTL is a great program, and now that they have it packaged in a one click download and update its pretty easy.  Because I use a paid version of Real Traffic, PSXT works better for me using FSLTL base models rather than using FSLTL traffic injector.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RocketRod said:

Oh, gotcha.  I listen to live atc. for the airport.  FSLTL is a great program, and now that they have it packaged in a one click download and update its pretty easy.  Because I use a paid version of Real Traffic, PSXT works better for me using FSLTL base models rather than using FSLTL traffic injector.

I was doing the same, using FSLTL for models. Worked well that way. No right or wrong answer. Just depends on what you want to prioritize.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

15 hours ago, abranpuko said:

PSXT + Realtraffic

FSLTL and AIG also but with terrible STAR and SID. Also movements into the airport depending from MSFS are really crazy and not good. 

PSXT and Real traffic is the way to go if you want to see real movements with proper separation etc. 
 FSLTL, AIG as well as the default Real Time traffic is still controlled by the AI engine of the sim so it's  really not very good. No real separation, whatever runway the system wants to use even if it's opposite direction etc. Good for basic traffic, but an immersion killer in too many ways.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

21 minutes ago, RobJC said:

No right or wrong answer. Just depends on what you want to prioritize.

True.
For me, live AI traffic, correctly sequenced by real World controllers, with the ability to match up and listen to ATC tx as it happens, is the most immersive experience.

Having just completed a flight into KORD with all the aeroplanes in my sim doing what they are supposed to do and hearing O'Hare ATC controlling them, is just fantastic.
Definitely not an option for everyone, but a 6-month subscription to RealTraffic still attracts a decent discount and (IMHO) is a more affordable price to pay in one go.
Plus, Nico keeps improving PSXTthe stuttering AI are long gone.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

True.
For me, live AI traffic, correctly sequenced by real World controllers, with the ability to match up and listen to ATC tx as it happens, is the most immersive experience.

Having just completed a flight into KORD with all the aeroplanes in my sim doing what they are supposed to do and hearing O'Hare ATC controlling them, is just fantastic.
Definitely not an option for everyone, but a 6-month subscription to RealTraffic still attracts a decent discount and (IMHO) is a more affordable price to pay in one go.
Plus, Nico keeps improving PSXTthe stuttering AI are long gone.

I’m interested in moving from FSLTL to PSXT + real traffic as the cost seems reasonable for the better immersion. Is there a guide on how to set this up at all?

I did use AIG prior to FSLTL but never got on with it that well and have since deleted it. Presumably I don’t need to reinstall AIG to get the best out of PSXT and real traffic?

1 hour ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I’m interested in moving from FSLTL to PSXT + real traffic as the cost seems reasonable for the better immersion. Is there a guide on how to set this up at all?

I did use AIG prior to FSLTL but never got on with it that well and have since deleted it. Presumably I don’t need to reinstall AIG to get the best out of PSXT and real traffic?

All of your answers are here: https://www.lekseecon.nl/

Its the best solution given the options. You still need AIG and/or FSLTL models to really make it work but without question for me its been the most ideal solution given Asobo's continued ability to destroy internal AI traffic. I take the point of one of the above posters about the jetways not docking to the AI aircraft and I'd love to see this too but @kiek has indicated its not possible given how he injects the traffic.

Accept there's a cost to it (well not for PSXT but for RealTraffic) - but its definitely worth it in my opinion.

• Like 3

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

32 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

All of your answers are here: https://www.lekseecon.nl/

Its the best solution given the options. You still need AIG and/or FSLTL models to really make it work but without question for me its been the most ideal solution given Asobo's continued ability to destroy internal AI traffic. I take the point of one of the above posters about the jetways not docking to the AI aircraft and I'd love to see this too but @kiek has indicated its not possible given how he injects the traffic.

Accept there's a cost to it (well not for PSXT but for RealTraffic) - but its definitely worth it in my opinion.

Thank you, useful feedback.  I'll check it out...

I decided to give PSXT with RealTraffic a go. A one month subscription for RealTraffic is reasonably priced and if I like it I may extend it. 

So far it's a mixed bag for me. I understand that PSXT is constantly being improved so some quirks of the traffic injection system might be improved in the future. One problem at the moment that if you use the default setting of parked aircraft having their NAV Lights switched on that also means that their beacons are on. Even with engines off. So that was the first option I deselected.

On the ground the aircraft do not really steer around corners, they drift, which looks odd. I also think that flaps and reversers don't work, but I haven't looked closely. These are minor visual issues that might be fixed in the future. Another thing is the lack of service vehicles and the jetways not interacting with them. Does not look as nice but has one advantage in the current situation with the object limit in SimConnect. This way each aircraft does not spawn at least 3 extra objects and therefore you will not run into issues with dissappearing buildings and AI on arrival as likely as you do with any other traffic injector.

The real problem comes with the lack of ATC interaction. You can use LiveATC to listen in on the real frequencies to get some level of immersion back. But if you fly mainly in the EU this feature is mostly not available since many countries enforced a new policy about 10 years ago that makes it illegal to broadcast ATC frequencies publicly for "safety" reasons. 

I find this a ridiculous decision, but it is what it is and as a result you won't have the ability to listen to feeds in most of the EU and especially not in the busiest airspaces in Germany, France and the UK.

And I think that is something that will prevent me from using it regularly, even though I love the proper seperation, the correct taxi routes and speed of the Aircraft.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Farlis said:

I decided to give PSXT with RealTraffic a go. A one month subscription for RealTraffic is reasonably priced and if I like it I may extend it. 

So far it's a mixed bag for me. I understand that PSXT is constantly being improved so some quirks of the traffic injection system might be improved in the future. One problem at the moment that if you use the default setting of parked aircraft having their NAV Lights switched on that also means that their beacons are on. Even with engines off. So that was the first option I deselected.

On the ground the aircraft do not really steer around corners, they drift, which looks odd. I also think that flaps and reversers don't work, but I haven't looked closely. These are minor visual issues that might be fixed in the future. Another thing is the lack of service vehicles and the jetways not interacting with them. Does not look as nice but has one advantage in the current situation with the object limit in SimConnect. This way each aircraft does not spawn at least 3 extra objects and therefore you will not run into issues with dissappearing buildings and AI on arrival as likely as you do with any other traffic injector.

The real problem comes with the lack of ATC interaction. You can use LiveATC to listen in on the real frequencies to get some level of immersion back. But if you fly mainly in the EU this feature is mostly not available since many countries enforced a new policy about 10 years ago that makes it illegal to broadcast ATC frequencies publicly for "safety" reasons. 

I find this a ridiculous decision, but it is what it is and as a result you won't have the ability to listen to feeds in most of the EU and especially not in the busiest airspaces in Germany, France and the UK.

And I think that is something that will prevent me from using it regularly, even though I love the proper seperation, the correct taxi routes and speed of the Aircraft.

Yep, those are the issues. Two many drawbacks imo.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 12/21/2022 at 8:09 AM, adino said:

That is correct, after months of trying anything out there I resource to this tool and I have no regret (9 bucks a month well spend!)

I'm glad I don't have the need to pay to have live traffic.  For starters, unless I looked at actual schedules I wouldn't have a clue what's supposed to happen anyway.  Doing accurate matching of RW traffic is an entire other simulator within a simulator, and I just can't afford the processing overhead.  I'm very happy with FSLTL, controlling density such that I can retain perfect performance everywhere.  I'm delighted to see live traffic flying in the air and taxiing thru airports and it all works very well, and very plausibly, if not accurately matching real world condition.  I love the redone NAV lights on their models too a much needed improvement.  $9/month aka known as $108/year seems insane for this.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

31 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm glad I don't have the need to pay to have live traffic.  For starters, unless I looked at actual schedules I wouldn't have a clue what's supposed to happen anyway.  Doing accurate matching of RW traffic is an entire other simulator within a simulator, and I just can't afford the processing overhead.  I'm very happy with FSLTL, controlling density such that I can retain perfect performance everywhere.  I'm delighted to see live traffic flying in the air and taxiing thru airports and it all works very well, and very plausibly, if not accurately matching real world condition.  I love the redone NAV lights on their models too a much needed improvement.  $9/month aka known as $108/year seems insane for this.

Your own choice and reasons are perfectly understandable and make sense, nothing wrong with your POV, Enjoy the sim!

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

Thats correct and same reasoning for me as well..Im pretty sure Asobo will fix AI in the future but for the moment this is the closest I can get to mine Live traffic expectations..

As for the limitations findings it is correct. While some are quirks yet to be solved, most have to do with the current limitations of the sim (SDK). The NAV light option was a recent request of a real-life pilot and added by Niko as an optional option. The pilot argues with him that is international standards by almost all airliners to have their planes NAV on even when aircraft are parked with engine off to avoid ground accidents (especially in bad weather). You can follow the discusion here:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, adino said:

Your own choice and reasons are perfectly understandable and make sense, nothing wrong with your POV, Enjoy the sim!

I'm amazed there is enough market for this really. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The lack of GSE and use of jetways, some aircraft skidding/slewing around turns etc are all just a minor inconvenience in my eyes compared to the incorrect parking, total incorrect use of runways (using both ends, or those not used for arrivals or departures etc), no proper separation etc, the go arounds, just the overall absurdity of watching traffic operate around the airport.
 With PSXT, not being able to use the garbage ATC is no loss as it doesn't really know what it's doing as it is. The default phraseology is also pretty horrendous. The fact that the default ATC waits for an arrival to clear the runway before lining up the next departure right there is ridiculous. I don't pay attention to schedules in the slightest, but I do want to see who should be at each of my airports. Seeing De-ice ques, aircraft waiting for gates or ground crew, proper startup times with proper pushbacks is also a big plus for me.
 It just comes down to what expectations we all have.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

On the ground the aircraft do not really steer around corners, they drift,

Not always. It seems to depend on airport/data stream quality. Happens a bit too often, which is why Nico said he would take a look into this.

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I'm amazed there is enough market for this really. 

When you see the landing lights of 3 - 4 AI aircraft perfectly sequenced, airliners stacked in a holding pattern, diverted around a weather cell, or following the Canarsie approach into JFK, these factors make the foibles of RT+PSXT forgivable and worth paying for.

I fully understand why this combination isn't for everyone. Yet for me, the two programs manage to achieve a lot of things the base AI engine or other external apps using the internal traffic engine won't be able to do for a very, very long time.

For everyone's sake, I hope Asobo amends the AI engine to do all the basics that we expect. But right now, my traffic experience is unbeatable.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter