Sign in to follow this  
flyingpauls

Xmas Update?

I started MSFS today, and it is completely reset to default values after the update. I was able to turn off all "assistance" and tooltips. I also got my keyboard and joystick settings back, because I had copied them to an own profile. Language is also English again. Probably, a lot of other things are different now.

Why are they doing this to me?

Edited by flyingpauls

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

1 hour ago, flyingpauls said:

I started MSFS today, and it is completely reset to default values after the update. I was able to turn off all "assistance" and tooltips. I also got my keyboard and joystick settings back, because I had copied them to an own profile. Language is also English again. Probably, a lot of other things are different now.

At the gate now at LFPG, and no update this morning.  Curious:  Store, or Steam?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Not started it since before SU11?

No Idea, but its definitely targeted at just you and not something that loads of people might have experienced, count yourself lucky and revel in your exclusive victim-hood

Edited by Pathfinder633

What update is this?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I had no update today, and I think it is highly unlikely the Asobo team would push an update right over the holidays. By all accounts, they are now rotating staff out on vacation. Likely there is something else going on here.

Dan Scott

Nothing at all here

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

3 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

Hey Pauls

There was no update. So you got an earlier one. How big was it ? 

Chances are you did it to you without any help from MS . It sounds you have an unusual tweaked installation which fooled MSFS in resetting all the parameters.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I had a mandatory update yesterday late morning.  Also reset all of my settings and control profiles which was annoying.  I'm running the beta so I wonder if that's why some got it and some didn't.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

1. Ez way to figure this out is to go into your Official folder, sort by date and see what, if anything, got updated today. Then check the Community folder for any Navdata update.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

I got a popup asking me whether I wanted to use the online or local copy of my profile. Also, when buying through the marketplace, it could not check my personal pin code.
Went fine the second time.

Something is not right on the serverside of things.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

My settings got reset also. So it wasn't just you lol. 

On Steam here. Nothing updated, but all my "Assistance" settings were turned On. Had to reset them to my liking. Weirdness on Boxing Day. 😉

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Ok, I've spent all day setting up my new Hotas for the first time (yes, Christmas present from my wife). If that all gets reset the next time I start MSFS I will not be at all happy. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Ok, I've spent all day setting up my new Hotas for the first time (yes, Christmas present from my wife). If that all gets reset the next time I start MSFS I will not be at all happy. 

Save the settings as a new profile!

• Like 1

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.