Sign in to follow this  
btacon

AAU1 release-notes-1-30-9-0-aau-1-january-4th

Well, we all had the same choice.  At launch, Microsoft said that buying the premium pack initially would be the best value, and they were right.  There is also much more to come yet from these AAU's.  

I remember there was some degree of ridicule directed at those paying double the price for the premium pack, but I have always been happy with the extra value it delivers for the price, even before these upgrades.

Funny thing is, some people were prepared to pay $200 for P3D.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, I look forward to the other two AAU's this year.  I wonder what other Aircraft they will choose to upgrade.  Maybe the B747 and B787?  Some non-premuim content upgrades would be good to keep the poor, old 'basic' users happy.  :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Maybe the B747 and B787?

I believe that I read somewhere that the Working Title geniuses were going to enhance the 787 at some point this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farlis said:

That was the most prudent approach as the initial price was much lower. I only got the Deluxe Version and I'm shocked by the update pricing policy of Microsoft.

And on top of that it has not been on any sale once. No Blackfriday, no Christmas Sale. It just remains at 89.99

But I really only want the Longitute from that package and nothing else.

You can find it cheaper on websites like cdkeys.com. I bought the upgrade from Deluxe to Premium Deluxe there for cheaper than MS offered it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

I believe that I read somewhere that the Working Title geniuses were going to enhance the 787 at some point this year. 

I believe they said both as well. Don't see anything in the last Q&A tho

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, rka said:

I thought of buying Premium Deluxe as a bit of a gamble, but one with a good chance of success, and it seems to have worked quite nicely 👌

I'm reeeeally interested in the 787, I just hope this will get good as well.

The 787 needs some love! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

13 minutes ago, RobJC said:

The 787 needs some love! 

Agreed. I’ve got probably well over 1000 hours in the Quality Wings 787 for P3d. Would like to see that level of functionality at the least. Love that bird!

• Like 1

Anyone having an issue with extra liveries not loading into the sim with this upgrade?  The Longitude seems to be working fine, but it only has the default livery and the default Asobo ones.  Nothing from .to seems to load.  I've tried with and without Addon Manager, nothing.

I figured the extra cost of the premium deluxe version would pale in comparison to what I would subsequently spend on addons (I was right) so I went for it and have never regretted it.  I've learned over the years that typically for me not getting the top end will make me want the top ebd later so I've learned to just go for it when possible.

It's like I once bought a VW Golf GTI when I kinda wanted the Golf R.  I rationalized it as a prudent financial decision.  Three years later I bought the R, paying more overall than I would of had I bought the R in the first place.

Ultimately for those who made a different decision it's up to them whether they want to now shell out the extra to get some great aircraft (plus everything else you get with the higher versions).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

44 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I figured the extra cost of the premium deluxe version would pale in comparison to what I would subsequently spend on addons (I was right) so I went for it and have never regretted it.  I've learned over the years that typically for me not getting the top end will make me want the top ebd later so I've learned to just go for it when possible.

It's like I once bought a VW Golf GTI when I kinda wanted the Golf R.  I rationalized it as a prudent financial decision.  Three years later I bought the R, paying more overall than I would of had I bought the R in the first place.

Ultimately for those who made a different decision it's up to them whether they want to now shell out the extra to get some great aircraft (plus everything else you get with the higher versions).

Hey I own a Golf R as well.  We may be the only flight sim people that have R's.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Such a great car!  Like a powerful sports car that I can still put my skis and golf clubs in.  

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

No regrets on the Premium Deluxe package.

The highlights for me are:

• the steam 172 is the best of the default 172
  • the Baron is wonderful, just wish it had a steam variant but regardless it is great
  • the Pipistrel Virus is a hidden gem, great scenic tourer
  • the Longitude is a great alternative to the CRJ
  • The Cirrus is a must have

• Like 3

That list fills out most of the reasons I bought the premium deluxe too.  

Dave

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

No regrets on the Premium Deluxe package.

The highlights for me are:

• the Baron is wonderful, just wish it had a steam variant but regardless it is great
  • the Pipistrel Virus is a hidden gem, great scenic tourer
  • the Longitude is a great alternative to the CRJ
  • The Cirrus is a must have

This is what keeps me looking fwd into a promotional upgrade price...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Those are both Premium Edition Aircraft, not Premium Deluxe.

The marketing is confusing but "Premium Deluxe" includes both the five from the Deluxe upgrade and the five extra from Premium Deluxe.

If you buy Premium Deluxe you get all 10 extra aircraft.