Sign in to follow this  
nas123

4 issues still not fixed 2.5 years into MSFS lifespan

Didn't mean to be condecending, but sometimes its just tiresome to hear that "its your computer" whenever people have issues, and never ever anything to do with MSFS itself:p.

But, Im always open for suggestions, and as someone above mentioned, it May be that my USB port have the save power setting, and just checked, indeed they was. So turned it off, fingers crossed that CTD will be history and maybe even my buttkicker will not disconnect anymore.... 

And, I dont regret, posting what I did, because, my condecending attitude got someone to reply, that actually can solve my issues:D

So sorry if I offended anyone here, and thanks:) 

• Like 1

Main issue for is objects popping in, in front of my eyes, especially in airports. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, micstatic said:

hate to say it.  But on your end for sure.  One thing MSFS is known for is stability.  In fact CTD's are rare.  very rare.  

Quick to jump to that conclusion… the MSFS forums say otherwise.

I’m not going to sit here typing a wall of text of all the things I’ve done such as new install of windows, msfs and cleared add-ons etc, but my pc, nor windows has changed, apart from windows updates and msfs updates.

2 hours ago, Brocky120 said:

Nonsense. A misinterpretation of what one is seeing. This and there are some of a few places (and I literally mean few) where you are ever going to find people complaining about CTD's. It's one of the few places where people think they may get help. Consequently you will see a disproportionate amount of complaints about problems compared to the general user base and yet, despite that there are actually still very few.

Imagine all the millions of people that are now not here complaining compared to the fraction of members here that are because it's working perfectly fine for them.

It's very stable.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

26 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Nonsense. A misinterpretation of what one is seeing. This is one of a few places (and I literally mean few) where you are ever going to find people complaining about CTD's. It's one of the few places where people think they may get help. Consequently you will see a disproportionate amount of complaints about problems compared to the general user base and yet, despite that there are actually still very few.

Imagine all the millions of people that are now not here complaining compared to the fraction of members here that are because it's working perfectly fine for them.

It's very stable.

Spot on.

Those who don't have any issues don't come here to say so.

In fact, Im one of those. I fly regularly and I just dont remember the last time I got a ctd. More than a year ago, that's for sure.

Juan Ramos

21 minutes ago, xender said:

Those who don't have any issues don't come here to say so.

Well, I'm happy to report that I've had no more than a handful of CTDs over the course of the 2+ years I've been using MSFS.

At any rate, and as others have said, the cause of a CTD is usually the person sitting in front of the PC.

3 hours ago, Brocky120 said:

I’m not going to sit here typing a wall of text of all the things I’ve done such as new install of windows, msfs and cleared add-ons etc, but my pc, nor windows has changed, apart from windows updates and msfs updates.

people with crashes are still in the minority.

This subforum usually lights up with threads from people complaining about crashes when it happens to a lot of people.

Edited by Tuskin38

On 1/17/2023 at 6:39 AM, Tuskin38 said:

people with crashes are still in the minority

You need to step away from AVSIM if you want to see the issues the majority have.  Don't get why so many want to ignore the bad ratings for MSFS and keep sweeping a long list of validated issues under the rug ... how is that helpful to anyone and yourself? 

Not wanting to hear something because you don't like the truth ... hmmm ... where have I heard that before ... oh yeah ... 

MSFS CTD joystick disconnect thread

A google search on "MSFS CTD joystick" and you'll find pages and pages and pages of people having this problem and it's not "their fault".

You folks do know when you ignore, derail, denegate, and subvert, valid issues it's like shooting yourself in foot ... maybe self punish is a thing here, who knows?  But for some of us who do care and want this issues fixed, we report them ... again and again and again ... why?  Because we do care that's why we post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

But for some of us who do care and want this issues fixed, we report them ... again and again and again ... why?  Because we do care that's why we post.

...and then they still don't get fixed and the threads get closed, zendesk tickets ignored and weak excuses made on Q&As......aaaaahhhh games development!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)