Sign in to follow this  
alanrco

Not happy about topic closure...( Corsair)

Just now, MattNischan said:

Jorg dislikes war, and doesn't see any good or benefit coming from displaying or glorifying weapons in what is supposed to be something garnering the childlike awe of flying through the skies. And that's the full long and short of it.

If that offends someone's strange perception of strength and free speech, so be it, but I think he's right.

Well, isn't that strange, I would glorify anyday Spitfire and Corsair and Mustang and B-17 and B-29 and so on and so forth. Without them, the engineers who designed them and the brave souls aboard, many of of us wouldn't be here today to have this discussion.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

For goodness sake, what a ridiculous thread.

This isn't a Marketplace issue, it's not even a Miicrosoft issue...  it's a ratings board issue!   This is like complaining about not allowing nudity in a PG rated movie.  Those are the rules for getting the required rating... deal with it.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

I am surprised and somewhat in awe because I wasn't aware that design decisions taken by Microsoft are leading us on the dangerous slope to totalitarianism. Real Freedom(TM) can only be preserved if weapons and naked people are included in this game. Everything else is communism. I want to thank OP for this valuable lesson.

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 7

Just now, The Moose said:

For goodness sake, what a ridiculous thread.

This isn't a Marketplace issue, it's not even a Miicrosoft issue...  it's a ratings board issue!   This is like complaining about not allowing nudity in a PG rated movie.  Those are the rules for getting the required rating... deal with it.

You're so right 😄. You start by allowing guns in a sim and, at the end of the road, we will have Snowwhite smoking weed with the 7 dwarves

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

Jorg dislikes war, and doesn't see any good or benefit coming from displaying or glorifying weapons in what is supposed to be something garnering the childlike awe of flying through the skies. And that's the full long and short of it.

If that offends someone's strange perception of strength and free speech, so be it, but I think he's right.

And I'd bet my bottom dollar he doesn't like climate change either. Yet he's happy to promote aviation and the burning of fossil fuels which, we are told, is going to kill use all. Or at least more people than any war man has ever conducted. And I expect that he agrees with our support for Ukraine. Group think.  Give me a break!😂😂

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

And the 90% default female pilots? No chance to choose without entering in config, and I don't see blondes avatars. MSFS is now woke, that's all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

I wish Asobo & Microsoft would consider using the MSFS engine and making a Combat Flight Simulator, like Microsoft has done in the past. I would love for a modern Combat Flight Simulator with the entire world rendered with satellite & photogrammetry like you have now in MSFS. If the MSFS team could figure out how the 3D buildings rendered by Blackshark AI, and the photogrammetry buildings, could be blown apart when a missile or bomb hits it, that would probably be the major technical hurdle.

My gripe with DCS World is that you don't get the entire world in satellite & photogrammetry, and you also have to pay for each region as an add-on.  For that reason, I would love a Combat Flight Simulator from Microsoft, using the MSFS engine.

The Combat Flight Simulator could have an entirely different rating than MSFS, and it could be a separate product, so that MSFS's rating is not affected.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Please stop using "woke" to express white/conservative victimhood...I am fairly sure you don't even know what it means, that's all.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

WOKE sensorship? I"m latin, no chance to "white" victimhood.

Edited by edzunu

I asked you, I have already been "censored" by mods in this thread, I will deal with it. Do what you want I simply asked...

Edited by Target71

2 minutes ago, edzunu said:

sensorship?

Enough said 😁

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

3 minutes ago, Target71 said:

Please stop using "woke" to express white/conservative victimhood...I am fairly sure you don't even know what it means, that's all.

But you have defined it perfectly. I am a victim of woke.

3 minutes ago, Target71 said:

White victimhood? Care to elaborate on that?

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

It's not like there isn't a workaround for this - Buy those specific addons outside of the marketplace. Its really not that big of a deal and we didn't need another thread over it. 

That's probably the best solution to the issue.

That said (speaking as someone who doesn't fly warbirds) I don't see the issue with having non-functional weapons showing in static or flying aircraft. After all that's how they would appear in a museum.

Makes me wonder if the Halo dropship was armed (?)..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron