Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

The last and only time I used FST after the patch was a flight between GCLP and LPMA with default settings.

At GCLP the airport was full of planes and some started to depart, but no landings. Enroute to LPMA was the wierd stuff. There were about

15 Binter ATR's crossing my route or coming towards me. At LPMA there was only one lonely EASY A320 at the apron.

But the biggest nogo for me is the stupid spelling issue of the callsigns on ground and the lack of ATC communication enroute.

You only knew that there are other planes around you if you use something like LittleNavMap as a moving map.

At the moment it is my worst invested money in an addon.

• Like 4

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

I am see traffic during cruise now, visible by the contrails, by my navigation display, and by Littlenavmap. In Littlenavmap the route for all these cruise flights always says it's between two airports in Europe (can't recall the exact ICAO codes at the moment), even though I'm always flying in the U.S., but they are flying near me, parallel to my route, so I'm happy with that.

• Like 1

I think they can't beat FSLTL at the moment and using FST models with FSLTL what can be done after the last FSLTL update is one of the best solution we have right now..

cheers 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, pmplayer said:

they can't beat FSLTL at the moment

They can and do beat FSLTL for what I often do, which is fly out of a smaller regional airport that has no traffic when I'm online at night, but flying a daytime route. Maybe that isn't a common need, but it works great in this case.

• Like 2

Does the interaction of MSFS live traffic and FST works OK ?

Which is the difference of enabling Live Real World traffic and Real traffic online and not  ?

23 hours ago, ParadiseFlight said:

They can and do beat FSLTL for what I often do, which is fly out of a smaller regional airport that has no traffic when I'm online at night, but flying a daytime route. Maybe that isn't a common need, but it works great in this case.

For me believable traffic is more important than realtime traffic so I kinda agree with you there. However, FS Traffic has too few liveries for regional airlines so on these airports there is often not much going on. That will hopefully change but at the moment I get better results with FSLTL than with FS Traffic. Where FS Traffic could really make a difference is in believable GA traffic.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

FS Traffic has too few liveries for regional airlines so on these airports

Well again it all depends where you fly. It has all the liveries for my regional airport in the U.S.

I do agree it will be great to see GA added at some point, which my airport has a lot of and would greatly add to the realism of it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ParadiseFlight said:

It has all the liveries for my regional airport in the U.S.

In a very simplistic way yes. FST includes basic regional liveries for the American majors but NONE of those airlines actually operate those types.

American, Delta and United for instance, each has 3-4 smaller airlines contracted (often the same airlines operating for all three majors as well as others) to operate their entire regional networks. They all have their own fleet and callsign etc. Flying around NA and not hearing or seeing Skywest, Envoy, Air Shuttle, Brickyard, Endeavor, BlueStreak, Horizon, or Jazz etc is a big disappointment as their combined fleets represent maybe around  15-25+% of the airline traffic in NA.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 2/12/2023 at 7:46 PM, Dave_YVR said:

In a very simplistic way yes. FST includes basic regional liveries for the American majors but NONE of those airlines actually operate those types.

American, Delta and United for instance, each has 3-4 smaller airlines contracted (often the same airlines operating for all three majors as well as others) to operate their entire regional networks. They all have their own fleet and callsign etc. Flying around NA and not hearing or seeing Skywest, Envoy, Air Shuttle, Brickyard, Endeavor, BlueStreak, Horizon, or Jazz etc is a big disappointment as their combined fleets represent maybe around  15-25+% of the airline traffic in NA.

This is a result of the schedule data that we use, unfortunately it lists the regionals under the same code as the Majors. Something we'd like to do in future is much more manual processing of this data so that we can separate the regional carriers and include the correct callsign. In the meantime I'll set up a bug report in our system to remind us of this.

• Like 1

Hello all, I just want to keep you in the loop of where we are with the next update for FS Traffic. 

The initial plan was release today however we need the weekend to track down a bug and be sure the software is as stable as possible. Release should be early next week now.

An important update is that we have changed the parameters have to be met for destination traffic to be compiled. This is now set to 1000ft/60knots/5mins. This means you will see destination traffic even if you’re flying low and slow.

The code which handles the time detection has been re done meaning that you will now consistently see the correct departure and arrivals at both your departure and destination airport. Callsigns for departure traffic will now be read out correctly, a shoutout to Whakamolenz from FSLTL who advised on this.

The changelog is as follows but may be subject to change:

Module: Departures now using correct callsign callouts
Module: Destination airport detection revisions
Module: New system for handling departures
Module: Additional cruise AI scenarios added, plus increased randomness
Module: Additional airports added to database
Module: SF3 added to aircraft database
Module: Remove traffic/Regenerate traffic system improvements
Module: Bug when switching to an airport with no scheduled arrivals - fixed
TCC: VMR template exporting/importing bug
TCC: Right clicking headers in the TCC would cause a crash - fixed
TCC: Localisation issue fixed
Misc: In-sim menu not showing ICAO code when reopened during flight - fixed
Fleet: Added Cebu (CEB) Pacific A320, 320_SL and A320_NEO, A321_SL, A321 NEO, a330-300, ATR72
Fleet: Added Air China 747-400
Fleet: Added Air New Zealand 777-300ER
Fleet: Added Asiana 747-400
Fleet: Added Aurigny E195,ATR72
Fleet: Added Iraqi 747-400
Fleet: Added REX 737-800
Fleet: Added Singapore 777-300ER
Fleet: Added Smart wings 737-800
Fleet: Added missing A320NEO textures. AVA, QDA,SKU,LAN,IBE
Fleet: Colour matched BA fleet
Fleet: Rebuilt Aircraft.CFG's to correct some callsigns
Fleet: Updated wheel anim code
Fleet: Added bogie tilt to A330-200/A330-300/747-400/747-8/787-8/787-9

Beyond this we will continue to make improvements and will be working with our livery artists to prepare the free model pack which will be included in a later fleet update. 

John - Just Flight

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

thank u, lot of potential here!  I  have it.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I hope the constant touch and goes get fixed. Plus there is no activity at the airport (all planes parked at gates) for 10 minutes. When i load an airport i should see planes landing, taxiing, departing and pushing back. Right now i only see planes at gates, no taxiing, no departures at runways. The airport needs to wake up first, which is unrealistic.  

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

its says in the manual might take 10 minutes to get some action, with loading, of takeoffs, and landings.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

50 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

its says in the manual might take 10 minutes to get some action, with loading, of takeoffs, and landings.

yep plus  have  to look  at  the  time  schedule  at  the  airport  your  at as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg