Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Btw : here I only use the FsTraffic planes so perhaps I do not need to install the Exe file. The planes exist already + fleet update Exe.

I will be using the planes with PSXT Live Traffic.

Let me know how that goes and what you think of the models please.  This is what I was going to do as well.

Dave

After looking at the reviews and complaints, I just can't see any situation where FS Traffic isn't a waste of $40.

I see people reporting better performance than FSLTL. This is simply because FS Traffic injects less traffic. It may even they use more optimized models, but the performance gain is mainly because of that. And restricting traffic only to origin and destination airport is laughable. Needless to say about the complete absence of traffic at cruising altitude.

If you're having performance issues with FSLTL, you could spend a few minutes tweaking the settings to limit the amount of traffic rather than paying $40 for an addon to do it for you.

FS Traffic has severe limitations compared to free addons and these limitations for me, don't compensate for the performance gain compared to others. And as the limitations were not enough, the bugs are worrying. People who bought it on release day to date haven't seen any traffic so far despite multiple attempts to fix it. Possible incompatibility with GSX, which is perhaps one of the most popular MSFS addons and considered essential for many people...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tubbsds1 said:

Let me know how that goes and what you think of the models please.  This is what I was going to do as well.

Dave

I put all 4 folders outside MSFS and added them to Addons Linker.

For PSXT you only need the Fleet folder.

I now use FsTraffic ac as livery 0 and AIG as livery 1.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

To each his own opinion. 😉

It's pretty amazing to read so many negative reviews as soon as a new product hits the market.
It was exactly the same when GSX came out.

Today everyone agrees to say that GSX is a must-have and tomorrow, the same complainers will say that FS Traffic is brilliant.

Personally, although I was very grateful to have great freeware, I was tired of losing 10 to 15 fps with FSLTL or checking every 10 minutes that the injector hadn't bugged with AIG.
That's why I decided to pay for a reliable and simple AI program, and I'm 100% satisfied with FS Traffic.
It works perfectly with GSX if you take the time to read the manual, aircraft models are great, sounds and effects are very good, and my departure and arrival airports are full of planes, as is the sky at cruising altitude.
What else could you ask for, especially when the performance is excellent?
Of course there are some early bugs and they will no doubt be fixed by Just Flight later on.

Now I can say without hesitation that contrary to some claims, FS Traffic performance vs freeware tools has nothing to do with the number of planes injected.
Here is KPDX.
Not bad, huh?

spacer.png

• Like 5

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

39 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Today everyone agrees to say that GSX is a must-have

No, not everyone ...

• Like 5

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

Yes not everyone, i am not using it and never will, by the way..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I seem to have it a real issue today with FS-Traffic. I get no aircraft at all. at any airport. Un-installed it after trying to regenerate the aircraft, anyone have any idea's? It worked fine yesterday. No changes to the PC since . PC specs below. FSTL still works fine when i tried that seperatly.

Cheer's

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, madman320 said:

After looking at the reviews and complaints, I just can't see any situation where FS Traffic isn't a waste of $40.

I see people reporting better performance than FSLTL. This is simply because FS Traffic injects less traffic. It may even they use more optimized models, but the performance gain is mainly because of that. And restricting traffic only to origin and destination airport is laughable. Needless to say about the complete absence of traffic at cruising altitude.

If you're having performance issues with FSLTL, you could spend a few minutes tweaking the settings to limit the amount of traffic rather than paying $40 for an addon to do it for you.

FS Traffic has severe limitations compared to free addons and these limitations for me, don't compensate for the performance gain compared to others. And as the limitations were not enough, the bugs are worrying. People who bought it on release day to date haven't seen any traffic so far despite multiple attempts to fix it. Possible incompatibility with GSX, which is perhaps one of the most popular MSFS addons and considered essential for many people...

No with the same amount of aircraft FS traffic has better FPS

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

So you definitely think these models are good enough to add to our PSXT fleet?  I noticed they have an ERJ145 which the other two do not have.

15 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I seem to have it a real issue today with FS-Traffic. I get no aircraft at all. at any airport. Un-installed it after trying to regenerate the aircraft, anyone have any idea's? It worked fine yesterday. No changes to the PC since . PC specs below. FSTL still works fine when i tried that seperatly.

Cheer's

Same problem! Except that i have traffic in some airports but in some where i have none. I made a flight yesterday KMSY to KRSQ, there was traffic on the ground, all the planes took off but not one plane that landed at this airport. Once in flight i only crossed 1 plane and few planes during my cruise flight. Arriving at KRSQ there was traffic but no traffic on the taxiways...

• Like 3

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

8 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

Same problem! Except that i have traffic in some airports but in some where i have none. I made a flight yesterday KMSY to KRSQ, there was traffic on the ground, all the planes took off but not one plane that landed at this airport. Once in flight i only crossed 1 plane and few planes during my cruise flight. Arriving at KRSQ there was traffic but no traffic on the taxiways...

Saw similar things like you buddy, something goeing on with this Add, to bad, the planes are looking superb but what's the use if the add doesn't work properly.. But I think after some updates it will be a cool addon..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Did you test if using FsTraffic models with PSXT improves performance compared to using AIG models?

Edited by RALF9636

12 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Saw similar things like you buddy, something goeing on with this Add, to bad, the planes are looking superb but what's the use if the add doesn't work properly.. But I think after some updates it will be a cool addon..

cheers 😉

I'm coming back to FSLTL buddy. And will wait for some updates and i'll come back to FS Traffic when it's good! 😉 

• Like 3

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

2 hours ago, madman320 said:

It sounds like you do not want to buy FS traffic and you want very one else to not buy it as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska738 said:

I'm coming back to FSLTL buddy. And will wait for some updates and i'll come back to FS Traffic when it's good! 😉 

Same to me, lucky at the moment with FSLTL !

Missing the plane traffic in the skies like you see it in FSLTL..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

spacer.png