Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

17 hours ago, pmb said:

All agreed - as long as you don't want to fly in your own part of the World at night. FSLTL lacks the time shift feature. PSXSeecontraffic (more precisely Real Traffic Pro) does have this, but granted, at a steep subscription cost.

I was urgently loking forward to FSTraffic, but based on these 31 pages I decided to stay with PSXSeecontraffic for now. Even more as this one excels after the former stutters are gone. Plus, I can run it networked, taking a bit of burden from the poor main machine CPU.

Kind regards, Michael

I guess that's just an issue they might tend to later on. Especially that it uses "real" time traffic. I often fly where it is in real time but I see your point.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

16 hours ago, Tierborn said:

1. The market requires a traffic program.  This is why you have freeware and payware options.

2. Most never found previous traffic programs very annoying,.

1. We already know this.  Maybe I didn't clarify enough? They are charging 40 dollars for something that a few freeware programs do. Hence my comment that maybe they didn't read the market correctly and charging that amount of money when most of their competition is freeware and doing fairly better as of now.

2. That is your opinion. I had a few traffic programs in other sims and I found them cumbersome to install, deal with, inject traffic without crashing. FSLTL doesn't do that. Not perfect but free and it works every time I've used it as opposed to WorldTraffic in XP especially in its earlier years. AIG is not really difficult if you take your time and realize you're getting several hundreds of liveries from all over the place and different servers/sites etc.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

The key here is that FSLTL has implemented live traffic through API to FR24. There are limitations here of course  especially if  you wanted something different than what's happening real time. For example,  some places in the world don't have much night traffic and you might have to wait a week before a single airliner turned up so maybe you need something like AIG or FS Traffic to inject some 'representative' traffic into otherwise empty sky's. Others might want to fly historic routes with historic aircraft/liveries and an ability to input custom flight plans and models is something not possible (I don't think) in FSLTL. 

But FSLTL's live implementation has lot of benefits especially around busy or even moderate traffic airports and airways. You may not see all the traffic, but you do see a fair representation of real traffic travelling in any direction and at any altitude if it's any where near you. So even crossed flight paths would be a possibility in Europe and the North America although I can't say I have seen them, not flying in that area. I don't think this is possible in FST since it is only going one way, ie on the same or reciprocal track as the user?    

The interesting thing I believe is that AIG and FST are using historic flight plans that might be roughly the same as today if schedules and carriers haven't changed but also might be vastly different to what is happening in the real world. I mean already Flybe has to be cut, again! This is what we experienced in FSX and I guess other sims too. I mean we often talked about how great it would be to see live traffic but we were just satisfied we could see a fair representation of any AI traffic. And then, MSFS hit the street with the promise of live traffic. Woo hooh!  But what an utter failure that was/is both in terms of AI behaviour and the pointy models and the very poor implementation so that very few actual live flights turned up.  It's like their marketing team didn't get the memo from the developers that said they were never doing this, so don't bother telling everyone we are! 

So for those of us who love live traffic (and I know that's not everybody) FSLTL cleans the floor. I order a lot of car parts from Rock Auto in the states to keep my old cars going. The stuff comes in once a week on a FedEx MD-11 or B777, flight FX 75 from PHNL to NZAA.  I just sit and watch it come in on MSFS, correctly park and then depart again to YSSY about four hours later. I know I'll have my parts on Monday. Truly a simulation of reality. 

But all that said, it's probably unfair to compare FST with FSLTL because they are completely different sources of data with consequently different outcomes. So the comparison of FST has to be more with AIG. In this respect it seems AIG has a much larger number of models and flight plans and includes cargo models and associated plans too. Either program might suit some but not others. AIG's models are not as pretty as FST's for example and for those with lower performance FST offers better frame rates. However, FST's omission of liveries, Boeing models like the B767 and cargo operations when this is all available in freeware AIG, seems a travesty and well below what would be expected from payware developers who must be held to higher standard. Yes they say they will be offering free updates but when? How long do we have to wait to find the new additional livery package holds only 50 new liveries but they'll put another update out ..........   You know how the rest of this goes.  On the other hand criticism of buggy software is probably not warranted. This can be expected with any software regardless of cost. Some of it is down to users of GSX or perhaps conflicts with the likes of Flight Control Replay. I'm sure JF will fix what is theirs and users will learn how to properly configure FST, GSX as others already have.  

Sorry for the long rant. I've learnt everything I know from RSR  🤣.      

• Like 6

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

While the concept of FS Traffic is promising it simply has too few liveries to replace FSLTL or AIG. That's why I use FSLTL and FS Traffic simultaneously. It may sound cynical but this combination doesn't impact my framerates since there are so few FS Traffic aircraft around me that the impact is negligible. Using Little Navmap, I can see dozens of aircraft around my but just one or two are from FS Traffic.

Currently I fly mostly to domestic and regional airports which probably explains why I am seeing so few FS Traffic aircraft. I am sure it is not so bad on large hubs but I hardlly fly there.
If you mostly fly to domestic and regional airports you'll be lucky to come across any AI aircraft unless it gets visited by a major airline once in a while. FS Traffic has flightplans for most of them but it is lacking the liveries.

When you do see FS Traffic aircraft they look very good with little impact to FPS so I think/hope that in time it can be a great addon. IMO, what it needs most now is much much more liveries and perhaps a few more models for aircraft that are being used by domestic airlines. I hope that in time, believable GA traffic will also be added.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

On 1/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, GSalden said:

You can choose between 2019-2021-2022 if I am correct.

2019 was in the pandemic, there don't be much traffic. 

How do they differentciate between summer and winter? 

Some of the traffic will be nearly 4 years old.?? 

For example are there a ton of 747s at Heathrow and no 350s??? 

14ppkc-6.png

The beauty of FST is the installation is much easier than AIG. Many who don't want to or don't have the comfort with trying to get AIG up and running will find FST a breeze. I had AIG, but stopped using it a couple months ago because it started crashing and couldn't resolve that even with the developer's input. FST should get better as it fixes the early bugs, and as Asobo fixes their internal AI traffic logic that all these injectors rely on.

Edited by ParadiseFlight

9 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

While the concept of FS Traffic is promising it simply has too few liveries to replace FSLTL or AIG. That's why I use FSLTL and FS Traffic simultaneously. It may sound cynical but this combination doesn't impact my framerates since there are so few FS Traffic aircraft around me that the impact is negligible. Using Little Navmap, I can see dozens of aircraft around my but just one or two are from FS Traffic.

Currently I fly mostly to domestic and regional airports which probably explains why I am seeing so few FS Traffic aircraft. I am sure it is not so bad on large hubs but I hardlly fly there.
If you mostly fly to domestic and regional airports you'll be lucky to come across any AI aircraft unless it gets visited by a major airline once in a while. FS Traffic has flightplans for most of them but it is lacking the liveries.

When you do see FS Traffic aircraft they look very good with little impact to FPS so I think/hope that in time it can be a great addon. IMO, what it needs most now is much much more liveries and perhaps a few more models for aircraft that are being used by domestic airlines. I hope that in time, believable GA traffic will also be added.

Ok so just drop the FS Traffic aircraft/livery folder into community folder alone and FSLTL will automatically pick up the liveries?

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, ParadiseFlight said:

Only 2022 is currently available.

So summer 2022? Or Winter 2022 (which is now) 

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Ok so just drop the FS Traffic aircraft/livery folder into community folder alone and FSLTL will automatically pick up the liveries?

I do not think it works that way, FSLTL has to put that FS Traffic stuff some how in there code for get it to work, i read somewhere around, but if that gets done i dont know because FST is payware and you have to ask Justflight for their permission, so not that easy i would think..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Nope. Or rather, I am not sure but I doubt it.
FSLTL will probably use its own models and liveries first and only uses other models/liveries if it doesn't have them itself. Since FSLTL as a much broader range of liveries it will probably never use FS Traffic models. It will use those of AIG since AIG has an even bigger range of liveries and models.

The way I have set it up both FS Traffic and FSLTL are injecting traffic into the sim. I was expecting chaos but it seems they don't clash much. That's partly because FS Traffic has a much smaller amount of liveries so most flights are ignored. I assume that on large hubs like KLAX and EGLL some duplicates might happen with the main airlines.

Ideally, only one program should be injecting traffic and if I had to choose right now I would choose FSLTL since with FS Traffic my skies would be mostly empty, at least where I fly mostly currently. Even in Greece I see hardly any FS Traffic aircraft in the sky. It's probably better around major hubs. I could try to use FS Traffic to inject the FSLTL liveries but that's a lot of work and I am expecting Justflight will keep expanding FS Traffic. In only purchased FS Traffic in the hope it will have more liveries, models and utlimately GA traffic as well.

The FSLTL models are not as pretty and less optimised as those in FS Traffic but considering its free and has a wider range of models it's currently the better product. AIG, which uses even older models and liveries, isn't too bad either. It's a shame their traffic injectors are not more stable and the models aren't as optimised for MSFS but its because of that legacy of models and liveries they can support so many of them.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

11 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Nope. Or rather, I am not sure but I doubt it.
FSLTL will probably use its own models and liveries first and only uses other models/liveries if it doesn't have them itself. Since FSLTL as a much broader range of liveries it will probably never use FS Traffic models. It will use those of AIG since AIG has an even bigger range of liveries and models.

The way I have set it up both FS Traffic and FSLTL are injecting traffic into the sim. I was expecting chaos but it seems they don't clash much. That's partly because FS Traffic has a much smaller amount of liveries so most flights are ignored. I assume that on large hubs like KLAX and EGLL some duplicates might happen with the main airlines.

Ideally, only one program should be injecting traffic and if I had to choose right now I would choose FSLTL since with FS Traffic my skies would be mostly empty, at least where I fly mostly currently. Even in Greece I see hardly any FS Traffic aircraft in the sky. It's probably better around major hubs. I could try to use FS Traffic to inject the FSLTL liveries but that's a lot of work and I am expecting Justflight will keep expanding FS Traffic. In only purchased FS Traffic in the hope it will have more liveries, models and utlimately GA traffic as well.

The FSLTL models are not as pretty and less optimised as those in FS Traffic but considering its free and has a wider range of models it's currently the better product. AIG, which uses even older models and liveries, isn't too bad either. It's a shame their traffic injectors are not more stable and the models aren't as optimised for MSFS but its because of that legacy of models and liveries they can support so many of them.

Yea I went back to FSLTL and Offline GA Traffic Addon for now. Hopefully JustFlight will implement not only GA traffic but also Military air traffic in the future.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Here I have uninstalled to control center abd kept the fleet for use with PSXT. 

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0