Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

C152 improvement mod V2 - Wow!...

Thanks folks. One other thing. Is it Touchscreen compatible? I used the Flight1 GTN in FSX on my touchscreen and it worked great..

Cheers...Kenny.

Edited by kenny584
typo

Thanks guys, i'll properly unpack it later tonight and will finally be able to enjoy it... I'm getting senile 😕

Edited by cagarini
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Never been so sim-happy... MSFS 2020 &  (FSHUD & FSLTL # BATC)

None of options on the tablet are working for me - no clickspot available when I mouse over the options.  

Anyone else having this issue?

**Disregard** - I saw in an earlier post that the HD787 mod is the cause of this.

Edited by richbonneau
  • Like 1

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Anyone else having autopilot issues with other planes after installing this mod? 

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Anyone else having autopilot issues with other planes after installing this mod? 

Which aircraft?

The C152 uses its own version of the KAP140 but perhaps it doesn't work well together with other instrument mods (WT, PMS etc).

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Unable to fly in VR. It just CTD's. I know this is not the VR forum. But thought I'd ask here anyway

11 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Which aircraft?

The C152 uses its own version of the KAP140 but perhaps it doesn't work well together with other instrument mods (WT, PMS etc).

Carenado Mooney with the PMS and others. Also had an issue with the PMDG 737 when the autopilot went unresponsive. Since deleting the mod today all seems to be back to normal?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulcoy said:

Unable to fly in VR. It just CTD's. I know this is not the VR forum. But thought I'd ask here anyway

I got rid of the continuous CTDs when switching to VR by deactivating the experimental "Turbo" feature of the OpenXR Toolkit. Emptying all Community folder (except the C152 mod, of course) didn't help.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for your suggestion Michael. Unfortunately My Turbo has always been off. And like you, I tried an empty Comm' folder with only C152. Didn't help

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pmb said:

I got rid of the continuous CTDs when switching to VR by deactivating the experimental "Turbo" feature of the OpenXR Toolkit. Emptying all Community folder (except the C152 mod, of course) didn't help.

Kind regards, Michael

I suppose it depends of the rig and settings because I use VR + Turbo mode in OXR toolkit  + C152 with many addons in Community, without any CTD.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Carenado Mooney with the PMS and others. Also had an issue with the PMDG 737 when the autopilot went unresponsive. Since deleting the mod today all seems to be back to normal?

From the looking at the directories for the C152 mod, it simply overlays different variables for the KAP140 - when loaded - it cannot do anything to the other KAP140 planes, nor planes with other APs, when it's not loaded.

Must be something else up.  You shouldn't need to, but did you try removing the C152 mod from your Community folder, when flying the other planes?   If you did, it's physically impossible for the C152 mod to be affecting other autopilots, as it doesn't permanently overwrite anything in MSFS.  It just changes some KAP140 variables, when it's in the Community folder and loaded in the sim.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

It's amazing how far this project has come. High end payware quality stuff...for free.  A true labor of love.  Kudos to everyone involved.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

I suppose it depends of the rig and settings because I use VR + Turbo mode in OXR toolkit  + C152 with many addons in Community, without any CTD.

I should look into this more systematically. After trying several cures, the Turbo off thingy worked for me, yesterday. But who knows, it might indeed be more complex.

BTW, I made a search for C152 Mod CTDs yesterday, but the result was none (as you confirm). Must be a rare effect.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The tail-dragger is enormous fun - one of the most enjoyable tailwheel aircraft in the sim, I reckon.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I did notice that the GNS530 doesn't work properly in the Mooney (it's bright white with no content). That's caused by the PMS though, they seem to have a fix for it already but haven't tried it yet.

Just tried: the fix doesn't seem to work. {MS GTN750 is just fine but GNS530 is still not working

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5