Sign in to follow this  
coastaldriver

NVIDIA Drivers 528.49

First I have an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, This has been a solid good GPU. Now this update referred to above is the second driver update from NVIDIA in as many weeks. I am not sure what NVIDIA is doing here but they may be fine for 30 and 40 series NVIDIA cards but both updates on the 2070 series card have played havoc with my monitor and the way other applications use the driver to show video etc. Basically the updates blow the brightness of the scale and muck up my colour settings. I keep a number of backups of earlier drivers so reverting back and fixing this is not a problem. The previous update had me fiddling with the colour settings etc on the monitor for days trying to work out what was wrong at one stage I thought my monitor was on the way out. No - reverting to an earlier driver put it all back to what it was. 

FWIW 

Well, those among us who are not suckers will know that corporations will do what they can to encourage us to update too their latest offering even if that "what they can" is totally unscrupulous. Now shut up and go out and get yourself an RTX 4090.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coastaldriver said:

Basically the updates blow the brightness of the scale and muck up my colour settings.

Is your monitor calibrated with a hardware calibrator?

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

59 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

Now shut up and go out and get yourself an RTX 4090.

... Love to.  As they are so cheap, I'll buy one for each member of my family.

• Like 1

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

4 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Is your monitor calibrated with a hardware calibrator?

Yes, I have always been scrupulous about setting up my monitor correctly to get the best of any sim! In fact before anybody does anything else with their system calibrating and getting your monitor sorted should be your first priority. 

When you look around at a lot of screenshots I can only conclude their are a lot of partially colourblind simmers or they like those sort of garish colours! Anyway happy with what I have back and is all good! 

4 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

... Love to.  As they are so cheap, I'll buy one for each member of my family.

And one for the dog too!

I'm on a 3060 Ti and will try the Studio version later today.

How do you wipe the shaders cache in XP12, btw?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

Cagarini - I guess you could just delete the shaders folder in XP12 then run the install program again and it will pick up the missing folders and reinstall them for you. 

FWIW I have found on my system (2070 NVIDIA and LG Monitor) for some reason the Studio Version of the NVIDIA drivers have always been more stable and the colour balance better. Maybe personal preference but it is my reversion driver. 

• Like 1

Just tested it, although only deleted the system ( win 11 ) shaders cache.

All good, didn't notice any performance degradation.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

13 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Well even if I wanted to there is a 6 month wait for a 4090 where I am.!

Hi,

The wait is over! Just picked up three 4090s. B&H Photo has them as well as newegg. 

• Like 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

2 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

The wait is over! Just picked up three 4090s. B&H Photo has them as well as newegg. 

Three!? That's gonna require a beast of a case and power supply drive. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malaromane said:

Three!? That's gonna require a beast of a case and power supply drive. 🙂

Hi,

I run multiple computers for my flight deck. Looks like B&H Photo is out of stock already. 

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

If you really want the 4090 all you have to do is use a stock tracker site. I did that and was able to get one from newegg back in January for 1700 USD. When they come in stock, they usually sell out within 10 minutes or less. You'll have to jump on it as soon as you get the alert.

But is the 4090 really worth the price for xplane. I feel like the 3090 is a better value to performance in the case of xplane.

I went with the 4090 solely for the fact that it doubles my framerate in MSFS.

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB