Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

still waiting for anti aliasing fix

2 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Well there is a further update 12.0b4 I think, no anti- aliasing issues that I can see here now. Maybe its fixed or been tidied up. 

Anyway 3 pics no antialiasing issues here that I can discern,

Let's hope that the case so that everyone can move on from this issue and let LR focus on taking care of the other things we want.

Edited by BobFS88

14 hours ago, GCBraun said:

It handles 4K@120fps fine on my end

nope.

The PC may well be fine, but a 4K display on hdmi tends to go into a low bandwidth mode that has its own artifacts and exaggerates many others, especially with xplane photometric lighting, with XP running in such a high dynamic range under the hood no display is capable of rendering all the colors it would like to.

14 hours ago, GCBraun said:

evidently lacking when compared to other sims and games that I use

or.

you are using 4K on hdmi, and the display cant handle what your graphics card is pumping out.

Im travelling atm, but I have examples at home of that even in 2K where we only got to the bottom of the problem by sharing photos of the screen taken by a phone.

And, as I say, there are a very large number of these where the fix is either using planemaker by the aircraft dev, top left of this screenshot fixed back in january hits that criteria.

lBO5dHm_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

or tweeking the pbr.

pretty much all these screenshots and artifacts meet the op text description of their problem, non of them are actually AA related.

I see one of the art assets just got fixed, those of you not posting enough detail to differentiate between the above screenshot and

• XPD-13772 – Alpha channel artefacts in lib/g10/global_objects/DkGrpMed.obj

will have to wait at least until someone else does...

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

10 hours ago, turbomax said:

and they just got deleted, as soon as Goran has entered the stage. 😀

I wonder how that happened. 

😉

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

Let's hope that the case so that everyone can move on from this issue and let LR focus on taking care of the other things we want.

Quality has improved with this latest update for sure.  the display looked so much cleaner I thought for a second I had launched XP11 😁

I think this 12.04 update maybe the biggest jump in fidelity I have ever experienced in a flight sim update.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Quality has improved with this latest update for sure.  the display looked so much cleaner I thought for a second I had launched XP11 😁

I think this 12.04 update maybe the biggest jump in fidelity I have ever experienced in a flight sim update.

I will start mine soon. I am happy to see good feedback seeing so it looks like are actually there. 

BTW there is a bug report submitted by Sid of LR  himself on texture loading so I would expect it will get some high level of priority for those who use Simheaven.

But this is no doubt good news. 😃

Just now, BobFS88 said:

I will start mine soon. I am happy to see good feedback seeing so it looks like are actually there. 

BTW there is a bug report submitted by Sid of LR  himself on texture loading so I would expect it will get some high level of priority for those who use Simheaven.

But this is no doubt good news. 😃

I use SimHeaven, but with just two flights over the UK in the latest version I didn't notice anything drastically wrong. Mind you, even if the ground had totally disappeared I wouldn't have noticed as I was drooling so much over the clouds and lighting 🤣

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

14 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I wouldn't have noticed as I was drooling so much over the clouds and lighting 🤣

lol

I bet.

For me the new beta do also look better. And the weather effects and clouds have been massively improved. A fantastic update so far! They really did a great job.

• Upvote 3

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

On 2/17/2023 at 5:16 PM, mSparks said:

nope.

The PC may well be fine, but a 4K display on hdmi tends to go into a low bandwidth mode that has its own artifacts and exaggerates many others, especially with xplane photometric lighting, with XP running in such a high dynamic range under the hood no display is capable of rendering all the colors it would like to.

or.

you are using 4K on hdmi, and the display cant handle what your graphics card is pumping out.

Im travelling atm, but I have examples at home of that even in 2K where we only got to the bottom of the problem by sharing photos of the screen taken by a phone.

And, as I say, there are a very large number of these where the fix is either using planemaker by the aircraft dev, top left of this screenshot fixed back in january hits that criteria.

lBO5dHm_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

or tweeking the pbr.

pretty much all these screenshots and artifacts meet the op text description of their problem, non of them are actually AA related.

I see one of the art assets just got fixed, those of you not posting enough detail to differentiate between the above screenshot and

• XPD-13772 – Alpha channel artefacts in lib/g10/global_objects/DkGrpMed.obj

will have to wait at least until someone else does...

What a bunch of baloney! 

• Like 2

I see vacations coming if the bickering back and forth doesn't stop!  :ph34r:  This won't be 2 weeks at a luxury resort, either!

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 2/17/2023 at 11:16 PM, mSparks said:

but I have examples at home of that even in 2K where we only got to the bottom of the problem by sharing photos of the screen taken by a phone.

Here's the images for that:

SiOAXio.png

This was originally being reported as AA issues in XP11, and the poster got a ton of abuse on the org (bottom is what we all saw, top is what they were seeing). If you can't see the significant difference between these two images, the problem is with how your display is hooked up.

This is also just one example, there are difference manifestations of similar issues, (so even if you can see a difference, doesn't mean its not the display at fault, but if you can't it definately is the display)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

And i guess we have it straight from the source so no need for any more endless debate...

Pat says:

February 19, 2023 at 2:35 pm

Hey Ben,

Any update on the Anti-Aliasing issues? For my little brain, I would assume VRAM optimizations might affect that in a positive way?

Ben Supnik says:

February 19, 2023 at 6:07 pm

No. AA is a complex subject and needs a thorough treatment. I’ll discuss it here when we have a fix in the works. VRAM and clouds need to get closed out first.

Bill says:

February 19, 2023 at 10:54 am

No word on V.R yet ? …when will it be looked at, its really very poor right now, especially the total lack of working anti aliasing . some hope would be appreciated for V.R users !

Ben Supnik says:

February 19, 2023 at 6:05 pm

I think VR’s problems aren’t specific to VR, they’re just made worse by VR. We are aware of complaints about AA.

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, psolk said:

And i guess we have it straight from the source so no need for any more endless debate...

what he means by "its a complex subject" is exactly what Ive been trying to detail and explain how to properly report so that we can progress towards less artifacts.

AA is not complex, its really a very simple algorithm; take a few pixels next to each other and blur them together a bit if there is an edge.

The complexity is people complaining about AA for artifacts that will never be fixed by taking a few pixels and bluring them if there is an edge, because they are not caused by the steps between pixels (the artifacts AA fixes)

AutoATC Developer

3 minutes ago, JETPETER2 said:

I think the AA is better now after last beta....anyone else?

I‘m having the same impression. But I am not sure if it‘s just my fantasy or if it really has improved…

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM