Sign in to follow this  
Flightsport

Fenix A320 -- HUGE ISSUE! will not load saved .FLT filess

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but no one seems to be talking about this issue and I can't figure out why. First of all, I am an A320 captain for a big airline here in the US, and I bought the Fenix A320 add-on to ensure I had the depth and accuracy to be able to "lab" different scenarios, malfunctions, etc, on the MSFS2020.  So far, the Fenix sim is amazing.  It is nearly perfect in every way (except my company has the overhead switches upside down, where down is ON and up is OFF, to match the Boeings in our fleet).  Other than that, this sim is incredible.  But, there is a HUGE, GLARING issue that is really affecting the way I use this sim.  I want to SAVE my flight at certain points, IE:  ready for push, ready for takeoff, TOC, TOD, dogleg radar ILS final, etc. In the real world, the Sim instructor saves these "Snaps", in case you need to bounce back to one of these key points in training.  I am able to successfully save the files, but when attempting to reload the file it simply places the aircraft in the saved geographic location ON THE GROUND.  None of the flight parameters, configuration or data previously loaded into the MCDU, are saved.  I contacted Fenix about this and they said they are "aware of the issue and working on it".  I would have paid double for this sim to have this capability.  Reloading every time is arduous and time consuming.  Why is no one talking about this?  If anyone has a work-around for this issue that would be HUGE!  Thank you!

Mike

A320 Captain, USA

Win 10 Pro, NVDIA RTX3080, Intel I7 12700KF, 32Gb Ram

You can't save flights with the Fenix. FSI Panel is an app which will allow you to practice approaches. https://www.fsipanel.com/product/fsipanel-2020-for-msfs-2020-full-license/

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I remember a recent discussion of this problem in this forum. Yes, this is a bit annoying and I hope they are going a decent state save function soon.

more than a bit annoying . I have not  brought this due to this issue . PMDG for me till they sort this out . 

• Like 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

25 minutes ago, cannow said:

more than a bit annoying . I have not  brought this due to this issue . PMDG for me till they sort this out . 

Shouldn’t be a deal breaker for you to buy it, great plane the Fenix. You can pmdg for now but you can’t airbus ceo.

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 3

Or just use a different platform and a different addon that will allow exactly what you're after.

For A320 training - professionally - the only way to go is Airlinetools A32x...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

What he said ^^^
If you use p3d I’d strongly consider the fslabs airbus.

The fenix is kinda fine for normal procedures, however you’re in for a bit of a surprise if you try to simulate abnormals.

Try v1 cuts or single engine operations or unreliable airspeed procedures and you’ll see what I mean.

To be fair, I don’t put the blame with fenix. There are fundamental shortcomings with the platform itself.

15 hours ago, cagarini said:

For A320 training - professionally - the only way to go is Airlinetools A32x...

That FlightDeck A3xx looks like a proper piece of kit. As much as the Fenix or the FSLabs A320s can replicate normal and abnormal ops, this procedural trainer looks great for training, if rather scarily complex for your standard flight simmer.

Some might even call it 'study level'.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It's a scary thought to me, as I'm not a pilot, to read that real world commercial pilots still feel the need to practice!! 🥵

11 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

It's a scary thought to me, as I'm not a pilot, to read that real world commercial pilots still feel the need to practice!! 🥵

I find it reassuring. Given how infrequently failures and abnormal ops occur in reality, practising on a sim for that 1 in a 1,000,000 event means that muscle memory/memory items are more easily recalled in case they happen.

Heck, even more frequent events like high level go-arounds are problematic for some flight crews. More practice than once every six months during a sim check is to be applauded.

You cannot expect to run a marathon with training once every 6 months, nor expect to pass an exam at college without revisiting the topics learned more than once every half a year.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

53 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Uh what? You can't be serious.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I find it very reassuring that real world pilots practice abnormal procedures. But I don't think the comment referred to real world commercial pilots rather than as-real-as-it-gets sim pilots. 

Anyway, when watching youtube videos of real world pilots explaining abnormal procedures I've heard them say more than once "last time I did this was in the level D simulator" or "this never happened in the real world to me, that's why we practice it in the simulator". Always good to train and memorize these procedures.

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

1 minute ago, pstrub said:

I find it very reassuring that real world pilots practice abnormal procedures. But I don't think the comment referred to real world commercial pilots rather than as-real-as-it-gets sim pilots. 

Anyway, when watching youtube videos of real world pilots explaining abnormal procedures I've heard them say more than once "last time I did this was in the level D simulator" or "this never happened in the real world to me, that's why we practice it in the simulator". Always good to train and memorize these procedures.

Back in the day, before Level D sims were available to the airlines, many procedures were done in the actual aircraft, and along with that were training accidents. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Uh what? You can't be serious.

Yes, yes I am. Why do apparently competent pilots need to practice on a home sim? I find it worrying. Either they are fully trained before they fly me to Malaga or they are not?