Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Analog Baron/Bo with failures coming!

Has anyone had any issues with installation of the Black Square products?  I purchased both the Bonanza and the King Air yesterday and the installer just crashes when I try to run it (with or without defender running).

I have a ticket with JF open but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

I've had no issues with the JF installer. There are instructions they give you to follow for the install process as I think I remember the process requires you to login to your account...but other than that there's nothing much else that needs to be done. It never crashed on me.

Try rebooting the computer maybe, or run it as an administrator to see if that helps.

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I just exited a flight a few minutes ago so I reloaded cold and dark at a different airport to check and the LH sunvisor was still down in the position I had left it in my last flight.

Not sure what the issue could be, your not in developer mode by any chance?

Thanks for checking. I'm not in dev mode. I will do another flight soon and check again 🙂

I bought the Bonanza and must say I am not disappointed. It's great!. and am looking forward to cashing in my 25% discount on the Baron when it comes out.

A question on checklists: is the "default" MSFS checklist (which you can access in game from the on screen pull down menu items) for the Bonanza consistent with the one provided by JF?

• Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I haven't actually compared the two checklists, but, I would expect the Black Square version to be more detailed and contain more working switches and functions than the Asobo version.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

27 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

I bought the Bonanza and must say I am not disappointed. It's great!. and am looking forward to cashing in my 25% discount on the Baron when it comes out.

A question on checklists: is the "default" MSFS checklist (which you can access in game from the on screen pull down menu items) for the Bonanza consistent with the one provided by JF?

If it's like the King Air product (I bought the Bonanza but haven't done much in it yet), the checklists the toolbar menu brings up are theirs rather than the default ones.

Nice mini update.

Work on N953HB as well... and here's interior lighting options.  All lights are dimmable. You have instrument lighting, avionics backlighting, EL (the orange-ish glow on the labels on the lower panel), and flood (the green tint).   And thanks for the headsup on the OAT lamp (forgot to turn it on in this pic)

52739038520_2909f70815_k.jpgfinal1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52739038625_019e5bb2ee_k.jpgcockpit by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 3/9/2023 at 8:04 AM, V1ROTA7E said:

😐 as neat as this looks, they still didn't simulate engine combustion correctly. EGT should RISE when on a single magneto because combustion takes longer and is an "uneven" burn, so it's not complete until later in the combustion cycle. When doing a mag check, you're checking the RPM drop as well as the EGT rise. If you suspect a fowled magneto, leaning the mixture further will help clear the magneto. Generally speaking, a higher than normal EGT can be a good indication of engine efficiency. If the EGT is indicating higher than expected, the engine may be showing signs of aging by having a less powerful combustion (counterintuitive, I know). The only time I've seen this work correctly in sim was with the A2A stuff and in X-Plane. It's a small detail, but the first thing I look for when checking out piston plane simulations. I hope they address this small issue...it would add much to the experience...for me at least.

1.1 changelog....  🙂

- EGT now increases with poor combustion, such as from single magneto operation, or fouling spark plugs.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is anyone able to start the engine after the update? I'm having no failures active, all circuit breakers are in, battery is good, the engine is cold, I've primed for 3-4 seconds, I'm cranking but the engine won't catch. Even CTRL+E won't start the engine. I think there is a problem.

10 minutes ago, petz_e said:

Is anyone able to start the engine after the update? I'm having no failures active, all circuit breakers are in, battery is good, the engine is cold, I've primed for 3-4 seconds, I'm cranking but the engine won't catch. Even CTRL+E won't start the engine. I think there is a problem.

Is the fuel tank on?  Also do you have fuel in the tanks?  Also what model is it?  Turbo etc?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Just now, ryanbatc said:

Is the fuel tank on?  Also do you have fuel in the tanks?  Also what model is it?  Turbo etc?

Yes, fuel in on, she's filled up and I've tried switching fuel tanks. It's the Turbo I've tried. There looks to be some server issues right now in Europe too. The sim constantly puts me in offline mode. But that shouldn't be the problem.

11 minutes ago, petz_e said:

Yes, fuel in on, she's filled up and I've tried switching fuel tanks. It's the Turbo I've tried. There looks to be some server issues right now in Europe too. The sim constantly puts me in offline mode. But that shouldn't be the problem.

I've actually had issues before this update starting it.  But with this update Ctrl+E (sacrilege!!) works for me.

Here's the exact steps I did for a cold start.

BCN on

BATTERY/ALT on

MIX/THR fully in, then FUEL PUMP HI 3 seconds

THR out then cracked, and hold starter....  started right away.

Still on a cold start I believe you want the mixture almost fully out... but maybe its finicky on a turbo.

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

On 3/9/2023 at 8:04 AM, V1ROTA7E said:

😐 as neat as this looks, they still didn't simulate engine combustion correctly. EGT should RISE when on a single magneto because combustion takes longer and is an "uneven" burn, so it's not complete until later in the combustion cycle. When doing a mag check, you're checking the RPM drop as well as the EGT rise. If you suspect a fowled magneto, leaning the mixture further will help clear the magneto. Generally speaking, a higher than normal EGT can be a good indication of engine efficiency. If the EGT is indicating higher than expected, the engine may be showing signs of aging by having a less powerful combustion (counterintuitive, I know). The only time I've seen this work correctly in sim was with the A2A stuff and in X-Plane. It's a small detail, but the first thing I look for when checking out piston plane simulations. I hope they address this small issue...it would add much to the experience...for me at least.

Looks like they picked up on the EGT response to low combustion. First patch out earlier today.

- EGT now increases with poor combustion, such as from single magneto operation, or fouling spark plugs.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

HA! Awesome, I'll pick it up now. Very cool. Glad they read these comments.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot