Sign in to follow this  
bbsmitz

List of deleted flightsim.to Mods?

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if there's a list of mods (high profile or not), that were removed from flightsim.to in response to the recent kerfuffle over the deletion policy?  Anything deleted no longer shows up in the 'my downloads' section which isn't ideal if you're trying to keep stuff up to date to avoid various CTDs due to outdated mods.  If you guys post what's been deleted (and perhaps where to find the continuing updates), I can edit this top level post to keep a running list (or maybe there's just a couple?).  I know of at least a few...

1. All the Savage Mods (Carbon, Grravel) are gone.  I believe the most recent mods are available at https://www.got-friends.com/.
  2. Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS GAIST Ultra V3 is also gone.  Can now be downloaded here - https://www.flightsim.com/files/file/209967-msfs-2020-global-ai-ship-traffic-gaist-ultra-v3/.

Community Additions...
  3. "Chudamaru's Flow Pro Widget has also been deleted, and is available as a zip file on Discord. - Vision Jet Walkaround Widget" (Ricardo41)

Edited by bbsmitz
  • Like 5

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

JPL Logistics 152, don't have a link handy but it's available via their discord server 

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

JPL Logistics 152, don't have a link handy but it's available via their discord server 

Can also be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qmKwnRL6uswEdS9XbBsAU86lgcqg4q5H/view?usp=share_link

• Like 3

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Did I also read that puffinflight had deleted his wonderful work as well, particularly welovevfr.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

8 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Did I also read that puffinflight had deleted his wonderful work as well, particularly welovevfr.

They are still on there and they don't have any intentions of removing them at this time looking at this comment on reddit they did.

s1z9STK.png

• Like 7

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Apparently there's a statute of limitations on post editing... so folks are gonna have to browse the thread after all.  Sorry guys!

• Like 1

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

On 2/26/2023 at 11:42 PM, Ricardo41 said:

Chudamaru's Flow Pro Widget has also been deleted, and is available as a zip file on Discord. 

Vision Jet Walkaround Widget

It says No text channels. "You don't have access to text channels or there are none on this server". What the heck is that? Aren't they all "text channels"? I really find discord a difficult place to use sometimes.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Now it’s going to be less easy to find some add-ons, 

I remember years ago (with Fsx or Prepar3D) visiting several places in order to get the latest updates.

Since now it has been very convenient to have everything in one place…

Regards.

• Like 1

I wish Discord would not be used as alternative... Registering with dozens of different discord channels, each with several unorganized subchannels is way too much cognitive overload  at least for me . Set up a simple website. Or use Avsim file database  Or use NexusMods.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 9

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

10 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

I wish Discord would not be used as alternative... Registering with dozens of different discord channels, each with several unorganized subchannels is way too much cognitive overload  at least for me .

I'm subscribed to several channels, I had to to get support or discuss features I want, but I really dislike it. It's an unorganized mess. I don't know why more and more developers are heading towards it. Perhaps as it's simpler than setting up a well-organized forum by themselves.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

It's an unorganized mess.

this ^^^ for sure. a discord channel can be organized more like a forum and download library but it takes a good bit of effort. most discord channels don't take the time.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Set up a simple website. Or use Avsim file database  Or use NexusMods.

Or just put them back into flightsim.to
Classic case of be careful what you wish for and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Discord is a mess for a simple user like myself. I'm always in doubt about which files I need. The flightsim.to site is a breath of fresh air when you needa fle or just want to look around.