Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

looking to buy an airbus/Fenix, advise

5 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

Get the Fenix. I bought the 738 with my free credit and the plane is very boring compared to the Fenix. The Fenix is on a whole different level.

I found the exact opposite. I got the Fenix first, since I had flown the 737's in P3D for years. A couple of weeks ago, I got the PMDG 737- 600 and two weeks later I got the 737-800, and that is all I have flown since.I find the 737 much more like real flying a real aircraft and much more immersive, while the A 320 was more like being a passenger watching the aircraft fly itself. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Don't forget, the Fenix is poised for an update at some point with a big focus on performance. I have a similar setup and on most flight it's great. You will likely have stutters because it does love frames. For instance, i flew into the new NZA christchurch (which is beautiful but an absolute resource hog) and I was getting 17 fps taxiing into the gate with traffic and mutiplayer off/TLOD 200. But the fenix and christchurch is about as much a stresstest as you can do. You can usually adjust and lower settings to help. I love flying into photogrammetry cities with fsltl traffic and injection, which is a heavy cost. The 737-800 performs probably 25% better, but I do tend to fly the Fenix just as much because it's just a great addon with a ton of depth. You won't regret the Fenix. The discord is active with many users if you do that sort of thing as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filou said:

The Fenix is simply a treat on every flight...

And so is the FBW A320NX and performance is superb.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, Noel said:

And so is the FBW A320NX and performance is superb.

I put the performance thoughts out of my brain.

ULTRA / 4K / Heathrow Airport / FSLTL Traffic 200% / 

xYcr2Oa.jpg

• Like 3

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

that is a gorgeous pic!!!  It seems I am leaning more and more to the Fenix, it seems extremely detailed inside and outside/

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

The FBW has a good cockpit also. It's from a newer model, so it doesn't have the wear of the Fenix. One thing to keep in mind with the Fenix is that there is an external app that has to run that acts as the copy protection. If that app crashes, so do you. Literally.

I'd try the FBW for a while to see if you like Airbuses.

8 hours ago, BrammyH said:

The FBW has a good cockpit also. It's from a newer model, so it doesn't have the wear of the Fenix. One thing to keep in mind with the Fenix is that there is an external app that has to run that acts as the copy protection. If that app crashes, so do you. Literally.

I'd try the FBW for a while to see if you like Airbuses.

I have made hundreds of flights with the Fenix and I have never had an interrupted connection with its external application.

I have at my level financially supported the FBW and I have no problem saying that I much prefer the cockpit of the FENIX. It wasn't the same approach anyway.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

8 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

that is a gorgeous pic!!!  It seems I am leaning more and more to the Fenix, it seems extremely detailed inside and outside/

If you are seriously into airliners you should get the Fenix A320 alongside the PMDG 737.

Both offer completely different experiences. The A320 is a modern aircraft with a lot of automation, fly-by-wire controls and is flown with a stick. The 737 is flown with a yoke, needs elevator trim input and still somehow has the spirit of the 1980s. Coming from the Airbus I still often wonder in the 737: Why doesn't it do that by itself - it's the 2020s!

I love both and change between them from time to time.

Performance-wise on my system I lose around 5% FPS compared to the PMDG 737. Regarding the external app: After more than a hundred flights with the Fenix - it hasn't crashed a single time.

And if you are used to the simulation depth of PMDG you should go for the Fenix, not the FBW.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

I made a little video a few days ago for a friend.It may be boring for some but to show you a little moment of the beginning of my flight between LFOB - LQSA

There are of course many and better videos on YouTube. In any case, I take an incredible pleasure with this plane. I am also new to navigraph and it increases the motivation to learn.

I also realize that I need to invest in Trackir or something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIvrgxz2ask

• Like 1

please be aware the fenix has no panel/fms   save system unlike the excellent 737 or maddog. Fine if you can complete a flight in one sitting  but for people like me who require the ability to resume a flight currently the fenix is a no go. Looking forward to aerosoft 330 . Hopefully will include a panel/fms save .

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

7 hours ago, cannow said:

Hopefully will include a panel/fms save .

It won't.

I have an I7 10700 and 2070 Super can run Fenix no problems get 30-40fps at LAX. Heathrow I get around 30fps can get at least 50fps at times. Custom panel states will come but no time line on that.

So with  the Fenix u cannot use the same panel state like the PMDG 737 ?  For example the PMDG in the FMC. panel states such as runway. taxi, the Fenix does not have, Oh well. I know several videos on You Tube, do they give you a manual, and where is it located ?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

55 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

So with  the Fenix u cannot use the same panel state like the PMDG 737 ?  For example the PMDG in the FMC. panel states such as runway. taxi, the Fenix does not have, Oh well. I know several videos on You Tube, do they give you a manual, and where is it located ?

the  fenix  only  gives  you  start up  panel  states  as  you load  it  doesnt  allow  you  to save  the  panel  states  during  mid  flight.  To  get  the  panel  state  to load  what  ever  you  want  is  in  the  efb   section

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If your looking for the full navigational suite your looking for the Fenix. The performance issues some are claiming is very much exaggerated. The performance of the program is highly adjustable. Allowing you to place the rendered  display  load on either an unused integrated graphics unit / your discrete graphics card or your cpu even .. added to that you can set the display quality to quality balanced or performance.

If people cant get the program to run satisfactorily with those options available .. well .. in my opinion they are an edge case.

I used to fly the FBW alot .. until they introduced some major stutters. Work has been done to clear this up.. but they still have some work to do to clear it up completely. My major niggle with the FBW are the RNAV approaches. However i must be fair and state that the FBW team is working on getting this feature off the ground. But until then the Fenix to me is the better product.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders