Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Is FlightSim.to defending copyright infringement?

18 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

The site admin would use common sense, logic, and evidence.

All honestly this is nothing new,

Barry from groom lake simulations was caught numerous times using peoples textures and uploading it in his files and claim it it as his own. Once we caught him, we deleted all his files from OZx and shared our findings with other sites who pulled his files

The clown didnt even try to hide it, as the files he was claiming as his was from the same very site.

All it did was push him to use file hosting sites from his own wix webpage where he continued to the same and expand to tracing other peoples work.

Around the same time he was caught out being a military imposter calling he was a 05 and F111 pilot posing in fake and or edited pics.

Even today Barry posts an irrelevant description in all his profiles to try and deflect criticism of his past

Note to those of interest "The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 forbids hate speeches on several grounds." Incitement is "unlawful" This is when an individual takes it upon them self's to Slander someone else in Public. Either verbally or on public forums. This action is "unlawful" Along with Stalking and harassment and slander. Using Hate speech's to influence others is "Incitement" Again it is "unlawful" End of the Day, If you've got nothing nice to say. Don't say anything at all.

Its not slander, when its true. He was never a F111 pilot, he was never a 05 rank and he stole and traces other peoples work.

There will always be people like Barry, regardless of their actions they will have followers who will download their work which will encourage them to continue. These people crave the attention and praise. They want to be seen as SMEs and/or contributors.

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

9 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I was looking for a bit more information than just names and telephone numbers. I'm curious to know exactly who Sepehr Habashi is, and what his relationship / history with flightsim is.

I hav been wondering this, too, in the "other" thread. The address is German, but I never heard about Mr. Sepehr Habashi in a German forum or somewhere else in the German flightsim community. On the other hand, the heads of Aerosoft, SimFlight, FSmagazin etc. are well known in the community, some of them could be even met at conferences at times.

It remains a strange case for me.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Raller said:

Did you actually ask me for permission to publicly upload my files (textures) here on a server other than flightsim.to for comparison?

Have you read the terms before you judge others?

Think about it!

This is by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard on any flightsim forum. The fact that you choose this as a defense is laughable. What’s next? Are you going to be angry when someone posts screenshots of them using your livery?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

It remains a strange case for me.

Yes, I'd never come across the name before. 

I guess it isn't essential to know, but I'm more likely to be sympathetic to the operator if I know they have deep / long links with the community rather than someone who has simply spotted a good opportunity for a 'free now, subscribe later' dumping model.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

OK guys, I'm closing this one now.

There are a couple of issues I see here, neither of which I want to see play out in the AVSIM forums.

First, there's the question of copyright infringement, which is a legal issue, and the resolution of an accusation of infringement is for the courts to decide. 

Second, there is the question of whether lifting artwork done by another, modifying it into a derivative work, and then publishing it as your own without permission or even attribution to the original author is the kind of ethical and honest behavior we want to see in the community.  The AVSIM position is that, regardless of the legality, it is unwanted and unethical behavior that we will not be party to, and we do regularly remove files from the AVSIM library when a complaintant demonstrates to our satisfaction that an upload containing aircraft or scenery art has incorporated obvious replication of another's previous work.  Many a talented designer has justifiably left our community in disgust after having his/her work expropriated and misused.  It's a really rotten way to repay those that gift us with the benefits of their time and talents.

The Flightsim.to staff will have to answer these questions for themselves.  It's most appropriate to address them there directly with the site's operators rather than discussing them here where they're not present to defend themselves. Everyone can then decide for themselves how to proceed based on their response (or lack of response). 

• Like 4

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case