Sign in to follow this  
solito

Stuttering after SU12

I am experimenting heavy stuttering after SU12. Nothing has change at my graphic settings after its installation. I dont know how to fix it.

Not much info to go on, but try this:

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I don't observe this myself and didn't throughout the beta either. However, I read, some people had to clear caches, ie. the MSFS rolling cache (which I don't use), the DX cache (which I do now and then), and, perhaps, the Nvidia cache to get rid of the stutters (if under Nvidia).

Just google for details.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Had same problem. I updated FSUIPC, and stutters are gone.

If you use this utility, I suggest checking for an update. Think the latest is 7.3.18 released Mar. 15th.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

Robin

I just finished a 5 hour flight from CUN-SEA checking out SU12.  All was well and I thought overall performance had improved and things did look slightly better.  That is until I approached SEA and all of a sudden it turned into an unplayable stutter fest.  Not sure what changed but in ran nearly perfect before SU12.  I have the SeaTac add on and the Seattle landmarks package.  So I am thinking one of those packages broke in SU12 and will need updating.  Also perhaps the long flight performance bug in MSFS is finely on my system despite being lucky previously.  

Another possibility is when using the SeaTac airport package you are supposed to delete the Asobo SeaTac airport.  If you don't it will conflict and I am thinking its possible during SU12 update it was added back in.  Will check for this shortly!

• Upvote 1

First couple of flights... very smooth the entire way.. 🙂

Bert

I did have a very regular stutter fest on my very early test flights. After investigations and removing some addons from my community, resetting the graphical settings from MSFS, it all gone. I reverted back to my regular Community.

Last flight were uneventful. Now chasing of all compatibility update. For example, just did the //42 Flow update. Waiting for the Rex airport texture update, hoping for a fix on the water exclusion polygon bug fixnd finally being back on track to finish my next freeware.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Honestly, I think this is as smooth as it has ever been for me. Not even the slightest micro stutter in heavy weather in a metropolitan area. It's just great. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Yeah, same here. seems the loading stutters are back agein. High fps but here and there suddenly a short stutter. Did not experience that before yesterdays update.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

If you do have FSUIPC installed then that is most likely the issue. Fenix said this about it:

So far all seems good with SU12! One thing to note, there is a bug with FSUIPC in SU12 that causes it to call variables that don't exist, dozens of times a second - this results in stuttering/lagging whilst flying several types of aircraft. If you're experiencing stuttering after updating to SU12 and run FSUIPC we strongly recommend you update to version 7.3.18, followed by adding "NumberOfPumps=0" to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file. For more information and help, please contact FSUIPC as this is not a Fenix issue, though it should be noted a new version of FSUIPC is due out tomorrow that should resolve this (edited)

Edit: Looks like FSUIPC7 v7.3.19 is now out which probably resolves the issue. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I dont use FSUIPC at all...

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

I heard Flow Pro has problem with SU12.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

19 minutes ago, rutra said:

I heard Flow Pro has problem with SU12.

Don't know if Flow was faulty (regarding stutter) but an update for SU12 is already available via Orbx Direct.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I have it with Inbuilds EGLL and KLAX only when changing camera views.

9 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Had same problem. I updated FSUIPC, and stutters are gone.

If you use this utility, I suggest checking for an update. Think the latest is 7.3.18 released Mar. 15th.

Hope this helps.

On the FSUIPC website it says latest version is 7.3.19

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310