Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Jackson

Severe Texture Re-draw Popping post SU12

Hi all,

Has anyone been suffering with severe texture redraw in right in front of nose and to the side of aircraft since SU12?

Thus does not appear to occur at any appreciable distance from the aircraft viewpoint.

I have the following settings render Scaling 120 TLD at 130 (tried 100 for both of these to no avail).

Computer specs are as follows (Framerate locked to 40)

ASUS Z690, I9-12900KF 3.20 GHz, ASUS G-Force RTX3080 10GB, 32GB Vulcan T-Force 32GB.

Running NVIDIA game ready driver 522.25 @ 1440p (this added by Computer Vendor when my PC went back in for issue).

Could this driver be the issue? 

GPU Temp at 61 C so do not think overheating is an issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Nic

Edited by Nicholas Jackson

If it was me I'd probably want to check that driver first if it's the most recent change to your system. If the reason your PC went to the shop was for something graphics-related, they may not have actually fixed the root problem by updating the driver.

You don't say if the problem is on the ground changing views at an airport for example, or only in the air, or both, or whether you've had the issue before.

Your system likely supports a much higher TLOD and you'd need to experiment to see whether you can run that higher (assuming it was the cause).

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

Hi Capn,

Thanks for your reply

Ground textures only... and the computer was seen for a issue unrelated to Graphics. (It was a freezing desktop issue).

Have never had the issue before prior to today.

I am leaning towards driver too, or maybe internet connection???

Will continue to investigate.

Regards

I am getting the same since SU12. Exactly as you write, it pops up right in front of the plane's nose. But up till now just in one area (east of LOWI Innsbruck).

My connection speed is 70 Mbps, should be enough. I immediately deleted rolling cache, switched it off and restarted, but the popping is still there.

But to be fair, this is exactly the same area where I was testing the Google maps texture replacement mod many moths ago. Perhaps it is connected, despite not using it anymore and deleting the cache....(???)

(BTW I am still planning to test the new version of Google texture replacement, but I was hoping both system would be separated from each other.)

2023-03-27-23-07-58-Window.png

2023-03-27-23-07-24-Window.png

2023-03-27-23-08-50-Window.png

2023-03-27-23-09-50-Window.png

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

Yes I have this - it is a DX12 issue confirmed by the dev team.  Not sure if there is much we can do as end users for now since DX12 is still in beta.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have this with ground textures as well when near the ground.

If you find the solution please let us know. I could not figure out what causes it. 

My system is completely AMD, since your's is NVidea, we can propably ignore the hardware for a solution.

I guess it's some server thing otr any hiccupp with MSFS itself. I noticed it only when flying in Europe, not when flying in Africa.

Edited by darshonaut

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

4 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Yes I have this - it is a DX12 issue confirmed by the dev team.  Not sure if there is much we can do as end users for now since DX12 is still in beta.

Same problem in DX11.

• Like 3

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

it has been there since the implementation of DX12, unfortunately it has not been fixed.

but there is a workaround, and it is to activate and the deactivate the airport debug on devmode. 

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

So we have two tile issues it seems.  The one is specifically DX12, where tiles are not loaded properly at the ends of runways etc., and seems to show a low quality tile in place of the proper one, and the other one is the tiles popping around the aircraft, which to me seems to be more of a masking issue, as the tiles are there but just seem to change shade.  Also, when I am low over water, the 'water masks' disappear and then reappear as I fly over them - DX11 and DX12.

This is only in certain areas, but it seems to be spreading unless I am just noticing it more, but I have seen it from early days.  The DX12 one at airports can be temporarily fixed from the dev menu as mentioned above, whereas the other one has no known fix yet.  I have certainly tried a lot of things, and it does not seem to be a LOD, bandwidth, or driver issue as it effects Nvidia and AMD cards.

I hope Asobo can apply some priority to this.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just another example of half baked MSFS misery ignored by the devs for months, if not years. More important to add more and more stuff to the sim nobody needs instead of once taking half a year to get those basics right. Slightly enough of this shat, seriously....

• Like 4

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Interesting. I noticed this problem yesterday for the first time (textures loading in blocks during approach, DX11) but it was after I used time acceleration which I normally never use... so I thought it was due to that. I am curious to see if I'll have this problem again this evening if I don't use time acceleration.

Did anyone who has this problem use time accel perhaps...? Or slew?

Edited by tup61

No. Just normal flight. I've tried LOD from 100 to 400, rolling cache on and off, but nothing helped.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ