Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

MSFS: A Victim of Its Own Huge Success

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

- have DECREASED this year, not increased.

Compared to when?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

As far as I can tell, there is no evidence whatsoever that Microsoft has any interest in charging a subscription fee for MSFS. This whole topic is made for batting around in forums from time to time (we have seen it before, and no doubt will again), but has no basis in reality. Have we run out of real issues to discuss?

• Like 4

I would think that MSFS's would be in Steam avoidence mode due to all the recent hubbub of it's overlays causing 60 second pauses.

sp

7 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Context is everything.  Can you post something I haven't seen several hundred times when someone says they don't care about a specific part of someones post?

Improving MSFS is all most care about.  IOW make a statement that will improve our sim.  That will get you everywhere.

sp

Just now, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Improving MSFS is all most care about.

Improving ANY sim is all most care about.  That's why I was part of the MS Flight beta team.  That's why my notes to the developers were almost long enough to qualify for a Harry Potter book.  

1 minute ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

IOW make a statement that will improve our sim.

Those statements, against popular opinion, includes criticisms.  I visit these forums frequently (which led me to making the purchase because of the improvements made in the updates).  It's blatantly obvious that some people in here simply cannot handle those criticisms.  Some people, who are having problems with crashing or server problems, are met with "Doesn't happen to me.  Must be something wrong with your system.".  How does that help?  For a flight sim to get better, people must be open to what is wrong.  Not fire back with "It's perfect for me.  You need to educate yourself!".  (I'm paraphrasing.)

4 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

That will get you everywhere.

We'll see.  I've already started making notes on problems that I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, cobalt said:

It helps in the following way: If I have a problem in MSFS, knowing that some others do not have that problem is valuable information. If everybody is experiencing the issue, then clearly there must be a flaw in the program; if not, then I need to look elsewhere --- add-ons, system, settings, servers, etc. -- for the solution. Pretty obvious, isn't it? The implication that anybody who reports that he is not seeing a problem is engaging in one-upmanship, is just wrong. On the contrary, it is welcome!

Can you imagine how much easier support would be if someone emailed me and told me something I made is crashing on their system, and I responded with, "Doesn't happen to me.  Must be something on your PC."

Obviously it doesn't happen to everyone.  "If it did, Asobo themselves would come out with a statement and say "Our last update will cause issues on most or all installs of MSFS."  It would be pretty incompetent of them if they didn't.

How about someone actually help the person with the problem by diagnosing it, if they have the know-how.  I certainly wouldn't take time out of my day by telling someone, "Doesn't happen to me.  Must be something on your system." every time it happened.  That kind of comment doesn't really come across as helpful, useful or productive.

The people who actually reply with possible solutions, like clearing some folder, or re-doing something, THOSE are the productive, helpful posts.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

We just disagree on this. To me, someone else's experience Is ALWAYS useful information. I cannot see the logic of your position at all.

9 minutes ago, cobalt said:

We just disagree on this. To me, someone else's experience Is ALWAYS useful information. I cannot see the logic of your position at all.

I prefer to help people.  I could have told @turbomax that the problem he was having with X-Plane 12 was something on his PC, but I didn't.  I DM'ed him a suggestion to update his drivers, after reading through his log file and saw his drivers weren't up to date.  He followed my advice and thanked me for the help, because it solved his problem.  A very different outcome to someone just telling him, "Doesn't happen to me.  Must be something on your end."

Not sure he would have appreciated that.  But I could be wrong.

But that's just me.  I like to help people having problems with software.

Back on topic?

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I prefer to help people.

So do I. And sharing information with others about what I am seeing is doing just that.

2 minutes ago, cobalt said:

So do I. And sharing information with others about what I am seeing is doing just that.

Ok, well you keep telling people it must be something on their PC.  Personally, I don't see the logic in that kind of help, but if you do, more power to you, sir.  

Back on topic before it gets locked.

While the thread title is very broad to interpretation, what a read on this one! You guys are lucky this hasn’t received the dead bolt!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

🔒 Too much trash talking going on!

• Like 7

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: