Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Aerosoft’s Twin Otter is no longer available for MSFS

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The CRJ was and will continue to be my last purchase from Hans Hartman and the people at Aerosoft. Wish them the best of the luck though. 

Definitely looking forward to the ATR 42/72 from Hans.

• Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

For FSX/P3D they released an "Extended" version with better autopilot and some other improvements. It was quite good.

I'm guessing that's what is around the corner, maybe with enhanced Antarctica X scenery or something. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

That maniac did it. Jorg, you crazy son of a gun. You really bought Aerosoft, didn't you!?

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Another reason to not to trust Aerosoft in my humble opinion. They did not stand behind CRJ and they are leaving a lot of customers who bought the twin otter with a lot of questions and uncertain future. I won't be surprised if they sell the so called future version as a different plane. Very disappointing. No more Aerosoft products in my virtual hangar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Republic3D said:

It was quite good.

By the standards set at these forums, high praise indeed.

This statement:

it will be relaunched at a later date as part of another project

would appear to be absolutely clear and not in the least bit ambiguous.

Speculation as to what that project might be could be fun, but no, out
trots the hackneyed "it's no good",  "Aerosoft don't care about me", "Matthias was rude to me"
and the rest of the trite personal opinions that blight every mention of Aerosoft.
Not surprising but still disappointing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Reader said:

By the standards set at these forums, high praise indeed.

So let me correct this 😁.

I had the Extended version in P3D. This aircraft was a perfect fit for my type of simming, a versatile twin turboprop well adapted to bush flying but I never was hooked. She gathered a lot of dust in my hangar. The AS version was soulless. The refusal to accommodate the F1 GTN 750 was not very helpful either.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Maybe they've discovered that planes actually have round wheels?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Speculation as to what that project might be could be fun, but no, out
trots the hackneyed "it's no good",  "Aerosoft don't care about me", "Matthias was rude to me"
and the rest of the trite personal opinions that blight every mention of Aerosoft.
Not surprising but still disappointing.

But it's true!  We we given a poor sound set at the beginning, and told it was good, there were things such as no trim animations and told they couldn't be done due to 'performance' issues, and as usual, MK was dismissive and rude.  I had to buy an extra sound set and use mods from of FS.to to get it up to scratch.  The excellent mods were later knobbed by Areosoft due to 'copyright' issues with the config file, an issue that no other developer seems to have :rolleyes:. They actually reported the well respected modder to FS.to and had a strike down on his text file.  Not much trust for Aerosoft in my view, and I know quite a few feel the same.  That is just a fact, and it is simply a case of cause and effect.  I hope you can understand why.

I don't have the CRJ, so I can't comment personally, but some people think it isn't up to standard for the price paid - I know simmers are a difficult crowd though.

As for the future of the Twin Otter, as mentioned earlier, I think MS / Asobo have purchased it to be a Local Legend for the Oceania world update - it would fit.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

(…) I think MS / Asobo have purchased it to be a Local Legend for the Oceania world update - it would fit.

Someone in the AS forums said the same. MK suggested though that he’s wrong in that regard. IMO, it could still be a local legend, just not for the next WU. But maybe he’s just mocking us or MS did not reveal their full plan. Anyway, I think it’s safe to say that MS is holding the rights to sell or distribute the Twotter. 

Edited by petz_e
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, petz_e said:

Someone in the AS forums said the same. MK suggested though that he’s wrong in that regard. IMO, it could still be a local legend, just not for the next WU. But maybe he’s just mocking us or MS did not reveal their full plan. Anyway, I think it’s safe to say that MS is holding the rights to sell or distribute the Twotter. 

That's right.  The only other option I can think of is they are going to do an 'extended' version like before, put it on sale at a higher price, and maybe offer current owners an 'upgrade' price, but then if they do that I can't see a reason to take it off sale at this moment.  I suppose we will see over the coming weeks.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

If they have pulled it because it is going to be an upcoming "Local Legend" for MSFS, then why pull the P3D version at the same time?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

43 minutes ago, petz_e said:

Well, Matthijs Kok denied it is part of the WU13 upgrade so I assume it isn't. I doubt he would lie about such a thing when he could just be silent about it.
The "good" news is that we will have continued support, but chances are we will never see any improvements on this project.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

If they have pulled it because it is going to be an upcoming "Local Legend" for MSFS, then why pull the P3D version at the same time?

They did? Well, that’s strange. Maybe their license with DHC expired?

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

So let me correct this 😁.

I had the Extended version in P3D. This aircraft was a perfect fit for my type of simming, a versatile twin turboprop well adapted to bush flying but I never was hooked. She gathered a lot of dust in my hangar. The AS version was soulless. The refusal to accommodate the F1 GTN 750 was not very helpful either.

A perfect example of flying on rails.

sp

• Upvote 1

What is weird is that the new project, whatever it is, requires to pull out  the product for both MSFS or P3D. Sounds like a legal issue. 

But, as said by one of Kok’s ineffable deputies, who are we to ask 😅

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam