Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

4 hours ago, rob0203 said:

The easy interface is so much better then PF3 or Pilot2Atc!

One of the main reasons I use Pilot2ATC is that one can interact with it via voice recognition. I had the impression that this is not the case for FSHud. Is that still the case in the beta version?

1 hour ago, qqwertzde said:

One of the main reasons I use Pilot2ATC is that one can interact with it via voice recognition. I had the impression that this is not the case for FSHud. Is that still the case in the beta version?

No, that is a good point. You can’t interact with voice. I like that too with Pilot2Atc. And I must say the speech recognition is quite good. The only thing for me what makes Fshud so good is:

Imagine sitting in an airplane and all the traffic around you would just do whatever they want and flying around like madmen, do you still want to be aboard? 

All the background chatter in Pilot2Atc I added via Atcchatter is totally fake it is just a recording with Fshud it is not!

You will actually see the airplane on final before you etc.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

One question I have with FSHud, does it actually route you like an ATC would and give you a suitable routing, SID and STAR?  I saw in the demo video this was all plugged in manually while on the ground, which breaks the realism for me.  I'm not going to know what my arrival procedure will be for an airport nine hours away before I've even departed. 

This is fixed now it will give you Sid and Star based on actual weather now.

Was also major dealbreaker for me before but now fixed!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Nixoq said:

How does it work in VR where one doesn't see windows unless it's an MSFS in-game panel? Do you need the window to interact with ATC or can you set your F/O to handle all the comms and radio changes?

Current version doesn't work in VR. Saw the dev say that they're going to make VR compatible windows in 1.4. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

yep  thats  the  main  reason i use p2a  because  of  the  voice  don't  need  to  bring  up  the  gui   once  you  set  everything  up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 hours ago, rob0203 said:

They totally reworked the voices ... I am sure with this new version you don’t want any other Atc software anymore!

Pretty big claims. 

Can we hear a sample of these "totally reworked" voices? Right now what I'm hearing in youtube videos of FSHud sounds ghastly. 

A few questions:

• Does FShud have smooth Taxiing AI ?
  • Is there a situation where you start FSHud and 90% of AI starting taxiing to runway at once?
  • Does FSHud AI perform crazy maneuvers like spinning around in circles?
  • When approaching to land are there expected AI at destination ?
  • Does FSHud automatically activate the jetways and trucks etc?
  • Does the FSHud AI takeoffs and landings look convincing?

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

A few questions:

• Does FShud have smooth Taxiing AI ? Yes 
  • Is there a situation where you start FSHud and 90% of AI starting taxiing to runway at once? No
  • Does FSHud AI perform crazy maneuvers like spinning around in circles? No
  • When approaching to land are there expected AI at destination ? Yes
  • Does FSHud automatically activate the jetways and trucks etc? No
  • Does the FSHud AI takeoffs and landings look convincing? Yes

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You mean pop  up screen like this. I don't have anything on my screens when I use PF3. 

Yes, unless they have sorted out the absurd issue with the pop up screen disappearing every time you click on another monitor, I will be ditching it. I have a 32" touchscreen overhead panel for the 738 and you can imagine how frustrating it is every time I touch it I then have  to pick up the mouse and then click on the main screen. Then when I click on my Navigraph charts on another screen it then disappears again! The dev did say they were going to look into it, but I will wait and see.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

32 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Yes, unless they have sorted out the absurd issue with the pop up screen disappearing every time you click on another monitor,

+1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a quick question ...... how many distinct voices are there, hopefully at least 10 controllers & 10 ai's 🤔

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

I'm still a bit confused, although first impressions look good.  I purchased this morning.

Although it finds a route for me, I still have to type in departure and arrival runways.  Surely this should be given to me?  I don't particularly want to use Simbrief but do I have to?

• Upvote 1