Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

If you could have any rudder pedals: which would you buy?

I see on Youtube one guy says the Thrustmaster TPR are better than the MGS Crosswinds. At 4:41 he says it's harder to tell when the Crosswind pedals are centered, compared to the TPR. And things wore out on the Crosswinds (he had to epoxy it back together which only lasted awhile). 

==========================

Here's the new Simplayer Raptor with toe brakes and dampers (some Simplayer rudders don't have toe brakes nor dampers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285148966045

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I used MFG, very nice rudder pedals. Unfortunately "for me" I felt something was missing and I kept purchasing accessories like hydraulic damper, springs with different tension, footrests, etc. Finally, I gave up and switched to TPR, extremely happy with my decision.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

11 minutes ago, LRBS said:

TPR, extremely happy with my decision.

Same wise. It works flawlessly. One of my best purchases, as far as flight simulator devices is concerned.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, polosim said:

Same wise. It works flawlessly. One of my best purchases, as far as flight simulator devices is concerned.

Same here. 

TPR are the best , I started with the CH Products used them for 8 years and then moved onto the Logitech for 2 years.

Got the TPR Pedals about 8 months ago and they are by far the best.

Jason Richards

"If you could have any rudder pedals..."i would buy the Brunner CLS-E MK II RUDDER with Toe Brakes.

I currently use the VirtualFly Ruddo pedals.

• Like 2

Looks like the TPR are getting lotsa love here !

Regularly $599.99 on sale for $549.99 Amazon, so I bought one tonight.

Actually they were out of stock so I have to wait until they come back in before they ship. So don't expect me to react to them here until who knows when.

About 3 years ago we bought a king size mattress at Amazon and didn't really like it.  Amazon had UPS come to our residence and take the (large!) parcel back. No charge, not even return postage.

Despite what anyone else may say,  I love living in the Bezos Empire!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, Fielder said:

Looks like the TPR are getting lotsa love here !

Regularly $599.99 on sale for $549.99 Amazon, so I bought one tonight.

Actually they were out of stock so I have to wait until they come back in before they ship. So don't expect me to react to them here until who knows when.

About 3 years ago we bought a king size mattress at Amazon and didn't really like it.  Amazon had UPS come to our residence and take the (large!) parcel back. No charge, not even return postage.

Despite what anyone else may say,  I love living in the Bezos Empire!

Me too...except I bought my TPR at B&H Photo, free two day shipping about three weeks ago..Amazons were 605.00 (price drop since then) at the time...My MFG's have retired to the closet as I could no longer get them to calibrate..(Version#2)..

• Upvote 1

I used (and still have) MFG pedals and they were a nice step up from my previous plastic pedals.  By the time I was ready to move on to my current pedals (VirtualFly Ruddo) I was having calibration issues with the MFGs that I never really bothered to diagnose since I had the new ones coming (MFG is still collecting dust somewhere in my house).

The Ruddos are fantastic and really require some force for full deflections and brake application. I had contemplated the Brunner pedals but they were quite a bit more expensive and to be honest there are times where I wish I had bought the Yoko+ instead of my Brunner yoke.  The Brunner stuff is great for aircraft with a well dialled in profile, annoying for aircraft that don’t have one and you have to mess about with it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I am still very happy with my MFG pedals. Having heels on the floor might be more realistic but isn't very comfortable when sitting on an office chair.
The TPR seems great for simpits where you are sitting lower though.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I cancelled my TPR pedal order from Avsim and am probably going to buy the MFG Crosswinds. It was just a matter of how wide the overall width is. I have a narrow space under the desktop and 2 inches less makes a rudder fit.

TM TPR overall width is 520mm 20.47"

MFG with BF109 footplates: normal 495mm 19.45", wide holes 525 mm 20.67", narrow holes 465mm 18.30"

Note: the cheap little MFG plate that adjusts the width allows increasing or decreasing width on the BF109 pedals. But according to the MFG website, it only allows you to increase (not decrease) width on the other pedal plates (Airbus plate etc.).

(The video shows the BF109 plates)

MFG with combat fotrests, I doubt there are better pedals than these.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I can highly recommend Virpil pedals, I was lucky to find a brand new pair on FB about a year ago. They are built like a tank and I have had zero complaints 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

VirtualFly Ruddo. These are the only ones (that I know, at least) that are using the pressure sensors on the brake axis rather than the angle sensors. So with the Ruddos you need to put the pressure on the pedals to increase the braking effect- exactly like with the real plane (or the car, if you like😀). On all the other pedals the braking effect is proportional to pedal travel, which is not too realistic...

• Like 2