Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Please get this sorted Asobo

6 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Never seen this 😨

I saw this once somewhere and assumed it had to do with day/night transition, but it was brief and haven't seen it since.  Sounds like it's a very uncommon issue geographically, thankfully.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I will add that I have never had the Google Map mod thingy installed on my system, and I had used Bijan's way back in the early days of MSFS, but have long since removed it and have done a few fresh MSFS reinstalls since then. I don't think this tile shading changing is related to either of those mods.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

1 hour ago, sniper31 said:

I will add that I have never had the Google Map mod thingy installed on my system, and I had used Bijan's way back in the early days of MSFS, but have long since removed it and have done a few fresh MSFS reinstalls since then. I don't think this tile shading changing is related to either of those mods.

No it's not, I have neither and see it (mostly on coastal tiles), can look really bad on those...

G

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Seriously, this is what I see leaving Ajaccio to the NE.

Just tried that location and see it too...

Not pretty for sure.. but I have never run across that behavior in 2 years of flying all over the world.

...it is clearly a repeatable, localized problem. 

Circling back over the area does not fix it.. it persists.. so it is not just the servers having a bad day. 😉

• Upvote 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

but I have never run across that behavior in 2 years of flying all over the world.

You couldn't. I saw ít the first time around three weeks ago, but never before, and I fly in pretty varying regions as well. Some say, it's spreading from those spots like a disease, but I don't know if this is true.

The nasty observation is, there is absolutely no communication from MS on this.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 4/23/2023 at 4:02 PM, Rockliffe said:

I can only see this from my perspective, and from all the searching online I have done, I cannot see any response from them in relation to this bug. The bug, and clearly it is a bug I am referring to is the issue with delayed/irregular terrain tiles loading that pop up constantly on flights. During my search for an answer, as I say, I haven’t come across any acknowledgement from Asobo in response to any of the dozens of reports I have seen. From my own perspective, and I’m pretty sure it’s shared by many others, this issue is a real deal breaker, especially for VFR flyers. I have not flown recently because of this problem it just sours my enjoyment of flying. When happening, this is not something you can ignore, as it is so prevalent. This needs to be sorted ASAP. Equally important, it needs to be acknowledged by Asobo and for them to inform their customers what is happening to mend it. 

That's not a bug. It is a feature.

If the sim were to download all data in all directions you could possibly look at, the servers and your internet would break down. So, they load or use simplified buildings for far away houses which transfer into more realist ones if you come closer. The speed of that depends on your net connection and probably the server load. Even though it is done in a very smooth way, I think, some people cannot stand it. I actually rarely notice it. Admittedly, if the data speed is slow, towns can look like after an earthquake.

This is not to be confused with simplified drawing. That could be done and has been done. XP did draw gray buildings in the distance (or does it still), or cover the distance in fog. MSFS shows blurriness in the distance.

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

6 minutes ago, flyingpauls said:

Even though it is done in a very smooth way, I think, some people cannot stand it. I actually rarely notice it.

If you were to try the Ajaccio scenario mentioned above, you would recognize that this is something else entirely..

It is a localized problem as best I can tell.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

27 minutes ago, pmb said:

You couldn't. I saw ít the first time around three weeks ago, but never before, and I fly in pretty varying regions as well. Some say, it's spreading from those spots like a disease, but I don't know if this is true.

The nasty observation is, there is absolutely no communication from MS on this.

Kind regards, Michael

I flew exclusively in New Zealand until last summer, didn't experience this issue at all there. I then switched to Australia last summer. I noticed YMBT had the issue last fall, and one or two other spots in Australia. Big place, so I probably missed a lot. I returned to New Zealand after the world update to check it out, saw it around Whangerei. I then chose random spots around the perimeter of NZ just for giggles, and it seemed like half the time I saw the issue. I won't be returning to NZ unless it's fixed. I do think it's getting worse, maybe a Bing data problem as others have said.

Edited by Bones62

15 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I've never seen this. Neither on my old "beater" rig nor on my new PC.

Maybe start with a vanilla installation of MSFS?

lol so  you want  all those users  to have this  issue to do a  re install,  wouldn't  it  be  easier  for  asobe  to  find  a  fix  for  this

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

lol so  you want  all those users  to have this  issue to do a  re install,  wouldn't  it  be  easier  for  asobe  to  find  a  fix  for  this

I actually did this last October during my biennial Windows reinstall. Same issue, no surprise.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bones62 said:

I actually did this last October during my biennial Windows reinstall. Same issue, no surprise.

yep usually  doing  re installs  wont  fix  the  issues  at hand

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

That's not a bug. It is a feature.

If the sim were to download all data in all directions you could possibly look at, the servers and your internet would break down. So, they load or use simplified buildings for far away houses which transfer into more realist ones if you come closer. The speed of that depends on your net connection and probably the server load. Even though it is done in a very smooth way, I think, some people cannot stand it. I actually rarely notice it. Admittedly, if the data speed is slow, towns can look like after an earthquake.

This is not to be confused with simplified drawing. That could be done and has been done. XP did draw gray buildings in the distance (or does it still), or cover the distance in fog. MSFS shows blurriness in the distance.

Sorry Paul, but this has nothing to do with the issue at hand. 😉

• Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

8 hours ago, pmb said:

I saw ít the first time around three weeks ago

I am almost sure that the Ajaccio area was ok some months back. So it seems a new thing indeed.

One can see it in other places, in a milder form, like when leaving rw6 in Havanna as said upthread. Ajaccio is a bit paroxistic.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I just tried Snowdonia - the mountain range in North Wales in the UK:

spacer.png

This is where the famous 'Mach Loop' is flown through by Nato jets to practice below-the-radar techniques in fast jets (if you haven't already seen them, look up any number of Youtube videos - it's CRAZY!)

I flew through the valleys and over the peaks slow, in a Tiger Moth, and fast in a Hawk T1 and yes, the mountains still morph however close or distant you are.   The low slow in the Tiger Moth was fascinating.  It is as if the land ahead or next to you drops 6-20 feet like a series of plate tectonic 'events'.  Sometimes there is a little more detail in the new view, but most of the time it is exactly the same level of detail but just a few feet lower. 

I then looped round and flew the other way...and the same areas lifted the 6-20 feet back to where they were originally!

In VR it is very noticeable (but almost impossible to capture the video) but it is actually just the same in 2D.  I will try to capture some 2D video of the effect.

I have had many improvements in my hardware, software, drivers and internet - and this effect had been completely unchanged.  So I am certain this is nothing to do with my equipment - it's in the sim itself. 

Is there ANYONE reading who can fly in this area and it NOT do this?  If so, it would be fascinating to know what is different with their set-up or settings... 

In the meantime, I've added my name to the change request 🙂

Edited by AJZip
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2