Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

May Developer Q&A today at 1730Z (just started)

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Wow having WT improve the heavies will certainly get me to try them out!

Yup! After AAU2 and the WT enhanced 787 and 747 drop, along with the existing iniBuilds A310 the default long haul aircraft story and fidelity look to be greatly improving! And will make it that much easier to wait for PMDG's 777 and others. Now if both the PMDG 777 and some initial/early version of the FBW A380 also land before end of year, 2023 is going to be a banner year for long/wide-body hauling in MSFS :)

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

On question of allowing 3rd party dev access to base sim areas like weather/etc, they are now more open to it and some planning is on progress.  ATC is also being worked on (overhauled?), will take a longer time to release.

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

10 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

is that a functioning wx radar in the 74? Did they fixed it so FENIX, pmdg etc can implement it?

A lot of the default Asobo planes have always had a functional WX radar. The problem is that it doesn't work like a real WX radar. Someone with better knowledge on how WX radars work could explain why it isn't accurate.

Edited by Tuskin38

They teased the next world update, didn't say what it was, but this is a picture of Prague. 

image.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

A lot of the default Asobo planes have always had a functional WX radar. The problem is that it doesn't work like a real WX radar. Someone with better knowledge on how WX radars work could explain why it isn't accurate.

it shows the cloud coverrage from above, without taking into consideration at which altitude there are clouds. Another form of weather rdádar is not yet possible. MS needs to negotiate this with the weather data provider. (Info from a past developer Q & A).

But yes, i.e. the 787 has always had this. 

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They teased the next world update, didn't say what it was, but this is a picture of Prague. 

image.png

Ya so maybe Central/East Europe as a region for the WU? Or just Czechia only at the least.

Len

30 minutes ago, MarcG said:

the issue is is they're word not allowed of the bugs that they introduced in past updates, it's common practice in gaming software development to fix those straight away - it's now been well over a year/18months+ since and yet here we are again with a dreadful response and terribly poor attitude with the same old "keep them happy" Martial speech.

I fully agree with @MarcG and value he's bringing this up again and again. We (at least me) don't count on new developments right now, and actually VR as such is working quite well (at least for me). External contributions like from @mbucchia add a lot already.

It's the numerous annoyances (scaling, mouse movement, engine off bug...) introduced during several sim updates which, I feel, we should be entitled to have repaired better sooner than later.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

41 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Matt Nischan of WT on now to talk about AAU2... Boeing 787 and 747 getting the WT treatment! (for 787 systems depth, comparison wise he says inbetween CJ4 and Citation Longitude... flight models for both updated and now hitting all the expected numbers, etc)

WOWW, this is wonderful news on AAU2 and the 787 and 747 which is on my side - great !!

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Roadmap as per their current plans, and bolded ones of note to me: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1810479907?t=01h20m52s

June
- AAU 2 (787, 747)
- CU 2 (France)

July
- WU 14 (Czechia? Central/East Europe?)
- CU 3
- Famous Flyer 6

August
- SU 13 surprise <--- wonder what the surprise is
- CU 4
- Famous Flyer 7
- Local Legend 11

September
- Local Legend 12
- Famous Flyer 8

October
- Local Legend 13
- WU 15

November
- Surprise <--- wonder what the surprise is
- Local Legend 14

December
- AAU 3
- Famous Flyer 9

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Len

18 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

it shows the cloud coverrage from above, without taking into consideration at which altitude there are clouds.

This keeps getting repeated, and it continues to be incorrect. 🙂

The sim weather radar is fully 3D and intersects a conical volume with the clouds and returns precip. You can even see in the screenshot from the stream that I'm far enough above the weather layer that the returns don't start until the radar beam hits the precip some distance away from the plane. Presently it does not support manual tilt, but that is being looked into by the SDK team.

• Like 18
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, darshonaut said:

Cos the Local Legend series up to now has been desperately short of early European flying boats

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, pmb said:

I fully agree with @MarcG and value he's bringing this up again and again. We (at least me) don't count on new developments right now, and actually VR as such is working quite well (at least for me). External contributions like from @mbucchia add a lot already.

It's the numerous annoyances (scaling, mouse movement, engine off bug...) introduced during several sim updates which, I feel, we should be entitled to have repaired better sooner than later.

Kind regards, Michael

The current state of VR hardware is not in a state where Ill jump in.  New forward looking gear may come this year.

sp

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

August
- SU 13 surprise <--- wonder what the surprise is
- WU 14 (Czechia? East Europe?)
- CU 4
- Famous Flyer 7
- Local Legend 11

WU14 is July not August.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

OH, OK, the tease was Prague. That's what I wanted to know..

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.