Sign in to follow this  
CornishCracker

Aircraft & Avionics Update 2 Beta Release Notes [1.33.3.0]

Anyone has a clue what WT21 stands for? I saw it in the Release Notes under Glass Cockpits... 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I took the plunge and installed the beta. The 414 seems fine. Tried a few other planes and didn't notice anything untoward. I can't get the take off right in the 787 though? I pull back on the yolk and the plane slowly lifts off nicely but then there's a stutter and it jerks up skywards.

yeah i get that, almost like it sticks to the ground then lets go - one to report on their discord

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Deleted. Tried and failed to correct schoolboy spelling error!

Edited by jarmstro

15 minutes ago, EGLD said:

yeah i get that, almost like it sticks to the ground then lets go - one to report on their discord

Just read the Discord. It's a bug which has already been identified and fixed but too late to include in the initial release.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

So what is the verdict on the 787 in AAU2? Better or worse than the Quality Wings 787?

MS 787 looks far better but QW 787 is more realistic to operate at the moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, g-liner said:

QW 787 is more realistic to operate at the moment

In what aspect

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Anyone has a clue what WT21 stands for? I saw it in the Release Notes under Glass Cockpits... 

It's the Collins Proline 21 for the CJ4.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

In what aspect

W&B, Fuel and Pax loading for sure. The QW bird has a functioning EFB to manage these chores, so there’s that.

With that said, I absolutely LOVE this gift from WT and Asobo. What an amazing time for Flight Simulation!

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, MattNischan said:

There is no EFB presently available on either aircraft. We are hoping to have the time to add one for perf planning only on the 78, but it isn't guaranteed. We have no plans for an EFB on the 74.

Is the fact that I have a tablet (inop of course) in the 747 an indicator of another addon conflicting or is that supposed to be there?  I removed the 787 and 747 mods, or so I thought...

2 minutes ago, badgenes said:

Is the fact that I have a tablet (inop of course) in the 747 an indicator of another addon conflicting or is that supposed to be there?  I removed the 787 and 747 mods, or so I thought...

I believe there's always been a tablet there part of the model but isn't functional. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, btacon said:

W&B, Fuel and Pax loading for sure. The QW bird has a functioning EFB to manage these chores, so there’s that.

With that said, I absolutely LOVE this gift from WT and Asobo. What an amazing time for Flight Simulation!

-B

Is entering W&B, Fuel, Pax in an EFB really more realistic? More convenient? Sure. More realistic? ... 😉 Kidding! Joking aside. I am curious. If I remember correctly, the QW could only allow you to load business, economy pax, fwd, aft, bulk cargo. The sim allows you to load business, econ, pilot/copilot, fwd, aft cargo. Not too much of a difference there, are you saying that it reflects CG more accurately?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

It's the Collins Proline 21 for the CJ4.

Ahh right, thanks!

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Lots of bugs which they say they are going to fix. But I hope they haven't tried to go a bridge too far.

52 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

Is entering W&B, Fuel, Pax in an EFB really more realistic? More convenient? Sure. More realistic? ... 😉 Kidding! Joking aside. I am curious. If I remember correctly, the QW could only allow you to load business, economy pax, fwd, aft, bulk cargo. The sim allows you to load business, econ, pilot/copilot, fwd, aft cargo. Not too much of a difference there, are you saying that it reflects CG more accurately?

On the 787 all the performance is done on the efb and the take off performance is then sent to the FMC. So not having that or things like the VSD makes a big difference in the sim. There’s lots of other things not working or not working correctly on the 787 ant the moment also, WT say they know about loads of them but not others. . . but it is a early stage Beta still. Plus it’s free! 

Even WT themselves say the 787 is targeted between the longitude and CJ4 in realism so it’s unrealistic to expect the highest fidelity on such a complex aircraft. 

Still it’s a HUGE improvement on the original 787 and transforms it from something useless to an aircraft  that can be operated in a similar way to the real aircraft imho. 

I’m certainly loving flying it around and checking it out, it’s amazing to finally have a working 787 in the game.

It’s definitely my favourite update  in the sim so far. WT are doing some amazing work in FS2020.

Edited by g-liner
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, g-liner said:

There’s lots of other things not working or not working correctly on the 787 ant the moment also

Can you list a few examples? Purely out of interest because I'm trying to figure out the level of fidelity as someone who's neither in the beta nor has the premium version.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD