Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

New Imaginesim Singapore WSSS announced

New Singapore and new Concorde will be a perfect couple 🙂

Artur 

49 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

New Singapore and new Concorde will be a perfect couple 🙂

Flights up to Shanghai and Tokyo look to be the best. Looking west Chennai in India looks okay. Temps there will be interesting for takeoffs. Dubai might be too far as doglegs are needed. Australia looks out of bounds.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think Artur was referring to the London -> Bahrain -> Singapore scheduled route BA flew in the late 70's. 

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Yes, without a doubt I'll pick this up when the Concorde releases

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Good news! Singapore to Dubai is doable. 3513nm. My first attempt at planning the route breaks no rules regarding supersonic <20nm lateral from land.

Accel point is GOVDO, 141nm from Singapore in the Malacca Strait. Thereafter turn left at north tip of Sumatra and head west skirting the southern tip of Sri Lanka. Then head NW and stay out in the Gulf Of Oman until the decel point.

@MachTwo, that routing has never appealed to me having to stay subsonic until the Adriatic. The world is my oyster once I get the 64-bit Concorde. What progress if any? All very quiet over there.

WSSS_OMDB.jpg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes, if they flew Singapore Bahrain, then Dubai is certainly doable. Real world they flew an unrestricted climb out of Singapore - they did bang Rupat Island in the process. They then flew supersonic through Oman and Saudi Arabia into Bahrain. Tactically it was a very interesting route. They only ever flew it at night/very early morning. 

I'll share some more Concorde updates in our forum next week. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Good news! Singapore to Dubai is doable. 3513nm. My first attempt at planning the route breaks no rules regarding supersonic <20nm lateral from land.

Accel point is GOVDO, 141nm from Singapore in the Malacca Strait. Thereafter turn left at north tip of Sumatra and head west skirting the southern tip of Sri Lanka. Then head NW and stay out in the Gulf Of Oman until the decel point.

@MachTwo, that routing has never appealed to me having to stay subsonic until the Adriatic. The world is my oyster once I get the 64-bit Concorde. What progress if any? All very quiet over there.

Ray -- thought you might be interested in this -- https://www.airguide.info/nasa-is-to-end-the-50-year-ban-on-supersonic-flights-over-land-in-the-us/

Have a good weekend!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

20 minutes ago, pgde said:

Ray -- thought you might be interested in this -- https://www.airguide.info/nasa-is-to-end-the-50-year-ban-on-supersonic-flights-over-land-in-the-us/

Have a good weekend!

No mention of the number of passengers that aircraft can take. Just a handful I guess. Wait till Boom takes to the skies and see how loud the sonic boom is then. Those under its flight path might have a different view. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Afaik, Concorde flew out of paya lebar, Changi only existed as a air base back when they flew in. Also, with regards to the scenery, I'm worried whether Imaginesim will update the airport especially since things are constantly changing at Changi. The center runway is estimated to be reopened towards the end of this year, while the taxiways connecting to 02R/20L are expected to be changed. The pictures they have on the store still shows incorrect taxiway signs which is also concerning tbh. The surrounding scenery looks exactly the same as the old version and lacks details. Time will only tell I suppose whether they will update it further.....

• Like 1

Anybody pick it up yet?  Looking forward to first impressions. 

Orman

24 minutes ago, stormyflyer said:

Afaik, Concorde flew out of paya lebar, Changi only existed as an air base back when they flew in.

Lots of things have changed since those days. If it was flying today Concorde wouldn’t be positioned at Gate 21 at T4, Heathrow. I’ve not bought WSSS before so whatever they do it will be better than the default with an improved AFCAD.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Lots of things have changed since those days. If it was flying today Concorde wouldn’t be positioned at Gate 21 at T4, Heathrow. I’ve not bought WSSS before so whatever they do it will be better than the default with an improved AFCAD.

Yep fair, actually I believe there were 2 instances, a BA world tour and a AF visit to Changi! 

I tend to be a bit picky with addons depicting changi, worked there, so just slightly disappointed with the update, at least it’s only a 9.99 update :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stormyflyer said:

I tend to be a bit picky with addons depicting changi, worked there, so just slightly disappointed with the update, at least it’s only a 9.99 update 😄

What is wrong with the new version, in your opinion? 

Orman

5 hours ago, pgde said:

Have a good weekend!

That’s great news! May be all those UFOs and Uaps that have been flying around will now tun on their transponders since they won't be breaking the speed limit anymore.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/