Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

ORBX EGLC London City v2 RELEASED!

On 5/18/2023 at 5:23 PM, TurboKen said:

$8 dollars seems justified and a great price for an upgrade to me, judging by the pics I have seen, as I have yet to upgrade but will be doing so.

As far as rehashes ORBX is way behind in bringing all the great airports form P3D to MSFS in my opinion as far as the US goes. The PNW was supposedly one of the most popular spots for flying and I'm still waiting for most of the airports to be made available. They must have lost a lot of developers to the competition.

I agree with you.  I do think most of the "competition" though, are freeware devs on flightsim to.  Sure most freeware in PNW is fairly basic but they do a lot more than stock scenery for free.  Perhaps orbx sees this.  Or my other "fear" is that orbx used their first 2 re-releases as a benchmark and they didn't sell well.  I think it was 3W5 Concrete and Darrington or something.  I believe they were ported from p3d and frankly did not look good at all.

Also when I first bought BUR and SBA the quality was awful.... honestly neither is still very good.  V2 of Burbank was a little better.

So maybe they did lose devs or they found it wasn't cost effective to do major texture upgrades.

If you are in search of PNW check out the San Juan islands by Wookie42 or scenery by and someone with a Q in their name lol.  I searched and cannot locate them.  It was like Quelcerto or someone.  Maybe they pulled their files in the giant fs.to overreaction.  Windhover also did 2 or 3 PNW airports.

Edit: oh I found him!

https://flightsim.to/profile/quelcertoleo/uploads

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

I agree with you.  I do think most of the "competition" though, are freeware devs on flightsim to.  Sure most freeware in PNW is fairly basic but they do a lot more than stock scenery for free.  Perhaps orbx sees this.  Or my other "fear" is that orbx used their first 2 re-releases as a benchmark and they didn't sell well.  I think it was 3W5 Concrete and Darrington or something.  I believe they were ported from p3d and frankly did not look good at all.

Also when I first bought BUR and SBA the quality was awful.... honestly neither is still very good.  V2 of Burbank was a little better.

Concur 100% with this statement. They (Orbx) are just not at the quality level that they used to be at and more and more simmers that used to really like their scenery are starting to feel that way, myself included. During my later FSX years and then during all of my P3D years I exclusively used Orbx scenery. Everything they put out back then was awesome with lots of character, new tech (People Flow etc.) and cool details. They really have seemed to have lost their way during the MSFS time. Nowadays, for me, my scenery collection in MSFS only includes about 50% of Orbx scenery, and most of that is from third party developers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

25 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Concur 100% with this statement. They (Orbx) are just not at the quality level that they used to be at and more and more simmers that used to really like their scenery are starting to feel that way, myself included. During my later FSX years and then during all of my P3D years I exclusively used Orbx scenery. Everything they put out back then was awesome with lots of character, new tech (People Flow etc.) and cool details. They really have seemed to have lost their way during the MSFS time. Nowadays, for me, my scenery collection in MSFS only includes about 50% of Orbx scenery, and most of that is from third party developers.

Yep, when John Venema departed, the whole look of the ORBX operation changed. The operation expanded exponentially, quality control tough to manage and an eye for maximum profit creeped in.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

5 minutes ago, The Flight Level said:

Yep, when John Venema departed, the whole look of the ORBX operation changed. The operation expanded exponentially, quality control tough to manage and an eye for maximum profit creeped in.

Agreed

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

So maybe they did lose devs or they found it wasn't cost effective to do major texture upgrades.

If you are in search of PNW check out the San Juan islands by Wookie42 or scenery by and someone with a Q in their name lol.  I searched and cannot locate them.  It was like Quelcerto or someone.  Maybe they pulled their files in the giant fs.to overreaction.  Windhover also did 2 or 3 PNW airports.

Bullfrog Sim has done a few as well.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

1 hour ago, The Flight Level said:

Absolutely. The spirit got lost then.

• Like 1

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

3 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Bullfrog Sim has done a few as well.

Oh yeah thanks for mentioning!  He does really nice work!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There is a lot of good freeware for Alaska these days. Just don't blame me when you end up having to download and install 60 airports.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

17 hours ago, Stiller Water said:

Absolutely. The spirit got lost then.

Just got an advertisement for ORBX London City V2 on Google Ads. You know they are into serious money with regular Google Ads!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

On 5/22/2023 at 10:02 AM, ryanbatc said:

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it. I'll check these guys out. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 5/17/2023 at 3:27 PM, Rene_Feijen said:

until the upgrade bundle will be available in the Marketplace

anybody knows when this may be the case, been waiting now for more than a month

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Looking at the publicity video I felt a sudden nostalgia for when scenery packages concentrated on the stuff you would actually notice from inside the cockpit of the aeroplane.

Lingering shots of terminal interiors, the exact number of cables supporting the Dome, etc etc …. obsessive without adding one iota to the immersion - and presumably detracting from the fluidity.  

Imo obvs.

• Like 1