Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

ORBX EGLC London City v2 RELEASED!

I maybe missing something here. But are we now buying updates? Reading through what was done it doesn't make sense. You goto other parties like inibuilds etc and you don't see them asking for money because they added a building or retextured the aprons. I maybe wrong. And generally i am 🙂

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

7 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

I maybe missing something here. But are we now buying updates? Reading through what was done it doesn't make sense. You goto other parties like inibuilds etc and you don't see them asking for money because they added a building or retextured the aprons. I maybe wrong. And generally i am 🙂

You do get it a discounted rate if you own the original version. They aren't the only ones - Devs like JustSim do similar things for new versions.

It depends on the developer really.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I do own there V1.0 if you call it that. And yes the discount is there for me. Just querying why the $8.00 to goto V2.0. I would understand if the airport was completely stripped and all new assets etc where used.

• Like 3

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Really?  $8 dollars for this update?  Not for me then.  I will stick with what I have and look more towards other developers mentioned like IniBuilds. 

Orbx have been a bit average in MSFS anyway, I have been seriously underwhelmed by most of their airports up to now.
They seem to be another developer living of rehashes from previous sims and their previous reputation. 

• Like 11

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Mets737 said:

Orbx has been working on a significant upgrade to EGLC London City Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator for quite some time, and we can't wait to share it with you soon! 

EGLC v2 reflects the airport expansion, with its parallel taxiway, new parking stands and the remote digital control tower. Rebuilt models with ATC tower interiors, new custom groundpoly, and much more!

Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect from EGLC London City Airport:

• Seamless integration with our Landmarks London Product: Take advantage of the stunningly realistic scenery of London's most iconic landmarks for those iconic approaches!
  • Completely rebuilt airport: We've reworked every detail of EGLC, including new textures and additional enhancements to all materials.
  • A small upgrade fee of approximately USD $5.00 (excluding taxes) for a completely rebuilt airport for existing customers of EGLC for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We are looking to replicate this upgrade offer on the Microsoft Marketplace utilizing their "bundle" feature.

Be on the lookout, as v2 will be available soon!

Note that these screenshots feature AI traffic from AIG and FSLTL.

André

any idea how to get the update price through the marketplace? is this already available/reflected in the marketplace?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

any idea how to get the update price through the marketplace? is this already available/reflected in the marketplace?

I don't think the marketplace can do discounts like that - If I remember correctly but I could be wrong. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

16 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Really?  $8 dollars for this update?  Not for me then.  I will stick with what I have and look more towards other developers mentioned like IniBuilds. 

That's 8 Australian Dollars not US Dollars

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The more interesting question to me would be, which one is better, UK2000 or ORBX? I didn't buy UK2000's so far waiting for comparison.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Reading the list of updates, I think there's enough to justify an upgrade price.

- Updated custom groundpoly
- Updated with the east apron and taxiway extension
- Rebuilt ATC tower with interior
- Improved main terminal, Private Jet Centre and Docklands campus
- Optimised further for better performance on PC and Xbox

IIRC, this has been worked on by a different inidividual developer from the one that built EGLC v1 for MSFS.

17 minutes ago, DAD said:

Read @virtualstuff post just above yours

We are looking to replicate this upgrade offer on the Microsoft Marketplace utilizing their "bundle" feature.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

45 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Really?  $8 dollars for this update?  Not for me then.  I will stick with what I have and look more towards other developers mentioned like IniBuilds. Orbx have been a bit average in MSFS anyway, I have been seriously underwhelmed by most of their airports up to now.
They seem to be another developer living of rehashes from previous sims and their previous reputation. 

Thanks for bringing all of your preconceptions to the table and sharing them with us.
Why, in the world of Avsim, professional scenery developers are expected to work for no return escapes me.
Not only is this not " living of rehashes from previous sims", but the entire development team is also different,
the original developer and team having moved on.
The update price appears to be around $5.95 for those who believe that the only currency is the USD.
Some might think that is pretty good value for money.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I would upgrade straight away if it was offered to me. Just fired up Orbx Central and there is no mention of it. 

edit - found it, have to uninstall the original first. 

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, pmb said:

The more interesting question to me would be, which one is besser, UK2000 or ORBX? I didn't buy UK2000's so far waiting for comparison.

Kind regards, Michael

The Orbx version, at least V1 had some custom scenery around the docks. Not sure if that is going to be part of V2 or modeled in the UK2000 version.

This promotional video has some nice before/after transitions which shows the changes:

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models