Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

New Nvidia Driver 532.03 WHQL

25 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

So presumably good luck to anyone who wants to use the new RTX 4060 cards for MSFS.

Maybe you'll be OK, maybe you'll keep running into crashes with the only driver version that supports your card.

I’m on an old driver with my 4090 and the only crash I get is if I alt tab in and out of MSFS. I ain’t turning off DX12 either because I use frame generation and it’s worth it. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I do believe I've had one of the GPU lost crashes some, what, ten flights ago. Perusing HWInfo after the fact gave me a potential clue as it indicated the pagefile was some 98% full. Never happened again after sizing up the page file. Did the same flight that previously crashed ofc as well. 

Turning off DX12 and giving up FG is the ultimate no-no for me, as it gives me such stupendous performance I can scarcely believe it.  

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

I do believe I've had one of the GPU lost crashes some, what, ten flights ago. Perusing HWInfo after the fact gave me a potential clue as it indicated the pagefile was some 98% full. Never happened again after sizing up the page file. Did the same flight that previously crashed ofc as well. 

Turning off DX12 and giving up FG is the ultimate no-no for me, as it gives me such stupendous performance I can scarcely believe it.  

How big did you made the pagefile ?
Did you increased  it on the C disk ?

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

3 minutes ago, altenae said:

How big did you made the pagefile ?
Did you increased  it on the C disk ?

Yeah, I got it on the system disk as that is my fastest M2. I think I have it maxed out at a max of 48Gb (1.5 times my RAM). Shouldn't be needed IMHO, however HWInfo has on several occasions told me the pagefile is approaching dangerous levels. In a middle of a flight as I type this, and my pagefile is at 65% average usage (physical RAM at 42%). MSFS sure seem to like using it for some reason.

No other app / game / whatever pushes this usage to those levels. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I have about 10 hours flight time on this new 532.03 driver. 1 crash on world map trying to pick an airfield. Besides that, it's been fine for me. 5800X3D Win11 DX12 4090 16GB ram and full Honeycomb Alpha Bravo and Turtle beach Velocity Pedals. I run MSFS 2020 with Rivatuner, Map Enhancement and Sky4sim.

This driver includes an implementation of Microsoft's DirectML for Nvidia tensor cores. I feel the MR and wobbles are less with this driver and solid frame rates. I fly with override on toolkit at 6300 with FFR Quality and wide, MR 30fps locked 30fps on Rivatuner and it's been excellent. DLSS Ultraperformance has been solid.

All Nvidia drivers have been rock-solid for me (DX11 in MSFS) - I've also been noticing small performance improvements in other games like Cyberpunk 2077.

No crashes for me with my 3090. Maybe this affects only 40 series?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The crashes only happen if using DX12. Those in here saying they run the latest drivers with DX11 is not new news. 

Eric 

Same here. I'm always using the latest NVidia drivers (RTX 3080) and DX12, no crashes so far.

Edited by -Belga-

Running DX12 and these drivers, not a single crash. Only getting awful tile loading problems but that's more a DX12 problem.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

44 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Running DX12 and these drivers, not a single crash. Only getting awful tile loading problems but that's more a DX12 problem.

I have the tile loading issues in DX11 as well unfortunately.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.