Sign in to follow this  
heavy1216

Taxi2Gate KMCO releasing May 31

Finger Crossed 🤞. Good time to be a  'simmer'    

I really hope they've updated MCO to its current state and this isn't just a straight port. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

hope they've updated MCO to its current state

They are include new South terminal C ( JetBlue gates ) fully operational with interiors.

3 hours ago, heavy1216 said:

Was browsing on Vatusa and saw this about a release event https://forums.vatusa.net/index.php?topic=11189

Technically, that is an announcement that is celebrating the release of MCO, not necessarily the release date for it. I was hoping it would be out Sunday or Monday. Makes zero sense for the developer to release it the day everyone in the US goes back to work or school after a 3-day holiday weekend. Not very bright of him tbh.  

Eric 

I don't now that everybody maintains

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Makes zero sense for the developer to release it the day everyone in the US goes back to work or school after a 3-day holiday weekend. Not very bright of him tbh.  

I don't know that everybody maintains contemporary awareness of all public holidays in the United States of America. Despite what some people think, its not the center of the universe. 

Edited by KL Oo
  • Like 10

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

So… just like this? No announcement, no previews? This doesn‘t bode well, especially since their first MSFS release was pretty mediocre.

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

So… just like this? No announcement, no previews? This doesn‘t bode well, especially since their first MSFS release was pretty mediocre.

I have always liked their stuff, but this is a very oddball developer.  General lack of engagement,  lack of presence, complete disappearance for three years and now suddenly, on a VATUSA page, an announcement about a release.  So odd.

• Like 2

I hope it would be released via some reputable dealer such as Orbx or Contrail. Hate stand alone installers these days 

27 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I hope it would be released via some reputable dealer such as Orbx or Contrail. Hate stand alone installers these days 

Based on their TFFR release they will probably use SimMarket (SM). I try to avoid SM when it comes to MSFS2020. I’m not a fan of their forced installer. I prefer FSDT Addon Manager, Orbx, Contrail and iniBuilds Manager. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

They will release through sim market im sure.

t2g has a long history in the flight sim world.  Agree that communication is not their strong suit but he does make really great airports in my opinion.  

• Like 2

Orman

11 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I don't know that everybody maintains contemporary awareness of all public holidays in the United States of America. Despite what some people think, its not the center of the universe. 

You missed the point. The airport is in the US, so naturally most potential buyers are going to be in the US; therefore, releasing this on the weekend or a holiday (in the US) is going to increase your chances for maximum profit while releasing it on a workday in the US will probably cut down your sales a bit. Nothing to do with anyone thinking they're the center of the universe, lol.

• Like 6

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

You missed the point. The airport is in the US, so naturally most potential buyers are going to be in the US; therefore, releasing this on the weekend or a holiday (in the US) is going to increase your chances for maximum profit while releasing it on a workday in the US will probably cut down your sales a bit. Nothing to do with anyone thinking they're the center of the universe, lol.

It will not affect US sales, especially since most that are going to buy it; are probably already aware of it.  Even if they don't get it on day one, they WILL get it at some point.

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

18 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

It will not affect US sales, especially since most that are going to buy it; are probably already aware of it.  Even if they don't get it on day one, they WILL get it at some point.

Again, the point is that you want to maximize your sales and you're going to be more likely to achieve that by widening your product's exposure. Releasing it low-key on a workday via some VATUSA post isn't going to achieve that, while releasing it when many are playing around with flight simming on a weekend or a holiday or reading flight sim news when they have the time for it puts your product in front a bigger audience at launch and it's almost guaranteed you're going to have cases where people pull the trigger that might otherwise miss it or lack incentive while covered in things like work.

This is just like FSDT releasing KIAH before FSExpo in Houston, because that event is going to give their airport a lot of exposure. The time (and means) of release is plain marketing and it's been empirically proven for ages that these factors can have big impacts on your profit. What you're talking about here are people with special interest in KMCO that already have made the decision to buy it when available and are therefore going to follow news on it, but that is only a part of the buyer pool. You're not going to reach the other part, that is people casually looking for new airports they may enjoy, releasing it pretty low-key.

That being said, the main point is just that US holidays play a role because it's a US airport and the majority of potential buyers is there and that it's not some sort of USA-center-of-the-world-post.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

17 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Again, the point is that you want to maximize your sales and you're going to be more likely to achieve that by widening your product's exposure. Releasing it low-key on a workday via some VATUSA post isn't going to achieve that, while releasing it when many are playing around with flight simming on a weekend or a holiday or reading flight sim news when they have the time for it puts your product in front a bigger audience at launch and it's almost guaranteed you're going to have cases where people pull the trigger that might otherwise miss it or lack incentive while covered in things like work.

This is just like FSDT releasing KIAH before FSExpo in Houston, because that event is going to give their airport a lot of exposure. The time (and means) of release is plain marketing and it's been empirically proven for ages that these factors can have big impacts on your profit. What you're talking about here are people with special interest in KMCO that already have made the decision to buy it when available and are therefore going to follow news on it, but that is only a part of the buyer pool. You're not going to reach the other part, that is people casually looking for new airports they may enjoy, releasing it pretty low-key.

That being said, the main point is just that US holidays play a role because it's a US airport and the majority of potential buyers is there and that it's not some sort of USA-center-of-the-world-post.

You aren't going to hold off releasing a ready product just for that.  It is what it is.  That's not how things work. 

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply