Sign in to follow this  
Ant1975uk

What are they doing to this sim?

I've had a rare experience where there is major degradation of scenery but it's truly rare and I typically have great visuals on all Ultra settings.  Something's amiss w/ the OP's connection to the server perhaps or had Bing data turned off or what have you.  IOW, it's not MS doing anything to the sim--it's a local aberration and I hope the OP can get to the bottom of it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Most likely your bandwidth drop time to time. If you experience this I would pause the sim and check internet speed. I used to have faulty intell wifi card that caused intermittent significant internet drops, it took me a while to figure it out!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Most likely your bandwidth drop time to time. If you experience this I would pause the sim and check internet speed. I used to have faulty intell wifi card that caused intermittent significant internet drops, it took me a while to figure it out!

It is not always internet speed as checked at the local ISP.  I had a day last week (PC version) where my framerates plummeted.  I was flying a new test version of an aircraft and had also introduced a new self-created livery variant.  I spent a half a day chasing the issue without resolution. Deleted my scenery cache, lowered my General settings, flew an earlier test version of the aircraft with my most used livery. Rebooted both system and MSFS multiple times. Still the issue persisted.  

A day later was a new day. Noticed that smoothness and frame rates had returned to my normal experience.  Reset General settings to my standard.  No issue.  Returned to the newer aircraft test version.  No issues.  Back to the new livery.  No problem. 

I assume now it was a problem with the Asobo servers.  

I can only assume Asobo is attempting to simulate USA FAA equipment outages....🤫

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

It is not always internet speed as checked at the local ISP.  I had a day last week (PC version) where my framerates plummeted. 

Are you using Asobo AI traffic? 

4 hours ago, Ant1975uk said:

Theres definitely issues. My job in the day to day is to test stuff so I notice things!

No major problems here.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Whatever ASOBO is doing I hope that they keep it up because MSFS just keeps getting better and better.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 4

MSFS works fine on my system,, Maybe instead of posting things like " What have they done this sim?". you title the thread, " Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong with my system?"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

MSFS works fine on my system,, Maybe instead of posting things like " What have they done this sim?". you title the thread, " Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong with my system?"

Oh wow Bob, good for you. I'm glad everything is fine and dandy your end.

I've just done a hour-ish flight from Vegas to San Diego, PC. All fine and dandy taking off and cruise, left the room for 5 minutes just before descent into Sand Diego and I have no ATC, only engine sounds, poor LOD around San Diego, photogrammetry popping in. All this with top internet speed. I mean it was only a short flight in the PMDG.

And that's after i had to start it up 4 times for a ridiculous no disc error.

Yes its a beautiful sim WHEN IT WORKS, but just because its fine for some in here, doesn't mean it doesn't need work and it doesn't mean it doesn't have issues and it doesn't mean I need to look at myself or my set up. I been building PCs for 20 years and I'm not stupid.

Edited by Ant1975uk
  • Upvote 1

Any possibility your system is not quite as strong as the ones saying they have no difficulties?  Maybe a slower or faulty internet?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

22 minutes ago, Ant1975uk said:

I've just done a hour-ish flight from Vegas to San Diego, PC. All fine and dandy taking off and cruise, left the room for 5 minutes just before descent into Sand Diego and I have no ATC, only engine sounds, poor LOD around San Diego, photogrammetry popping in. All this with top internet speed. I mean it was only a short flight in the PMDG.

Could you post your system specs, MSFS graphic settings, and internet speed (for example speedtest.net)?  

• Upvote 1

Sounds like internet connection issues, especially given the no disk erred.

Try caching your scenery.  Might help.

Matt Webb

One thing that I feel is truly fantastic and something that I often wished for in FSX / P3d are night lights out of nowhere in the boonies.  Saw them yesterday and was blown away.

sp

1 hour ago, Ant1975uk said:

And that's after i had to start it up 4 times for a ridiculous no disc error.

Yes its a beautiful sim WHEN IT WORKS, but just because its fine for some in here, doesn't mean it doesn't need work and it doesn't mean it doesn't have issues and it doesn't mean I need to look at myself or my set up. I been building PCs for 20 years and I'm not stupid.

This doesn't sound normal. Could be a random glitch, or something on your machine. What are your specs?

Connection issues will do that to photogrammetry in places dense cities like Hong Kong, NYC or Sao Paolo.

It was a bad timing thing for me back then, haven't seen that issue in the last two SU/WUs though.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2