Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Dune Expansion Announce Trailer

This is exactly what's going to bring in the fans and sustain the franchise, not WE FIXED THE PAPI LIGHTS!!!!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

I've noticed this strange animosity towards Asobo by some around here who always want to denigrate them in some way...

I don't think there's any animosity? But they are not rock stars and care needs to be taken to avoid them being placed on a pedestal, at which point the proper state of the relationship between business and customer will be lost.

Edited by jarmstro

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is exactly what's going to bring in the fans and sustain the franchise, not WE FIXED THE PAPI LIGHTS!!!!

the sim is for everyone.

Plus people working on this wouldn't be the people working on the PAPI lights.

MSFS slowing turning into a game..... hearing this a lot more. Hopefully not. Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, Booms said:

MSFS slowing turning into a game..... hearing this a lot more. Hopefully not. Time will tell.

How?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

15 minutes ago, Booms said:

The addition of free casual-fun expansions while the rest of the sim is also being improved continuously must somehow mean it is turning into a game? lol... When they added the Top Gun Maverick stuff or the Halo add-on in the last two years did it stop them from improving the core sim in the last two years? Think again about who is doing what, how large a team they have, how they contract out stuff like this to 3rd party devs, the business benefits (therefore benefits to us) of partnering up with big movie franchises like this, etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

How?

Doesn't matter. If a flight simmer is convinced of something, then you aren't going to change their point of view, no matter what evidence to the contrary.
(I can freely admit that I *may* suffer from this affliction too! 😅)

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

49 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I respect your opinion but disagree. If you follow my trace you will notice I've always spoken for a wide user base, not only for making the franchise profitable but also to attract new user groups - and who knows, a few of them might go into more serious usage or even make their PPL one day.

I say this, although I've personally zero interest in Dune & Co.

This said, the basics must be right, and where this isn't the case the team is responsible and has to be held responsible for repairing what is broken -. including PAPIs, cars on taxi lines, AI, morphing textures and what not. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 hours ago, Booms said:

It's not slowly turning into a game, it IS a game, no matter how much people want to pretend it is something that it isn't. It's a game. And as a game it can be anything that anyone wants it to be. Sorry to break it to you but pretending to be a B787 is no less valid than pretending to be a Dune Ornithopter pilot. But if you don't believe me than call the FAA or EASA or CAA or any other agency in charge of certifying flight simulators and ask them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, pmb said:

This said, the basics must be right, and where this isn't the case the team is responsible and has to be held responsible for repairing what is broken -. including PAPIs, cars on taxi lines, AI, morphing textures and what not. 

And maybe this is the reason they are implementing an "evolved" engine and AI in the new version? 

8 hours ago, Booms said:

MSFS slowing turning into a game

And? The problem being.......?

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 8:28 PM, pmb said:

I prefer bush flying in Africa, if that matters.😊

Hey Michael, you mean this by any chance ?  Landing in an forest patch in Congo .  No worm  or sandstorm to dodge.  Dune, schmune, I  don't need no Arrakis to keep the adrenalin  pumping 😄

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.14 - 16.58.14.88

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.14 - 17.00.00.84

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I was actually referring to @darshonaut's beautiful Africa addons. But yes, landing on these strips can be challenging. I mostly fly the Sting at this time and this isn't really slow thus you have to slow down early on. I already had a couple of missed approaches on such fields.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

As a side comment, if any of you who haven’t seen Dune but have even a passing interest in sci-fi, a Netflix account, and a decent TV, I’d strongly recommend watching it.

It’s one of the most visually gorgeous films I’ve ever seen.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea