Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

FS Expo '23 product announcement seminars stream (live now)

I hope they mention something about air traffic (air, Ground etc.), ATC and that everything is related to a new artificial intelligence... I saw a screenshot of FR24, will they finally implement it? I hope they can use Windy for the weather as well... I'm super excited about this

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

2 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

I hope they mention something about air traffic (air, Ground etc.), ATC and that everything is related to a new artificial intelligence... I saw a screenshot of FR24, will they finally implement it? I hope they can use Windy for the weather as well... I'm super excited about this

See this previous post: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/635250-fs-expo-23-product-announcement-seminars-stream-live-now/?do=findComment&comment=4977411 (they mention "accurate world air traffic" and also spoke briefly about improved livery matching, etc). Hopefully we'll get the full recording soon to go back and watch. EDIT: I see @Tuskin38 just posted it, thanks!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, Steven Silva said:

saw a screenshot of FR24

That was FR24 wasn’t it, they seem to have a lot more data than FlightAware so I’d be happy about that. They also mentioned about liveries for AI which would mean correct models too. 

Just now, NZ255 said:

They also mentioned about liveries for AI which would mean correct models too. 

We probably saw those in the trailer with the ambulance seen.

For the ATC people, they said “cognitive services … is going to gain importance in the next sim, you’ll see”

That’s text to speech and natural speech mostly I believe  

Edited by NZ255

3 hours ago, ca_metal said:

This is boring actually...

It will get more exciting shortly... Buddy of mine who's in attendance says they have a Spaghetti Wrestling Pit match scheduled onstage tonight between Jorg Neumann and Austin Meyer.  Supposed to be live streamed at 10:30 PM CDT.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

jorg's got a lower center of gravity, and i'm thinking hes got some pit experience.  Austin doesn't stand a chance.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

It will get more exciting shortly... Buddy of mine who's in attendance says they have a Spaghetti Wrestling Pit match scheduled onstage tonight between Jorg Neumann and Austin Meyer.  Supposed to be live streamed at 10:30 PM CDT.

I’ll be watching on my brand new PMDG tablet 

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, ShawnG said:

jorg's got a lower center of gravity, and i'm thinking hes got some pit experience.  Austin doesn't stand a chance.

Austin will just say Jörg is copying his moves. 🌚

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 minute ago, ca_metal said:

Austin will just say Jörg is copying his moves. 🌚

doesn't matter what he says if his face is full of spaghetti marinara, and Jorg is holding the belt up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

Wow. MSFS 2020 hit 12Mi people mark. I wouldn't expect that. Lots of non-simmers for sure.

Take his quoted figure with a pinch of salt, yet Jorg said 3 million of these (so 1/4) are "core simmers."

This is great for two reasons:

1. Despite its issues, this is a healthy number of keen flight simmers that will keep asking/demanding for realism wherever we can get it.
  2. Nine million casual users/'gamers' are helping to financially support the platform to give the core flights simmers more content. Whether that's a more realistic look to the digital Earth, new dynamic content such as live shipping, road traffic, migrating animals, new weather features such as tornadoes or supercells, or 'gamey' missions.
    As an 'old hand' with 25+ years of flight simming under my belt, I can see myself trying some of these missions, as seen in the Xbox teaser trailer, to give some variety to my simming experience.
  • Like 12

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

Take his quoted figure with a pinch of salt, yet Jorg said 3 million of these (so 1/4) are "core simmers."

1. Despite its issues, this is a healthy number of keen flight simmers that will keep asking/demanding for realism wherever we can get it.
  2. Nine million casual users/'gamers' are helping to financially support the platform to give the core flights simmers more content. Whether that's a more realistic look to the digital Earth, new dynamic content such as live shipping, road traffic, migrating animals, new weather features such as tornadoes or supercells, or 'gamey' missions.
    As an 'old hand' with 25+ years of flight simming under my belt, I can see myself trying some of these missions, as seen in the Xbox teaser trailer, to give some variety to my simming experience.

Great summary F737MAX!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

I mean, 3 million core simmers is Huge (IMO).

And I'd say it fits the reallity. A lot of new (sim realated) hardware was released in those 3 years. Also the number of new add-ons is pretty solid.

And the other 3 million hardcore gamers can help a lot on the financiall side of the business. I have gamer friens that spend a lot on skins, add-ons etc.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel