Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

What happened to the Aerosoft A330?

I've never seen a reliable VNAV implementation on any AS product. Their whole line of Airbus in FSX/P3D was riddled with issues and miscalculations that were never fixed. Then came the A330 with... yeah more issues.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

It was maybe a month ago that they stated work on VNAV hasn't even started... I can guess what level of "completion" we'll see.

Lovely. The saga of the Aerosoft Airbus continues. This is like Star Trek: The Next Generation, same types of stories, same format, new decade.

I bought in to the Airbus X, what a mistake. That plane wasn't done. Then I bought in to the Airbus X Extended - they finished the plane! Then with the Airbus Professional, another $40 out the window, they brought it to 64 bit and broke VNAV, but still, an okay plane.

The A330 in P3D was a word not allowed. It's incomplete without more engine variants, whatever they did with the cameras broke ChasePlane's integration for me, and the performance was atrocious. Plus it did special Aerosoft Airbus things like cruising at 210 knots for no reason if you left it alone for a few minutes, and hotdogging you down the vertical profile 6000 ft above path at 5000fpm.

I can't say I'm excited. I feel like I've played this game before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Wow! That quickly turned into an Aerosoft-Light-The-Torches-I-Also-Have-An-Axe-To-Grind-Bashing-thread... 😕 
Personally I have no issues with them - but then again, I haven't really purchased that many airplanes from them. Mainly scenery. 

On topic: The trailer looks quite nice, IMO. Well done on the modelling (at least). 🙂 

Edited by anden145
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, anden145 said:

Wow! That quickly turned into an Aerosoft-Light-The-Torches-I-Also-Have-An-Axe-To-Grind-Bashing-thread... 😕 
Personally I have no issues with them - but then again, I haven't really purchased that many airplanes from them. Mainly scenery. 

On topic: The trailer looks quite nice, IMO. Well done on the modelling (at least). 🙂 

The lower Ecam screen is blank 

image.png

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

image.png

Yeah...and that was also pretty much the only shot of the cockpit in the entire video lol

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Mathijs kok said they wanted 100% fidelity in cockpit operations and that is why there will be no cabin. If what he says is true then this is far from being released.

the teaser looks pretty bad too, especially the wingflex and it’s just a slideshow of all the pics they showed on the forum as we can’t even see anything new, for example, the landing gears touching the runway 

Edited by FormulaJet
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FormulaJet said:

the teaser looks pretty bad too, especially the wingflex and it’s just a slideshow of all the pics they showed on the forum as we can’t even see anything new, for example, the landing gears touching the runway 

And the windscreen wipers that seem not to work😎

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, FormulaJet said:

Mathijs kok said they wanted 100% fidelity in cockpit operations and that is why there will be no cabin.

Hmm, the Fenix A320 seems to manage both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Hmm, the Fenix A320 seems to manage both.

Kok as usually twists his justifications to suit his low effort. What he always and every time *actually* says is: "Producing a cabin and supporting will not generate enough additional sales in our target group to make it profitable". Or "Updating the CRJ and fixing the glaring bugs will not generate enough additional sales to make it profitable". Or "Most people in our target group don't even understand how VNAV works, so we'll create a basic placeholder in the A330 that does descent automatically, and then we never touch it again".

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FormulaJet said:

the teaser looks pretty bad too, especially the wingflex

I did think to myself, that considering the length of time this thing has been in production and test flown, no-one has yet said, 'guys, this wingflex is not modelled correctly'.  This is a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but a very obvious visual aspect of the aircraft in flight.  Now MK will probably say, 'well, a pilot would not be outside the aircraft and therefore we prefer to put resources in the cockpit, instead' malarky.  That nonsense ain't gonna fly with me anymore.  But I guess with a 12m potential universe of people willing to throw money at it, he'll probably get away with that attitude from a sales perspective.  Very disappointing.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ErichB said:

he'll probably get away with that attitude from a sales perspective.  Very disappointing.

They have had that attitude for the last 10 years in my opinion

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

17 hours ago, FormulaJet said:

Mathijs kok said they wanted 100% fidelity in cockpit operations and that is why there will be no cabin.

Had to laugh at this. They talk about 100% fidelity in the cockpit and at the same time are like 'We're only going to do one engine type because most people don't know what engine they're flying anyway'.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

13 hours ago, nikolajz1 said:

Just waiting for the inevitable Fenix or iniBuilds A330 instead.

From your words to God's ears.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

21 hours ago, FormulaJet said:

the teaser looks pretty bad too, especially the wingflex

As Mr.Kok would say "we are not interested in simulating wingflex, are are simulating a dummy 3D object with no cabin, just like the real plane would do. If you want wingflex, drink red bull" 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super